• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to sleep: I found that a 1/5th dose of nyquil will help slow down my thoughts enough to sleep when I make the mistake of letting my brain rev up on some issue at night. Doesn't take much. I need it only every couple months, but is a good solution for when I forget and free my mind.

a CBD pill does the same thing for me.

Back home from Phuket getaway. Hit my gym:

20 min rowing (20s/min)
Pull ups
DB laterals and presses
Facepulls
Leg ext
Leg press
Leg curl

Wholefood (grilled tofu, cherry tomatoes, quinoa, red bell pepper and squash)

Y2l7QvG.jpg

Hell yes Bud!

Part of my workout tonight involved telling the dipshit next to me on the crossovers to stop dropping the weights on his last rep. I can't stand that shit when you're working from one of the stations next to them. He said he didn't want to injure himself so I (not so kindly) suggested he drop the weight down. His response "I can handle the weight. want to try that weight yourself"? It was less than my working weight so I suggested he work on his form so as to not injure himself, pulled my weight up to about half way from my station, looked at him and let it go where is smashed down. Not losing eye contact and said "see. perfect form"...then walked off.

I.fucking.hate weight droppers. HATE.

Douchebags at the place I go do that all the time. Its not to prevent injury, its part of being a douchebag.

Hell yes Bud!

Part of my workout tonight involved telling the dipshit next to me on the crossovers to stop dropping the weights on his last rep. I can't stand that shit when you're working from one of the stations next to them. He said he didn't want to injure himself so I (not so kindly) suggested he drop the weight down. His response "I can handle the weight. want to try that weight yourself"? It was less than my working weight so I suggested he work on his form so as to not injure himself, pulled my weight up to about half way from my station, looked at him and let it go where is smashed down. Not losing eye contact and said "see. perfect form"...then walked off.

You're supposed to be impressed. :laughing

I used to dislike weight droppers the most at the gym, but now it's the smartphone asses who spend far more time with their smartphones than lifting with their headphones blasting so you can't even talk to them.

"Want to try that weight yourself..." Who the hell says that anyway? Pro-tip: he was in converse high tops...

40 minute row
60 minute weighted run (25lbs.) 1300ft. elevation
lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure (13 sets)

20oz protein shake
1/2 cup wild blueberries
12oz mixed greens
4 whole eggs 3 egg whites 1 avocado whole wheat tortilla burrito
10oz protein shake
1 head broccoli

"Want to try that weight yourself..." Who the hell says that anyway? Pro-tip: he was in converse high tops...
When I encounter people like this, I sometimes will ask to work in, put the weight at 50% (or more) above what they were lifting, fire off a set of 18 reps then casually move on to another machine. Decades of strength training has made me a lot stronger than most people would guess, it's absolutely comical to see how they wilt after that. :laughing

They are usually fairly new to lifting and trying too hard to impress others, not realizing that they are an obvious newbie to most other people n the gym.

Some will learn and mature, others will move onto something else to impress others, like buying a hot motorcycle and never actually getting proficient at that either. :laughing

I drop weights at my gym like a boss. If you don't leave a divot in the concrete after doing deadlifts brah you are doing it wrong. Phfffaah I even bring kettlebells on the treadmill so I can show off my weight drops everwhere.

#DontHateWeightDropsBRAH

:teeth

soft tissue damage / ligament sprain in one of the ligaments between my inside ankle bone and the arch of my foot 2 weeks ago.

I can walk fine but I can't run or really do much else for the next 2 weeks.

soft tissue damage / ligament sprain in one of the ligaments between my inside ankle bone and the arch of my foot 2 weeks ago.

I can walk fine but I can't run or really do much else for the next 2 weeks.
Epsom Salt soak, as hot as you can stand it. The heat opens up the pores.

It gets the magnesium in the epsom salts to the tissues that need it. Magnesium promotes soft tissue repair, and you can't get it there by ingesting it.

Some will learn and mature, others will move onto something else to impress others, like buying a hot motorcycle and never actually getting proficient at that either. :laughing

You're ginger strong!

I failed you on my cool motorcycle :(

I drop weights at my gym like a boss. If you don't leave a divot in the concrete after doing deadlifts brah you are doing it wrong. Phfffaah I even bring kettlebells on the treadmill so I can show off my weight drops everwhere.

#DontHateWeightDropsBRAH

:teeth

Epic. Dropping them on the front of a running treadmill.

Been working out but my diet has been crap which has been making me feel like shit. Had a big salad with chicken breast. Feel much better.

Nice. Nothing makes me feel better than greens with fish/chicken. It's also the standard for every top level motocross racer.

Eh, to be honest I've been pretty darn lucky as far as little nagging injuries like this that keep you sidelined for 4-6 weeks. You'd think being fat and out of shape like me, playing a reasonably competitive soccer game 3 or 4 times a week would result in more sprained ankles, pulled hamstrings, etc. It just tends to not happen to me and I admittedly do the bare minimum to keep myself in shape to play, don't stretch or warm up at all.

Gonna take the down time to refocus on diet, strength, and flexibility. Also gonna start working more with my teenagers (yes, fucking BOTH of them now. I'm old) on lifting and changing eating habits now while they will be able to make serious improvements in very little time.

Good on you Mike, I think of you often as I've got two soccer players now- a 10 year-old keeper and a 7 year old wing (he will play club this spring). I love being a soccer dad, so much I ref now.

40 minute row
50 minute weighted (25lbs) run 1300ft elevation
shoulder press sets of 8 to failure (15 sets)

20oz protein shake
12oz mixed greens
1/2 cup wild blueberries
1/2 chicken
1 avocado
1/2 box Barbara's oat squares
1/2 gallon 1% milk

Wait hold up. When the fuck did yours turn 10 and 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back