• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 yrs ago aggravated right shldr when I didn’t warm up properly on mil barbell press. Doc nor PT never really told me what i injured. PT helped a little. What has worked for me is ice but the best has been using a massage ball and really working the bicep tendon and other hot spots. Depending on what’s wrong with your shldr, give ice and a massage ball a try. Use a wall to work the ball into your shldr. Good luck!

Looks like your trip is pretty interesting - and delicious!

My shoulder probably has a torn something or other (I would guess rotator cuff) - first there was the posterior dislocation, that the ER missed, and wasn't found until 3.5 days later when I finally got in to see an ortho, and THEN, early last year (2018) I basically body slammed onto that shoulder while crashing at Laguna - my air suit kept anything from breaking or going out of place, but it's been - cranky, ever since. I have to be very careful with my shoulder lifts to not set myself back months.

Adding more PT exercises back in, and more stretches to help it stabilize, but some day I'm sure it'll end up warranting another doctor visit....

My shoulder probably has a torn something or other (I would guess rotator cuff) - first there was the posterior dislocation, that the ER missed, and wasn't found until 3.5 days later when I finally got in to see an ortho, and THEN, early last year (2018) I basically body slammed onto that shoulder while crashing at Laguna - my air suit kept anything from breaking or going out of place, but it's been - cranky, ever since. I have to be very careful with my shoulder lifts to not set myself back months.

Adding more PT exercises back in, and more stretches to help it stabilize, but some day I'm sure it'll end up warranting another doctor visit....

I'm in the same boat as you. Not as extreme of injuries but I've had an aggravated and inflame rotator cuff on both shoulders for the last month or more (per sports medicine Dr). I get REALLY wary on any pressing movements or anything involving shoulder movement... I know a full blown tear or injury will set me back months

it fucking sucks

I'm in the same boat as you. Not as extreme of injuries but I've had an aggravated and inflame rotator cuff on both shoulders for the last month or more (per sports medicine Dr). I get REALLY wary on any pressing movements or anything involving shoulder movement... I know a full blown tear or injury will set me back months

it fucking sucks

I've been pretty careful this time around (building up very slowly, and really listening to it), so it's held up, but still something I need to keep in mind.

On an unrelated to injury note, I'm curious if any of you have heard of 1st Phorm and their products (pretty much a supplement company). I've been using them for years, the best I've found, but they aren't sold in stores, so not sure if people have really heard of them. I've managed to align my racing with them since I'm a firm believer in their products and company, so if you're interested in trying them, I could probably help point you in the right direction and can at least get you free shipping (they don't discount to anyone).

Wow! That is generous and looks like a nice setup.

Surprised it's still available.

If I was still in the bay area it would be mine but was shocked it was still available so figured maybe someone in here would benefit from it.

Get it checked out I tore my labrum in an accident and waited years to fix it and now that I did it I am doing way better.

Also you may want to add some rotator cuff exercises to help strengthen that area as well.

good Friday workout.

40 bent over rows - 55lbs
80 CALs on the row machine
120 wall balls.

You could break this up however you wanted. There was just a 20min cap. I think I went hot outta the gate with 40CAL row, then I dont remember much after that :laughing thanksfully my partner kept track I did however finish in 19:50, leaving WAAAAAAY too many wall balls (like more than half) at the end. nearly fucking died :laughing

Has anybody else used one of these?

MKrank-2.jpg

You can tilt the angle quite a bit, and the positions of the hands can vary from both together to whatever angle you want. You can also crank it top forwards or bottom forward. I did it standing to strengthen my core and did it in 40 second bursts with feet varying to strengthen my core with the resistance high enough to take me to hard burn by the 40 second stage, then 60 second break.

My old gym had it and I got a lot out of it. My new gym has hand crank machines but they aren't nearly as flexible or useful for me.

I'm going to see if one comes up for an acceptable price (used) to have it in my home.

Fat juiced guy at the gym is trying to get his gf into lifting. She’s never done it before yet the dude puts 45 on each side of the bar and yells/encourages her to bench press it. He’s spotting and holding most of the weight I assume. She manages one which is not near enough to satisfy him. Looks like he makes her hold most of it as she lowers it.
Then he puts a 45 on each side of a curl bar to make her do preacher curls. He holding most of the weight also.
That was a couple of days ago. Now today she’s complaining about pain in her shoulder.
Proves anyone can take the juice and get big while still being an idiot when it comes to exercise.

Craziness. best way to get them to hurt themselves and stop altogether.

Did 40 minutes on the treadmill 3.4MPH pace at 8 incline
3 sets of 5 deadlifts
3 sets of one-arm dumbbell rows
3 sets of lat pulldowns
3 sets of preacher curls
3 sets hammer curls
3 sets of seated rows
3 sets of goblet squats
3 sets of calf raises

Feeling a good tired right now.

The weekend workout will be as follows:
Take the truck to dump and throw everything out by hand
cut/install baseboards
figure out what is going on with golf cart and why it won't engage the motor

40 minute row
shoulder press sets of 8 to failure (14 sets)
60 minute run 700ft. elevation

20oz. protein shake
14oz. mixed greens
peanut butter and berry sandwich on whole grain
10oz. protein shake
chicken, rice, bean burrito on whole wheat tortilla
2 chocolate chip cookies (thanks Mr. Pickle)
12oz. pack of sliced chicken

Made it back to the climbing gym today for the first time since Aug prob. That first climb def broke up some scar tissue left in my wrist/forearm from the sprain in Sept. But that was it, the pain was gone for the 2nd climb. I’m weak though, ugh. Maybe I’ll find the motivation to go regularly again.

You sure it wasn't 2 oranges and a lime?

100% orange, I only use lime on salmon.

Impressive how strong some people are. Went to the gym last night. Normal looking dude shows up and straight to the squat rack. Warms up with 2 plates on each side. Does a set of 5 or 6 reps and adds another plate to each side. Another set of 5 or 6 and adds another to each side and another set. Then another, he's up to 495 and does 4 reps.
By this time I was done with my routine and hit the road. Almost wanted to stick around and see if he'd add another plate.

Impressive how strong some people are. Went to the gym last night. Normal looking dude shows up and straight to the squat rack. Warms up with 2 plates on each side. Does a set of 5 or 6 reps and adds another plate to each side. Another set of 5 or 6 and adds another to each side and another set. Then another, he's up to 495 and does 4 reps.
By this time I was done with my routine and hit the road. Almost wanted to stick around and see if he'd add another plate.

Wow! Yeah some people are naturally strong. And some just don’t get injured. I am the opposite. Ugh

Made it back to the climbing gym today for the first time since Aug prob. That first climb def broke up some scar tissue left in my wrist/forearm from the sprain in Sept. But that was it, the pain was gone for the 2nd climb. I’m weak though, ugh. Maybe I’ll find the motivation to go regularly again.
It will come back quicker than you think.

If you trained as hard as I did, you'll actually be stronger because all of the accumulated micro fractures and micro tears in your fingers and hands will be healed and ready to get up to full strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back