• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So note to self don't do deadlifts on leg day. I hurt in more places than I care to admit right now. Although I am feeling good overall, the soreness is real.

So one thing keeping me from exercising is the gym at work...I can't go during work when we're busy and the shuttles don't line up well to go before or after so I've decided to order a bench and weight set for home and eventually add a pullup bar frame...I had one that attaches to a door frame but eventually it started breaking the frame.

Well I got me a little kayak.

Who would have thought it makes me just as tired/sore as my rowing machine?

So one thing keeping me from exercising is the gym at work...I can't go during work when we're busy

You can get an ass kicking workout in 20 minutes or less (plus warm up, cleanup).

You don't have that much time free? No breaks during the day?

Even if you don't workout during the workday (I don't, I stopped using the company gym when they no longer had a rowing machine), it's good to have some activity then. For me it's walking the 4 flights of steps to my office 2 or 3 times a day, and either taking a walk, or shooting baskets. Gotta do more than hold a chair down all day...

You can get an ass kicking workout in 20 minutes or less (plus warm up, cleanup).

You don't have that much time free? No breaks during the day?

Even if you don't workout during the workday (I don't, I stopped using the company gym when they no longer had a rowing machine), it's good to have some activity then. For me it's walking the 4 flights of steps to my office 2 or 3 times a day, and either taking a walk, or shooting baskets. Gotta do more than hold a chair down all day...

I need to get up, grab my gym bag, go downstairs, change, go get that 20 minute workout, and then I start sweating like a maniac. If I do cardio I can sweat profusely even after I'm done. So I need to cool down, shower, comb my hair and go back to my desk in professional clothing. There's no way this could take less than 45 minutes.

And we don't get official breaks. I eat lunch at my desk.

work out was "ok" strict presses, push-ups, ring rows and jump rope.

strict press, i thought I could beat my 65lbs but my arm tweaked and didnt want to push it.

I did about 36-ish total push-ups
40-ish total ring rows
and 100 single unders 4 times.

I Put 2000 yards into the pool last night. It was my first pool swim in quite a while. I think I like open water better. The pool is boring. There is a little bit of fear in an open water swim that I think I find motivating.

The 70.3 is looming and I am probably in as good a shape as I am going to be for it. It's maintain, be rested and don't get hurt from here on out. I am floating around 165 lbs pretty consistently and I definitely have lost some muscle mass in shifting from strength training to cardio and endurance type of stuff. I'm looking forward to strength training again this winter post 70.3.

That first workout after a successful (to me) race weekend - ugh LOL.

Managed my full workout, but was really having to push through those last reps on pretty much everything. Even my little cardio-warmup felt far more difficult than it "should" have.

I tried a Simple workout to get heart rate going yesterday then did a somewhat typical backwork out after.

10 deadlifts then immediately 10 pushups, for 10 rounds, no rest. Try 50% of bodyweight on deadlifts for 10 and work up. Think I did 80% of my bodyweight and the 10th set of 10 was tough. Lower back felt great after.

Gonna try a different one today: 200m row, 20 burpees, 200m row 15 burpees, 200m row, 10 burpees, 200m row 5 burpees then I'll do a chest workout, maybe 3 exercises and triceps after.

Row, run, lift, repeat.

50 minutes minimum cardio per day. No days off. Lift weights every day- sets of eight until failure- incline bench, squat, lat pulldowns only; pick one each day. Eat whole grains, lots of kale and spinach, oranges and other fresh fruit, egg whites, chicken; no processed sugar.

Row, burpees, box jumps, russian KBS repeat x4

Also practiced handstands today. Couldnt tell you the last time I attempted to go vertical. Got it on my 3rd attempt and held it for a good long while (against the wall) :banana

Workplace mistake with a chisel tipped exacto knife. It should be healed up in time for the 70.3 but it fucks up swimming for a while. Wasn't I just saying the plan was to not get hurt.... fuuuuuuuuuuu

Last edited:
just cover the cut in superglue, apply a waterproof bandaid, and stick to the pool. you'll be fine* :D

*this is not medical advice and should not be taken as such.

just cover the cut in superglue, apply a waterproof bandaid, and stick to the pool. you'll be fine* :D

*this is not medical advice and should not be taken as such.

hmmmm

black-matte-plasti-dip-rubberized-coatings-11203-6-64_1000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back