• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcohol....ugh.

That's kinda me too...given up on controlling sugar to some infantile level. Fuck it...I don't drink alcohol much ever and no drugs either since out of my 20's..and even then, I didn't drink much and and didn't do a whole lot of drugs.

IMO, alcohol is an absolute body killer. Nothing worse. It wrecks people, hands down.

Its all about how much and how often. Having a couple of beers once every other week or so isnt going to have much effect. There is actually evidence that in limited amounts it can actually be good for you.

Waking up and mixing rum with your coffee though, that is going to do some damage.

I smoke a ton of weed though and have actually been losing weight, but that mainly has to do with what I crave when Im high.

I am enjoying everyone’s posts even if I don’t quote.

Friday night at the gym is my favorite! I’ve added glutes to my routine because I don’t want a saggy ass like all the ole geezers in the locker room. Talk about what is seen cannot be unseen? Yuck

We are having my step daughter's birthday party at the roller rink today. Skating is a hell of a workout, especially if you're an out of shape noob like myself :laughing

We are having my step daughter's birthday party at the roller rink today. Skating is a hell of a workout, especially if you're an out of shape noob like myself :laughing

It would be a great exercise for me too if I could stand up long enough on the skates to actually roll somewhere. I can do a lot of things but am singularly uncoordinated when it comes to skateboarding and roller skating.

I am enjoying everyone’s posts even if I don’t quote.

Friday night at the gym is my favorite! I’ve added glutes to my routine because I don’t want a saggy ass like all the ole geezers in the locker room. Talk about what is seen cannot be unseen? Yuck

Slalom water skiing....excellent for legs! And one of the best sports around imo...

Why not.

Goal is to get back at peak fighting condition and jump into a smoker or tournament.

current weight: 215
Goal weight: 180

Slalom water skiing....excellent for legs! And one of the best sports around imo...

Slalom skiing is an absolute ass kicker. I was a big skier as a kid and could do it all day. As an adult, not so.much.
:laughing

Two days since introducing glutes to my routine. Expected soreness and lactic acid. Feeling nothing, which means gotta move up the weight & intensity. I really don’t want ole geezer cheeks :(

Been working to get my cardio and conditioning as good as I can for the 70.3 its a month away. Did a run, swim, run yesterday with uphill windsprints. Clueless on distance and time. I just did as much as I could. Was my first open water swim in capitola without a wetsuit. I kinda liked it. My legs are sore so today was just another open water swim without a wettie. If i had to guess it may have been 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile. Trying to up the swimm frequency to better my technique. The 1 mile Rough water race kicked my ass.

Keep pushing gang. This is by far my farvorite thread in a long time.

I'm jumping back into it as well.... and have motivation from several co-workers as a help. There are four of us, me being in the worst shape, getting together for mountain bike rides next month.

Two days ago was my first time working out in several years and in those years happiness has reared its ugly head resulting in me being at a disgusting 250. Getting older is getting more apparent and creating new challenges. I've got this and I will be back to where I was if not better in several months.

What is a smoker or tournament mean? MMA?

I do muay thai.

Smoker is when a few different gyms ( boxing, kickboxing, etc.) get together and hold sparring sessions. Its up to the individuals if they want to go all out or take it easy. Normally people go balls to the wall.

There's a kickboxing tournament that the gym I go to normally participates in, but this is like sub-amateur/novice level fights. The fights don't normally get intense but It also depends on the skill level of the fighters.

Last edited:
I do muay thai.

Smoker is when a few different gyms ( boxing, kickboxing, etc.) get together and hold sparring sessions. Its up to the individuals if they want to go all out or take it easy. Normally people go balls to the wall.

There's a kickboxing tournament that the gym I go to normally participates in, but this is like sub-amateur/novice level fights. The fights don't normally get intense but It also depends on the skill level of the fighters.

40 yr old me is terrified of all of that. 20 yr old me would be into it.

Crush it.

My 47-year-old ass would love to do a combat sport, probably boxing, but the closest gym would be at least an hour away and that is too much drive time for the commitment it would require. If I ever move and get closer to a gym I would like to try it out. I may not be as hardcore as the youngins but I think I could get something out of it.

My 47-year-old ass would love to do a combat sport, probably boxing, but the closest gym would be at least an hour away and that is too much drive time for the commitment it would require. If I ever move and get closer to a gym I would like to try it out. I may not be as hardcore as the youngins but I think I could get something out of it.

A concussion? :laughing

I'm sure I would get my clock cleaned. I would roll Jujitsu again and be happy to hit a bag or hand pads for a workout. I'm pretty sure my days of taking shots to the dome are over.

Workouts are starting to pay off - track day yesterday was MUCH easier to handle than the races a couple weeks prior. Still (obviously) a long ways to go, but was nice to have noticeable differences.

Time to go kick some ass at next weekend's races!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back