• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
vaggies?! heyo! :laughing

LOTS of shoulder work today. presses, box holds, push-ups, ring holds, ring dips, ect. Got my heart going and a little breathless but a fun workout none the less. First time I ever tried to hold myself up with rings I couldn't do it. Now I can hold myself up :banana small victories!

Last edited:
40 minutes rowing
55 minute weighted (30 lbs.) run 1300ft. elevation
shoulder press sets of 8 to failure (13 sets)

2x chicken breasts
10oz. greens
1/2 cup humus
1.5 cups grilled vaggies
1 cup unsweetened yogurt
1 bag beanchips
1 16oz. protein shake

You are a healthy eating machine!

40 minutes rowing

2x chicken breasts
10oz. greens
1/2 cup humus
1.5 cups grilled vaggies
1 cup unsweetened yogurt
1 bag beanchips
1 16oz. protein shake

Where you picking up your vaggies? Asking for a friend...

40 minutes rowing

2x chicken breasts
10oz. greens
1/2 cup humus
1.5 cups grilled vaggies
1 cup unsweetened yogurt
1 bag beanchips
1 16oz. protein shake

Love. Forever.

Last edited:
Chest and abs today, able to add some variety/more effective lifts with the full-gym access now, plus my little cardio warm up. Pretty sure I might feel this one tomorrow, although my post-workout 'routine' seems to be helping mitigate the DOMS pretty well.

20 minute weighted row (20 lbs.)
55 minute weighted run (30lbs.) 1300ft. elevation
lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure (14 sets)

20oz. protein shake
1/3 cup almond butter
big bowl green chicken curry with veggies and rice
1 pack organic chicken slices
head of butter lettuce
1/2 gallon 1% milk
a big pumpkin vegan chocolate maple frosting muffin because fuck you

20 minute weighted row (20 lbs.)
55 minute weighted run (30lbs.) 1300ft. elevation
lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure (14 sets)

20oz. protein shake
1/3 cup almond butter
big bowl green chicken curry with veggies and rice
1 pack organic chicken slices
head of butter lettuce
1/2 gallon 1% milk
a big pumpkin vegan chocolate maple frosting muffin because fuck you

Hey Beau, when you post your food, is that one meal or..? Do you calc macros or do you have a pretty good idea of what you’re eating?

Full lay-back stroke is a must.

I tried the “lay back” tonight. I like it. Takes more effort, which means more cals burned. Thanks for sharing Beau.

Tonight:

Row machine
Dead-hang pull ups (10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 2 - 1 minute rest between sets)
Chest*
Calf raises
Leg Extension
Leg press
Treadmill
Bicep tendon curl thing (not sure what to call it)

*per Cavalier’s vid https://youtu.be/89e518dl4I8

7:30 - eggs and a small potato
10 - Stoppani protein shake
11 - red banana from Ecuador and a pear
12 - half deviled egg sandwich; half turkey sandwich (only meat, 1 slice bread)
3 - grapes and pear
4 - Stoppani Protein shake
4:30 - Stoppani Pre Workout
6 - Stoppani post workout
7 - Wholepaycheck hot meal $7 - blk beans (P15 C40 F1), quinoa (P8 C40 F4), brown rice, beets, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes - see pic below
8:30 - Nonfat greek yogurt (P15!!!) w 1 TSP cacao
11 pm - grapes and Stoppani protein shake

lliGMKF.jpg

Last edited:
"New" leg day routine today now that I've got the gym - adding some variety to what I was doing and I'm definitely feeling things a bit this week, which is awesome. Did my longer cardio session and then first time through the new "wed" routine.

was able to hit legs today without getting any hamstring pain / worries for the first time in months this morning. feels good! if anyone has any hamstring/leg stretches or warmups for leg day please share.

Had what will probably be my last "after work" Surf session last night. Once we roll the clocks back, it's weekends or nothing. The gym in the evenings will soon be the weekday norm :(

When I moved, I changed my whole approach to food which in the past I cooked to spend as little time actually doing the work in the kitchen as possible while still making an effort to turn out decent food.

Since moving, I'm spending more time cooking, using all raw ingredients and taking my time. I found that I have a talent for turning out really good food which has been to my detriment in that it's so good I want to eat more. :laughing

Now I'm making adjustments, like using high quality brown rice instead of white rice with stir fry, salmon and other foods I'd have rice with. I'm switching from French bread to multi-grain bread, it's getting time to fire up the bread maker with many more grains.

Next will be to really start working the Breville juicer with vegetables and various fruits.

My family is eating healthier than we were before, but also eating more which is good for my son who has always been a very picky eater despite being a top athlete.

My workouts are progressing well, 5 days a week plus 1-1/2 hours of yard/house work each day on the days off. You wouldn't know that I have moderate arthritis in my left shoulder, I'm working through the pain in it and keeping it at bay.

Hit the gym last night for chest/tri night.

treadmill for 45 minutes at 7 on the incline and 3.5 speed. Got a little bit of a sweat going and got into the endurance training heart rate range.

Hit the bench and am not seeing any improvement in amount of weight/reps. Actually felt a little weak. I am really hoping it is due to not having the excess calories to burn for lifting as I am on a sub 2K calorie a day diet trying to burn off some insulation from the midsection.

treadmill for 45 minutes at 7 on the incline and 3.5 speed. Got a little bit of a sweat going and got into the endurance training heart rate range.

Hit the bench and am not seeing any improvement in amount of weight/reps. Actually felt a little weak. I am really hoping it is due to not having the excess calories to burn for lifting as I am on a sub 2K calorie a day diet trying to burn off some insulation from the midsection.

a deficit in calories will absolutely do that to you

a deficit in calories will absolutely do that to you
Wouldn't he get the results he wants if he reverses his workout?

Do the lifting first, burning up the available energy from carbs, then do the cardio last to access the anaerobic energy which gets it's energy from fatty acids?

I'm a track coach, so I'm well educated on energy systems of the cells.

Last edited:

So a few questions - 1) what have you been doing post-workout? and 2) are you doing a fasted workout? and 3) are you tracking macros, and where are you at?

I know my workouts were falling on their face for the longest time as soon as I'd try to cut calories enough to lose 1/2-1 pound/week (that was with 20+ still to go, too). With how I am working out (first thing in the morning) and what I'm doing (cardio followed by lifting) there were some big gaps I needed to fill to keep doing both.

I've since fixed the problems, and workouts are better than ever, AND I'm losing fat, but costs me a little $$ in some supplements and a little more effort in meal planning to keep me going....:laughing

Wouldn't he get the results he wants if he reverses his workout?

Do the lifting first, burning up the available energy from carbs, then do the cardio last to access the anaerobic energy which gets it's energy from fatty acids?

I think it'll help slightly, but I think being in the deficit is just gonna put you in position with minimal energy. I was on a 6-7month cut where i lost ~20lbs and got <11% BF and the drop in energy during my workouts was substantial. The day I started clean bulking again, it almost came back instantly. I think on a cut just being able to maintain your lifts is standard, aiming to really increase them I think will be VERY difficult on a cut (unless you're on newb gains or a teenager). That's just my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back