• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

Time to get Fit thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month ago, I was busting up some big planter boxes with a 16# sledge. Worked it for about 45 minutes, no big deal. Couple days later my elbow starts hurting. And for the last four or five weeks, my grip is shit, I get shooting pains up my forearm when I try to lift anything off center (like a damn coffee mug) and there's an ache radiating up to my shoulder.

Thinking it's a pinched/bruised nerve. It's not really getting better, and it's fucking annoying. :mad

Back workout today:

Sets x Reps, strict 2 min rest in between each set.

3x8 iso lat pulldowns (wide grip)
3x8 iso seated rows (wide)
3x8 iso pulldowns (narrow)
3x8 seated cable rows (narrow)
3x8 deltoid flys
3x10 back extensions
3x8 standing bar curls
3x8 slow preacher curls
3x8 hammer curls

Felt good but also weak as fuck. I've let myself slide waaaay down. Maybe 50% of my old weight prior to water polo and then a couple years off from the gym. Gonna sign with a trainer, tweak things a bit, and see what my body can really do here...

About a month ago, I was busting up some big planter boxes with a 16# sledge. Worked it for about 45 minutes, no big deal. Couple days later my elbow starts hurting. And for the last four or five weeks, my grip is shit, I get shooting pains up my forearm when I try to lift anything off center (like a damn coffee mug) and there's an ache radiating up to my shoulder.

Thinking it's a pinched/bruised nerve. It's not really getting better, and it's fucking annoying. :mad

Few years ago I was doing reverse curls with what was likely too much weight for me and developed tennis elbow, by to my own google self diagnosis. That took a long time to fully recover from, like months.

Strict press is hard. I so badly want to use my legs. Maxed out on 75lbs. Then we did Russian twists and what they call dead bugs. That was Wednesday. My shoulders chest and abs are super sore.

Today was push press which I got up to 90lbs. Deadlifts, I went easy at 165. Wasn’t trying to hit anywhere near my PR. Lol and weighed steps up x24.

Few years ago I was doing reverse curls with what was likely too much weight for me and developed tennis elbow, by to my own google self diagnosis. That took a long time to fully recover from, like months.

I'll look that up, thanks. Did about a 3,500 foot climb tonight, steep, loose rocky icy trail And using my trucking poles didn't bother me at all, so at least that's a positive.

Just got back from a 4-day vacay to Guadalajara* I behaved and didn’t over eat or drink. Walked quite a bit. My last workout was a week ago so feeling a bit fat, old, disgusting and slow. Dragged myself to the gym today and did a light workout:

Work out:
10 min on row machine to warm up
2 sets of 10-15 of the following:
- Bench press
- DB side lats
- DB curls
- Face-pulls
- BB mil press
- Bodyweight squats
- Leg press
- Leg extension
- Calf raise
- Tri pressdown machine

Nutrition:
Post workout: green smoothie (spinach, banana, strawberries, almond milk, vegan pro)
Dinner: 3 poached eggs, one potato, 1 slice of wheat toast and a Coke.

Off Topic:
*I love Guadalajara. My 3rd trip this year. Cheap, gritty, tourist-free, delish food you won’t find here, cool cafés, delish coffee, history, nice people, recommend you find a local to take you around and show you the underbelly. And 3.5-hr nonstop for $297! Depart OAK at 11 pm and arrive at 5:30 am - efficient use of travel time! Three and a half hours later and you're in a different world: language, culture, food, people...

My favorite billboard on Earth, see below. It’s located outside the Guadalajara airport. I always look forward to seeing it. It reads: Live! Don’t only exist.

5UYCJM9.jpg

Last edited:
20 minute row
Lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure (15 sets @ my new personal best 237.5lbs)
20 minute row

10" whole wheat pancake
8 egg whites and 1 whole egg
1/2 a chicken
14oz sliced ham
6oz Tillamook sharp cheddar
1/2 box rice chex
1 quart 1% milk

Last edited:
I'll look that up, thanks. Did about a 3,500 foot climb tonight, steep, loose rocky icy trail And using my trucking poles didn't bother me at all, so at least that's a positive.

Badassary. :thumbup

Rode a bicycle. It was fun.

20 minute row
50 minute weighted (30lbs) run 1300ft elevation
Shoulder press sets of 8 to failure (15 sets)

10" whole wheat pancake
4 egg whites
3 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon unsweetened berry jelly
1 turkey breast
3 slices ham
1 whole wheat English muffin
6oz rice chex
1/4 cup heavy cream
10oz protein shake

The picture is of the rolling bench in my gym covered in layers of tape with hash marks representing sets over the last four years.

Attachments

• Hashmarks.jpg
    Hashmarks.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
20 minute row
60 minute run/hike 1300ft elevation (25 minute peak cardio)
20 minute row

20oz protein shake
7oz processed turkey slices
Spinach tortilla
10oz mixed greens
1 bunch of green grapes
1 bag bean chips
1/2 box rice chex
1 quart whole milk
1/2 rotisserie chicken

20 minute row
50 minute run 970ft elevation (actual)
Lat pulldowns sets of 8 to failure (15 sets)

20oz protein shake
6" whole wheat pancake
2 egg whites
4 egg breakfast burrito on tomato tortilla
8oz mixed greens
10oz protein shake
8oz ahi tuna steak on whole wheat

On Mondays and Fridays I take my daughter out the Barn she rides at. Traffic being what its is, it makes sense for us to hang out there for the 2 hours she is there.

To make the best of it I started running. I just mapped out my regular route. 3.5 miles. I wish I knew what the elevation change was because most of this isn't flat.

Attachments

• Barn Run.JPG
    Barn Run.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
On Mondays and Fridays I take my daughter out the Barn she rides at. Traffic being what its is, it makes sense for us to hang out there for the 2 hours she is there.

To make the best of it I started running. I just mapped out my regular route. 3.5 miles. I wish I knew what the elevation change was because most of this isn't flat.

Looks like about 550-ish feet. :)

Attachments

• strava route for Mike.jpg
    strava route for Mike.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 64
got back to some kind of schedule with new job. things settled.

walked around the lakes at park. :thumbup

Fuck it feels like more than that! :laughing Thank you! My goal is to do that twice for A total of 7 miles during the kiddos lesson.

In my experience anything over ~15% grade feels like going straight uphill, and 500ft is nothing to scoff at.

I hate running so I find something that's super steep and own it for an hour- I think my daily run/hike is about 3.5 miles round trip miles but that shit is 1300ft in 1.3 miles on the way up. It's brutal.

I stand corrected, turns out it's a little more:
From a less heralded summit in the Santa Lucia Foothills northeast of San Luis Obispo the hike from Reservoir Canyon to this 1,715-foot crown is not for the meek. The 5.35-mile round trip hike ascends 1,350 feet, and over 800 of those feet come in the final grueling mile.

20 minute row
60 minute run/hike 1300ft elevation
Shoulder press sets of 8 to failure (14 sets)

20oz protein shake
7oz mixed greens
1/2 Dave's Killer bagel with cream cheese
1/2 pound fresh turkey breast
1 head of cauliflower
1/2 head broccoli

Last edited:
^ If I wanna go straight up I hit the stairs on Cliff ave down to Capitola Village. Those hurt.

+1 oh hating to Run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back