• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna say use Flex-Seal.

So tired the last couple of days helped someone move their whole household from one place to another where the place moved too was upstairs. So worn out. Got in a good day yesterday though almost back up to original bench press weight.

Tonight is going to suck had mild can't sleep for shit last night and been up since about 7am. Going to try and hit it again tonight.

Down 6 lbs due to injury and time off (racing). Back up 2 lbs. Yea.

Hit a PR today for hang power cleans.

3 reps at 95lbs. :banana

:thumbup

You using lifting shoes and the 'hook grip'? Once a lifter gets used to the hook grip, there's typically a surge in the weight they can lift. It's initially painful I got used it to quickly. I've started wearing these thumb sleeves called https://jerkfit.com/product/nubs/ as I was tearing apart my thumb. I also bought a callous shaver. It's weird but by keeping the callouses down, there's nothing for the bar to snag and rip open.

image-asset.png

:thumbup

You using lifting shoes and the 'hook grip'? Once a lifter gets used to the hook grip, there's typically a surge in the weight they can lift. It's initially painful I got used it to quickly. I've started wearing these thumb sleeves called https://jerkfit.com/product/nubs/ as I was tearing apart my thumb. I also bought a callous shaver. It's weird but by keeping the callouses down, there's nothing for the bar to snag and rip open.

image-asset.png

Yea, ive been trying to force myself to do a hook grip. Not comfy but I practice..

And yes I have shoes as well. I bring them with me on any heavy weight lifting days. Like Friday is back squats :banana, hoping to have a new PR of anything over 100lbs.

I know how hard-earned those pounds are. Kudos man.

Thanks brother...and yeah, you totally do Beau. You look savage, BTW. I've gotta keep myself a little more svelte for racing, but want the extra muscle mass. It's club racing anyway, so what's a few more .lbs...

I am finally down to about where I was when I broke my leg back in 2016...finally successfully headed in that direction!

Way to go AJ! You're an animal with the commitment...miss you at the track here, Chica.

what part of your hand/fingers hurt from the hook grip? side of thumb?

There can be a tendency to smash thumb into the bar on the hook grip instead of using the side of the thumb against the bar and the middle and index wrapping all the way to grab the outside of the thumb.

https://www.catalystathletics.com/article/2167/The-Hook-Grip-Why-How-to-Do-It-Correctly/

you do not simply smash the thumb flat against the bar, you grab it with the fingers and try to pull it around the bar.

Without the hook grip, your hand simply cannot stay closed to support the weight. The force of the weight will make your hand open up.

what part of your hand/fingers hurt from the hook grip? side of thumb?

hmmm not sure exactly. Honestly should of been doing it yesterday with the barbell. I think its just the death grip i have and smashing my thumb up against the bar.

My fingers are pretty slim and my hands are tiny so its hard to grab around the bar and my thumb fully.

Feeling agitated this morning. Sure glad its back squat day. Feeling like I could move 200lbs. Not gonna try but I feel like it. :laughing

I didnt move 200lbs. Today was a high rep day not maxed out weight.

So I didnt PR but I did do building weight and ended with 100lbs at 12 reps.

Im getting better at overhead squats but fuck I really hate those. No weights, just bar.

Found a new workout on the Interwebz this weekend and am going to start it tonight.

It's a four-day split routine with some new exercises I haven't done before. I will have to modify some of them due to shoulder issues. Supposed to be an 8-week program so I will see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back