• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent a photo of Beau to my friend and he said that's what I should put on me ceiling in my bedroom.

Row, run, lift, repeat.

50 minutes minimum cardio per day. No days off. Lift weights every day- sets of eight until failure- incline bench, squat, lat pulldowns only; pick one each day. Eat whole grains, lots of kale and spinach, oranges and other fresh fruit, egg whites, chicken; no processed sugar.

I need to remember you've been at this for three years now.

Doing 50 minutes every *other* day right now.

that was fast!

Yesterdays work out was ok. Not the best day for me in general. Learned to do a power snatch. But im still fairly weak with the overhead stuff. so didnt break out in much of a sweat. :/

Today is pull-ups, rope climbs (which i cant do) so likely ring rows, air squats, wall balls, and lunges

Correction I got all but 1 stitch out. I get to go back Friday, grumble, grumble, grumble..

I sent his photo to a friend who says I should do that with my garage lol

Minus the fancy treadmill and I've probably got about $3k into it. Not bad all things considered.

I sent a photo of Beau to my friend and he said that's what I should put on me ceiling in my bedroom.

I have no clever reply for this. No really, I'm at a loss for words. Maybe I should post more pics...

My schwinn stationary bike took a shit on me. 3 or 4 pedals and it freezes up. I just put money down on a real lifecycle. Very stoked about having a real gym. Babe not included :(

Attachments

• 61y6Z4jaRDL._SX425_.jpg
    61y6Z4jaRDL._SX425_.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 38
Minus the fancy treadmill and I've probably got about $3k into it. Not bad all things considered.

I have no clever reply for this. No really, I'm at a loss for words. Maybe I should post more pics...

I suspect an rack, bench and 300-400lbs of free weights can be had off Craigslist for well under $1000 (closer to $500 or even cheaper if you are a good bargain hunter), for those looking to get into a home gym on a budget.

Or you can do it like I did. Find a good bench and some weights cheap and slowly build up the quality/quantity of your gear as time progresses. Not everyone needs expensive bumper plates or Olympic weights just starting out.

Kind of tough to see through the mancave clutter but this is my home gym. Bike, lat-pull, bench, free weights and bars. The amount of exercises I can do with the lat-pull machine is amazing. Back, bi's, tri's.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0523.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0523.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 45

And you're wondering "is he serious..."!

Serious M4M...you're in killer shape. I just can't do the "no sugar" thing because It's not like I'm gonna lose any fat when I have very little of it and thus motivation to do so at that point, despite knowing the affects. I then justify it with Not caring about alcohol, drugs, or any of that shit.

At some point I may get more serious, but for now, 168-170 on my frame works well enough. Despite wanting your shoulders, Brah!

Last edited:
And you're wondering "is he serious..."!

Serious M4M...you're in killer shape. I just can't do the "no sugar" thing because It's not like I'm gonna lose any fat when I have very little of it and thus motivation to do so at that point, despite knowing the affects. I then justify it with Not caring about alcohol, drugs, or any of that shit.

At some point I may get more serious, but for now, 168-170 on my frame works well enough. Despite wanting your shoulders, Brah!

How tall are you? I'm a pretty consistent 168-166 at 5'10"these days. For the first time in my life I actually feel a bit puny. I'm telling myself its ok because for the triathlon that I want to do its probably better to be as light as possible but, I really want to be about 175-178 and this lean. The plan is to shift the workouts after the tri event from endurance/cardio to weight training and strength. I think I have seen one pic of you on BARF and I remember you looking pretty built.

Is the
M4M Cross party orgy scheduled for election day?

My schwinn stationary bike took a shit on me. 3 or 4 pedals and it freezes up. I just put money down on a real lifecycle. Very stoked about having a real gym. Babe not included :(

Those things are harder mentally than physically. So boring riding a bike that doesn't move, I have one I know what its like.

Those things are harder mentally than physically. So boring riding a bike that doesn't move, I have one I know what its like.

I was same way until zwift. It was a game changer. Now my training is pretty much all inside.

Speaking of which. Honestly I would just get a smart trainer and a normal bike. I think it's more versatile and cheaper then a full on stationary bike.

I suspect an rack, bench and 300-400lbs of free weights can be had off Craigslist for well under $1000 (closer to $500 or even cheaper if you are a good bargain hunter), for those looking to get into a home gym on a budget.

Or you can do it like I did. Find a good bench and some weights cheap and slowly build up the quality/quantity of your gear as time progresses. Not everyone needs expensive bumper plates or Olympic weights just starting out.

I've been bargain hunting and clearing room in the basement. Winter is coming out here near Boston-I won't be able to row once the lake freezes.

I picked up a concept 2 rower which is a very nice rowing machine for $300. It should have sold for twice that, used, but the guy underpriced it for who knows why.

I've been bargain hunting and clearing room in the basement. Winter is coming out here near Boston-I won't be able to row once the lake freezes.

I picked up a concept 2 rower which is a very nice rowing machine for $300. It should have sold for twice that, used, but the guy underpriced it for who knows why.

Good find! Seems like the really good deals are harder than you'd think to find, but they are out there.

Basically, I found a good base set of weights and just buy pairs of 45s when I see them cheap/reasonably priced.

I was same way until zwift. It was a game changer. Now my training is pretty much all inside.

Speaking of which. Honestly I would just get a smart trainer and a normal bike. I think it's more versatile and cheaper then a full on stationary bike.

Never heard of the zwift but google search looks interesting.
I was told by a bicycle sales guy that the smart trainers are hard on bikes. The stress of being locked in place apparently takes a toll on the frame. Makes sense to me, it was never designed for that sort of twisting force. My bike is carbon and would be expensive to replace.
And smart trainers are noisy

Never heard of the zwift but google search looks interesting.
I was told by a bicycle sales guy that the smart trainers are hard on bikes. The stress of being locked in place apparently takes a toll on the frame. Makes sense to me, it was never designed for that sort of twisting force. My bike is carbon and would be expensive to replace.
And smart trainers are noisy

Maybe first gen. New ones are quite. The drive train is louder.

As for stress unless you are doing full on sprints regularly I wouldn't worry about it. Modern carbon frames are pretty damn solid. Haven't heard anything about people having issues with their bikes because of a trainer. Teammate has been doing on tariner work outs for years. Still on same carbon frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back