• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit Freedom Beach (Phuket) today. Ran 30 min on the beach, see below for my pre-workout :). Then later I hit the local gym: chest, lats and squats while carrying a local
girl (wish I had a pic damnit).

XL57Haa.jpg

Last edited:
Well Shit....

Guess I have something to train for....

Attachments

• alcatraz tri update.JPG
    alcatraz tri update.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 89
Today was back day. Was running a little late (despite a good night's sleep still hit the snooze until my "backup alarm" which is really unusual for me), but got the full workout in anyways.

Managed to recuperate over the weekend pretty well, so felt good heading in to the gym this morning. Lifts are going great, almost back up to my previous max weights, and losing the extra padding too.

This month the goal is to get into the 130's consistently, so my "high" days are below 140. I have one week where I'm pet sitting for a friend, so will be doing a lot of extra driving, so going to pull out some of my shorter HIIT workouts for that week since I won't have time for a full workout.

Bravo Mike!

Just got back from five days in Austin where I pretty much ate whatever the heck I wanted, including a pecan pie, peach cobbler, and a half cow worth of fatty brisket. Besides walking all over COTA I did not exercise. I feel like a bloated slut, a very satisfied one though.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow to atone for my sins.

Last edited:
Bravo Mike!

Just got back from five days in Austin where I pretty much ate whatever the heck I wanted, including a pecan pie, peach cobbler, and a half cow worth of fatty brisket. Besides walking all over COTA I did not exercise. I feel like a bloated slut, a very satisfied one though.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow to atone for my sins.

Bravo Beau...exactly what you should be doing from time to time. Well done, brah!

Longer cardio - definitely seeing some big improvements in that area, probably time to come up with the next "mix it up" for that (add in some HII here and there or something).

Chest day, actually went to failure on my bench press- last rep of the last set, but couldn't get it done (2 more reps per set this morning than I've done at that weight), so my lifts after that weren't quite as good as last week, but actually kinda happy to finally get to full failure on something.

I have a feeling I will be feeling my poor little abs the next couple days though, the new moves for those are definitely a bit more work than I was managing at the complex fitness center.

Lead climbed yesterday in a gym. First time in like 4 month or so. lol. My regular partner doesn't lead, so we just top rope.
Almost on sighted overhung 11a, but gave up on final move. :/ It was soft, but hey label said 11a. :laughing

20 minute row
50 minute run 1300ft. elevation
lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure (15 sets)

20oz. protein shake
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 cup brown rice spinach tortellini
10oz. mixed greens

Feeling the blunt tendrils of depression so eating is a chore.

Bravo Beau...exactly what you should be doing from time to time. Well done, brah!

Thanks Berto. Sawyer and I jumped out of the stands and scaled the fence right after the race, epic father and son experience.

Attachments

• COTAnov2019.jpg
    COTAnov2019.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
So pumped for you Mike!!!!

Awesome Mike!!!

Sawyer and I jumped out of the stands and scaled the fence right after the race, epic father and son experience.

Thanks guys. Great pic Beau. Funny, 1/2 the reason I want to do the Alcatraz tri is because my boy is super pumped on it. I think he wants bragging rights that his dad can break out of prison. :laughing

I Paddled my guts out on Sunday with the outrigger folks. Also got a swim and a bike ride in. Monday a hill run at the barn while my daughter rode horses. Today I think its going to be the weight room and sauna. June 7th is the triathlon. Still trying to figure out what I should do to train best for it.

Dave, hands down qualifying for the Boston Marathon will be the biggest achievement in the tread so far. (I'm talking for the 40 something, new to athletics, dads here.) Keep at it!

Awesome Mike!!

Thrusters today. Part one was build to a heavy but do-able.

I maxed out at 90lbs for 3 reps.

workout part 2

30 thrusters for time. Anytime you break, you do 50 single unders. I did following with 65lbs

10 thrusters
50 single unders
10 thrusters
50 single unders
5 thrusters
50 single unders
5 thrusters

in 5:40

Way worth it Beau! Mike, you better make us proud AF!

Guess I have something to train for....

The training is continuing here.

It's cold enough to start hurting my lungs.

Longer cardio - definitely seeing some big improvements in that area, probably time to come up with the next "mix it up" for that (add in some HII here and there or something).

Chest day, actually went to failure on my bench press- last rep of the last set, but couldn't get it done (2 more reps per set this morning than I've done at that weight), so my lifts after that weren't quite as good as last week, but actually kinda happy to finally get to full failure on something.

Thrusters today. Part one was build to a heavy but do-able.

I maxed out at 90lbs for 3 reps.

workout part 2

30 thrusters for time. Anytime you break, you do 50 single unders. I did following with 65lbs

10 thrusters
50 single unders
10 thrusters
50 single unders
5 thrusters
50 single unders
5 thrusters

in 5:40

Man, you guys are awesome and inspirational! I took yesterday off; ate clean except for a fruit tart.

I'd bet she had nice feet. :laughing

;) - - V

Hit Paradise Beach (Phuket) again today.

Pre-workout: mango/coconut shake :teeth

1OMOXFl.jpg

1) 32-minute beach run with 500 steps (every little bit counts)
2) 5 sets of 20 push-ups every 6 minutes
3) 1 set of toe-pinching to failure:

wffQqzO.jpg

Last edited:
Monday was the twin's birthday so spent the day getting gifts and cakes to start the festivities. They had a fun day and there was no gym for me.

Started new routine yesterday. I am transitioning from a bulk up routine and moved to keeping strength up while I am losing weight mode.

So here is what I did:

4 set 10 reps/or failure flat bench
4 sets 10reps/or failure incline bench
4 set 10 reps/or failure cable crossovers
4 set 10 reps/or failure butterfly machine
4 set 10 reps/or failure rope triceps pulldowns
4 set 10 reps/or failure rope behind the head tricep extensions

30 minutes on the treadmill with interval pacing to get warmed up.

Tonight is my normal night off as I have to cook dinner but seeing as dinner is quick tonight I may try to sneak in a back day and go 4 days straight instead of 2 on 1 off 2 on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back