• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I fucked up....... This is what NOT to do... Not eat since the afternoon the day before, not drink enough water even though its been hot as fuck, and getting very little sleep for the last week. First time I tapped out and couldnt complete the work out. I was shaking, had a stitch in my side and just had zero energy. I know better and it was dumb.

400m run
20 Russian Kettle Bell swings - 35lbs
20 Wall balls

repeat x5....... I made it to 4 and told the coach I was done. I would have made it if i really pushed, I had time on the clock. But I was seeing stars, and my hands were shaking. So I didnt.

oh well. Tomorrow is a new day, gonna take better care of myself.

I have no flippin clue how you guys manage to climb. Seriously I'm in awe. I tried to do it like twice maybe at the gym in Santa Cruz years ago. I got like nothing. Might be fun to try it again since I'm way lighter than I have ever been but I still doubt I can do much of anything. Props.

I'm pretty heavy, and I climb 5.9-5.10 stuff okay. It's mostly technique, although grip strength helps a lot. Took a couple of intro classes when we started, and went from there. :)

:laughing

climbing.png

Might be fun to try it again since I'm way lighter than I have ever been but I still doubt I can do much of anything.
If you enjoy it and don't get hurt, maybe that's enough.

It's a really fun activity for those who like it. Heights aren't for most people though, and the same goes for climbing on rock.

If you do enjoy it, you'll improve techniques as you do it more, and/or take lessons, and it will get easier.

Last edited:
Now yall got me thinking about stuff... Maybe its time to ditch the gym I never go to and join Pacific edge for the winter months at least.

Sounds like someone joined Crossfit.......:teeth

So I fucked up....... This is what NOT to do... Not eat since the afternoon the day before, not drink enough water even though its been hot as fuck, and getting very little sleep for the last week. First time I tapped out and couldnt complete the work out. I was shaking, had a stitch in my side and just had zero energy. I know better and it was dumb.

400m run
20 Russian Kettle Bell swings - 35lbs
20 Wall balls

repeat x5....... I made it to 4 and told the coach I was done. I would have made it if i really pushed, I had time on the clock. But I was seeing stars, and my hands were shaking. So I didnt.

Come work a season with me :teeth

I have about 10 more homes to do before winter.

So I fucked up....... This is what NOT to do... Not eat since the afternoon the day before, not drink enough water even though its been hot as fuck, and getting very little sleep for the last week.

Hey, don’t sweat it. You showed up! Keep at it. I got in half a workout tonight cuz I was fuckin beat from work. But I showed up. That's half the battle.

Hey, don’t sweat it. You showed up! Keep at it. I got in half a workout tonight cuz I was fuckin beat from work. But I showed up. That's half the battle.

I know what you mean. I had lack luster squats, better shrugs, then decided to do high volume deadlifts then heavy bent rows since I had weight on the floor. The second half of my workout wasn't planned but more rewarding despite a shaky start.

I know what you mean. I had lack luster squats, better shrugs, then decided to do high volume deadlifts then heavy bent rows since I had weight on the floor. The second half of my workout wasn't planned but more rewarding despite a shaky start.

I bet you feel better after your workout than before.

I bet you feel better after your workout than before.

Always do. I need to better manage my meals before workouts though. I eat a few hours before, but generally eat too much.

Thanks! I am glad I did show up and at least try. Today Im feeling MUCH better. Had a small breakfast FINALLY slept all night and ready to conquer todays work out. Looks like mostly pull-ups. Im so freaking close! Close enough that if people were watching I'd get it done. :p

So I'm trying to get other ideas of places i can go to grab quick healthy meals. I'm usually exhausted after gym and will sometimes just run to Boston Market and grab 1/2 chicken and veggies and call it a night.

My other option is Hawaiian and get Kalua pork and veggies and 1 scoop rice.

What else ya got? I know I need to get back into meal prepping but help me out in the mean time

Always do. I need to better manage my meals before workouts though. I eat a few hours before, but generally eat too much.

Let’s go eat together...I eat way too little and not often enough.

Race Flat Track next year.

Currently...

1. Ride bicycle aprox 1hr 5x a week (ends up being around 20 miles).

2. Rowing Machine 15 min 5x a week.

3. Various free weights, curls, presses, etc, mainly upper body 7x a week (about a 1/2 hr of stuff).

4. Stretch as much as possible.

5. Ride Streetfightered DL650 (don't laugh, it works) for 1-2 hrs 5x a week (just for the seat time/endurance).

6. Eat a solid 5k of high quality calories every day.

I've been doing this for the last 2 months after being off both bicycles and motorcycles for about 6 years.

I'm probably in the best shape I've been in since I was a Bicycle Messenger.

Things are coming along quite swimmingly (which I plan to add when they finish the pool in Fortuna next spring).

So I'm trying to get other ideas of places i can go to grab quick healthy meals. I'm usually exhausted after gym and will sometimes just run to Boston Market and grab 1/2 chicken and veggies and call it a night.

What else ya got? I know I need to get back into meal prepping but help me out in the mean time

Whole Foods Deli has good stuff, but admittedly overpriced

WAAAAAAAAAY better work out today!

The coach went rouge and changed a bunch of stuff. But it was a lot of push-ups, pull-ups (i still have to do jumping) rowing and air bike.

Finished the work out with time to spare and before some of the other folks :D

I have been keeping a bunch of imitation crab to use for fill in meals. Low fat high quality food that is cheap and required none or very little preparation. I try to snack on that too instead of eating junk.
I also keep yogurt and cheese to eat. Not really low calories, but better eating options that chips or other junk food.

I just signed up for the Santa Cruz Rough water 1 mile swim race this Saturday. . .

Felt better today. Was able to do long 11.b I failed on on Monday. Although not cleanly. Followed by clean 11.b and 11.c I guess I just don't have endurance for longer climbs. Need to build that up before trying 11s on lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back