• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the pullup challenge thing.
I'm a little off today, but managed 40 in 2:05 and 60 in 4 minutes. I was rather surprised that my endurance with only small amounts of rest was a lot less than I figured it would be.

I probably could figure out a more efficient strategy. I started with 15 reps and burned out on the following sets. Basically getting 4-5 reps per set with short periods of rest.

After 2--3 minute rest did another 40 reps in 2:40.

You are strong.

Failure to stretch hamstrings properly rekindles every single freaking pain in the body :cry

I've been going to work with out a proper stretch for the last 3 weeks and now my lower back is spasming. :mad

Today is the first "rest" day and I did a You Tube Yoga session. Now to pull up AthleenX and do those incredible exercises he prescribes for back pain.

when my back is spasming from tight hamstrings, I take a tennis or lacrosse ball to my hamstrings. sit on a coffee table and roll it around. hurts like hell but helps a lot. a foam roller doesnt apply enough pressure. ive also had success with a sauna or hot tub and normal stretching.

Adding to the protein options

Picked up a few of these for lunch/snack - but I grew up with pickled herring so I'm not bothered by the strong fish taste
http://www.seasonproducts.com/products/savories-mediterranean-sardine-salad-kit/

And ground bison to the weekly shopping list. Still running low on iron and this usually fixes it right up - along with a great source of lean protein. Have to fight off Otto the cat when I make it though. He's a huge fan :)

Last week I saw a juice monkey in the gym managing 36 of them straight. Looked impressive seeing how fast he could do it.

Get to 40 non-stop to inspire the rest of us mortals.

Fuckin’ A damn right!

I just want to get to 20.

I don't know about putting in the effort to get to 40 non-stop. I have a feeling it would take a long time to get there if its even in the cards. I would like to get over 30 simply because I have not been able to achieve that despite being relatively close in the past.

I'll to the 40 rep challenge thing for a few weeks and see how/if it works for me. I'll probably either do 40x2 or 3 or 60x2 to keep the volume up and work on my endurance. In the end, getting a lot of pullups isn't so much about the strength, but its about the endurance. I just seem to start running out of gas after 20. it's a good diversion for me anyways since I have been doing weighted pullups recently.

We're talking wide grip stuff, right? Man....tough

We're talking wide grip stuff, right? Man....tough

Standard shoulder width. Generally grip width doesn't make much of a difference to me (I normally alternate between narrow and wide as part of my normal routine).

New challenge in the same vein as the pullup one.
100x135lb bench reps.

These are useful for me because I am on a light weight volume week.

Failure to stretch hamstrings properly rekindles every single freaking pain in the body :cry

I've been going to work with out a proper stretch for the last 3 weeks and now my lower back is spasming. :mad

Today is the first "rest" day and I did a You Tube Yoga session. Now to pull up AthleenX and do those incredible exercises he prescribes for back pain.

The right kind of yoga can do miracles for anybody. Especially heated yoga.

Stretching has always been underrated by me until the last year or so.

Well, I’m finally back in workout mode. Been going before work but it’s well worth it. Makes me want to eat healthier and consume less alcohol.

I just hope I can stay consistent. Once I get into good shape I tend to get bored and stop working out.

Standard shoulder width. Generally grip width doesn't make much of a difference to me (I normally alternate between narrow and wide as part of my normal routine).

Crossfit style (swinging orangutan) or standard (like how baby boomers did it in junior high)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back