• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this interesting article:
Extreme Athleticism Is the New Midlife Crisis.
It raises some interesting questions.

Haha I think that article is right in the money. In your 20's you feel invincible and see the end being so far off to not even register. So do whatever or do nothing, doesn't matter.

I've felt similar about some smokers I know who I wished would quit but never did. I expected as they got older they might reflect on their bad habits and work to extend their quality of life during the second period but nope. Their life whatever I concluded.

I got a Run-Swim-Run in last night. According to google its a 1 mile run from my apartment to the beach, then the swim I outlined above and then the 1 mile run back. It felt good. No hand paddles this time so I was slower and got a bit chillier. I think I might need some rubber to do longer swims. Or I dunno, swim faster? lol.

I got a Run-Swim-Run in last night. According to google its a 1 mile run from my apartment to the beach, then the swim I outlined above and then the 1 mile run back. It felt good. No hand paddles this time so I was slower and got a bit chillier. I think I might need some rubber to do longer swims. Or I dunno, swim faster? lol.

Swim faster you lazy bastard.......:laughing

Skipped gym last night. It was about time to get ready and I had a weird pain in my chest like I pulled something so I decided to rest as it was chest day. Wednesday is my normal off day so I am going to try and make it tonight and do my normal chest workout.

About 2 more weeks of this and then I am going to start an eating modification plan. One week of no gym then I am going to go back and do mostly aerobic workouts to burn calories and some light lifting to maintain mass for a few weeks and see how the weight loss goes.

Actually I see myself doing the one in Hawaii at some point. Haha.

Actually I see myself doing the one in Hawaii at some point. Haha.

The big boy Iron man?? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk.

Truth

The desire to have a work out “kick your ass” is both idiotic and self defeating to a healthy life

Some times work outs have more to do with mental health then physical health. "Idiotic" is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe be happy you have never felt the need to have your "ass kicked."

today was supposed to be deadlift day. But I think box jumps and wall balls killed my quads and hamstrings.

I did the "ring" test. You had to do either strict ring dips, 5 sec negatives, or 15 sec hold. I could only do the 15 sec hold and 1 set of 5 sec negative dips. worst test so far. I gotta work on my triceps.

*AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 10mins*
8 55lb push press (again :/ )
12 55lb back step lunges - 6 per side

I did 4 rounds.

Some times work outs have more to do with mental health then physical health. "Idiotic" is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe be happy you have never felt the need to have your "ass kicked."

My job is kinda boring and going to the gym at night helps me tolerate it. I'm not looking to get bigger or smaller.
I've even resorted to running on the elliptical machine which in the past I would mock others for :shame

For weights its 3 sets for each exercise. If that's not the right number than Oh well, Mr Olympic comp will have to wait another year.

My job is kinda boring and going to the gym at night helps me tolerate it. I'm not looking to get bigger or smaller.
I've even resorted to running on the elliptical machine which in the past I would mock others for :shame

For weights its 3 sets for each exercise. If that's not the right number than Oh well, Mr Olympic comp will have to wait another year.

For the record, If you are happy, you’re doing it right.

Last edited:
Found this interesting article:
Extreme Athleticism Is the New Midlife Crisis.
It raises some interesting questions.

As an “older gent” I enjoyed reading the article. Thank you for posting. This resonated with me:

“... Getting older can trigger a kind of introspection, and often that introspection focuses on how much time has passed, how much is left, and what to do with it....”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back