• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even better...I figured not MC's. 4 wheels are cooler anyway.

The big boy Iron man?? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk.

It is one of my "To do's", but I'm too slow to qualify....it's the "World Championship".

Me and wife also add our names to the lottery, in hopes of getting a spot. Can also get in by having completed 12 Ironman's. Ugh....10 to go!! :(

If you have a nice story about overcoming some hardship in life, you can also be chosen that way, and your story and race day will documented. If anything will motivate you, the stories of these exceptional athletes will. :cry

Anyways, the older I get, my chances get better to qualify, but the older age groups, ie. 50-65, are still very competitive. I'm 55, so I still have a ways to go....:laughing

Will be doing 70.3's for the time being. My daughter insists I race with her. :thumbup

Some times work outs have more to do with mental health then physical health. "Idiotic" is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe be happy you have never felt the need to have your "ass kicked."

+1

Not extreme triathlon status, but when you're gearing up for a heavy squat or deadlift, you look at the bar and you need to focus on the weight and there isn't room in your head for anything else. There's some sort of Zen mediation in that.

Hey guys!

So............... I did deadlift testing today. I think I only ever maxed out at 145 in class since it was high reps.

You guys. I get to my PR and I slip right as I get to the top. I tell my coach I wanna try again but with a hook grip. He says "Kim you got this, let's add 5 more pounds" and I fucking got it!

250 mutha fucking pounds!!!! that's over a 100lb PR! :banana :banana :banana

Hey guys!

So............... I did deadlift testing today. I think I only ever maxed out at 145 in class since it was high reps.

You guys. I get to my PR and I slip right as I get to the top. I tell my coach I wanna try again but with a hook grip. He says "Kim you got this, let's add 5 more pounds" and I fucking got it!

Fuck yeah, bro!!!

You inspired me to go for 20 deadhang pullups tomorrow am!

Hey guys!

Smashed it.

And I sprained my wrist, ugh :facepalm. Looks like ill be running for the next 2-3 weeks while I let it heal. I hate running, but all the exercise I enjoy requires functioning wrists.

Hey guys!

Damn girl your crusing that shit. Keep it up..

And I sprained my wrist, ugh :facepalm. Looks like ill be running for the next 2-3 weeks while I let it heal. I hate running, but all the exercise I enjoy requires functioning wrists.

Sucks Stang. only 2-3 weeks though so hang in there.

So after visiting the doctor this morning it seems like my BP has risen to unacceptable levels. I am planning on cutting the mass gain program short and will switch to maintenance on the lifting schedule and shift to more aerobic exercise with a modified diet designed for maximum calorie burn. I want to increase my time/speed on runs so I have a more efficient system overall. Seeing as I am one heavy Mother F'er I am going to endeavor to get down to about 260 and then reevaluate my goals. I gained a lot of weight quick for some reason so am going to do some drastic reshaping and see what happens. Wish me luck as I will be feeling hunger pains for the next 3 weeks before my body adjusts.......:(

I did that back the summer. Got impatient and didn't give it enough time. After that it took maybe a month getting back to normal.

Friday night at the gym is my favorite. Only a few people. Mellow. Like I own the place.

Tonight: delts bis flabs and scaps & treadmill. Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy the weekend!

Dinner: beets peas carrots zucchini ~ protein shake at bedtime

PS - like a little bitch I weighed myself :twofinger

Last edited:
Fuck yeah, bro!!!

You inspired me to go for 20 deadhang pullups tomorrow am!

I hit 19. Fuck yeah, bro!

I was going to try 20 but didn’t want the hot chick see my face turn purple. Actually not sure if I had enough left in the tank. Haha! Enjoy the weekend! And thanks to all for inspiration. This thread is like a spotter in the weight room.

Last edited:
Awesome job Lizard!!! Looking forward to more tests this week.

Been DYING to do front squats. Hoping this week.

Impressive for sure...but Dan, isn't your normal color purple?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back