• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had hand surgery on my, ahem, “strong hand.”
I was single at the time :(
Six weeks of “strong hand” in a cast :-O
You KNOW where I’m going with this.
After 3-4 weeks I finally attained ambidexterity :)
Fuck yeah, bro!

... back at the gym tonight after 3 unintended days off. Feels good!

Props to everyone; lots of very interesting workout routines!

Im actually left handed. My left bicep is weaker than the right. Weird.

Hmmm, not too weird. Right handed in day to day tasks, left handed in sports tasks. Left arm is stronger. Go figure.

Friday nights at the gym are the best!

Shoulders and abs.

Happy Friday everyone!

20 minute row
50 minute weighted (30lbs.) run 1300 feet elevation
squats sets of 8 until failure (11 sets)

2 gluten free pumpkin pancakes
7 egg whites 1 whole egg
turkey wrap with butter lettuce
chicken club sandwich on a french roll (I sin)
1/2 gallon 1% milk

Beau, how many strokes per minute on the row machine? I’ve intro’d rowing to my warm up. Feels good!

Today:

Pull ups
Flabs
Leg extension
Leg press
Calf raises
Rows
Row machine
Treadmill

Ever have one of those days where the 35-lb plate feels like the 45-lb plate?

Beau, how many strokes per minute on the row machine? I’ve intro’d rowing to my warm up. Feels good!

21.5 strokes/min averaging 8.4 mph.

40 minute row
Refereed soccer game
20 minute weighted 25lbs. run

7 egg whites
12" pumpkin pancake
1/3 jar of almond butter
handful of dates
1/2 gallon of 1% milk

40-50 12.oz curls
4 slices of pizza
6 hot wings

its burly boy season

Haha....

McDonald's for lunch today.

Big Mac
Medium Fries
10 piece nuggets
Medium Sprite

But I did my morning leg workout so it’s okay. Added some weight and did enough reps.

However, Beau does inspire me to clean up my diet. Last year I was pretty damn strict for a period of time. I’m typing this so I will follow through.

Today:

Row machine (22 s/min per Beau; requires more effort than 30 s/min so thnx to Beau)
Delts (DB press, lateral raises, face pulls, rear flyes)
Treadmill
Flabs
Bodyweight squats
Bar dips

Check out Jeff Cavaliere’s vid on how to do face pulls:
https://youtu.be/eIq5CB9JfKE

8 am: Stoppani protein shake
10 am: 3 eggs, wheat toast, Trader Joe’s vegan patty (24g of protein)
2 pm: protein smoothie (spinach banana strawberry & almond milk)
Dinner: TBD (probably vegan)
Before bed: Stoppani protein shake

Last edited:
Today:

Row machine (22 s/min per Beau; requires more effort than 30 s/min so thnx to Beau)

Full lay-back stroke is a must.

Attachments

• row1.jpg
    row1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 98
  • row2.jpg
    row2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 101
Sixteen hours at work today, and almost ten miles recorded on my Garmin. Part of my motivation is to be able to outwork the twentysomething kids on big projects like this. :)

Depends on the goal-for me, it's simulating a scull. Back when I competed we'd do 30 strokes/min for a long distance race, and for sprints we'd drop out the back aspect of a stroke (for the first few hundred meters) and get up over 38, dropping down to 34/36 for a race pace.

And form mattered no end, because if you didn't do it right.....

tumblr_oqwoqifXTq1tr53lmo1_500.gif

The marathon training continues.

Got my run in today. 48 degrees and raining.

Go Dave Go!

I ran my hill this weekend. Parent duties prevented me from paddling with the outrigger folks on Sunday.

I did not make the first draw for the Escape from Alcatraz Triathalon. I have one more shot at it. I need a focal point to keep motivated. I'm hoping to be able to do that event.

REALLY did not want to get up this morning - but did (after hitting the snooze once, but before my "second" alarm). 33 minutes on the elliptical getting to max HR and in my working zone for quite awhile.

Then it was Back/Triceps today.

New gym is working out pretty well. By the time I'm done with my workout, the group class people have cleared out, leaving only a few of us in there at all - so I don't even feel guilty hogging one of the two showers while getting ready for work LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back