TV Shows I am enjoying

Give it another try, brother. It's worth sticking it out; there are some great moments in S1 and S2 is pretty damn epic.

Will do as I did love the books that I read in HS and then again during the pandemic as more books were added in the intervening year I had not read.

Will do as I did love the books that I read in HS and then again during the pandemic as more books were added in the intervening year I had not read.

No doubt- it feels kind of slow at first because there's a lot of stage that needs set for such a grand story to be told.

What!?!? He DIES!?

SPOILER ALERT! DUH! Geez! I was going to watch this, guess there's no point now!

/s

;)

Ha yeh, don’t bother. You should have seen what happened to the other guy.

But srsly, the US comes out of this looking pretty bad and the warning lights regarding the return of a certain orange figure flash constantly. All I can say without getting the warning. Daniel Ellsberg really becomes prominent in this retrospective. I mean prominent, prescient, what-have-you. I still obviously have episodes to go, I might even start a thread over “there.”

Last edited:
Just watch Primes "Road House".

It was good!

I liked it better than the original.

It's "the same" in name only, and the 2 second elevator pitch "guy protects road house from bad guy".

Jake Gyllenhaal is pretty good. Nice, exotic, tropical locale. Bar fights, and about 1/2 dozen different bands.

3.5 stars.

The new Road House was pretty fun, but the original is way better for me.

Just finished Mr. Inbetween, it was a great little series.

Tried watching "The New Look" that my brother and my friend loved so much.

Didn't find it at all interesting so bailed.

Loved the first episode of "3 Body Problem" though. :thumbup

Last edited:
I'm 6 into 3BP I think. It's been really good.

Still have the last Masters of the Air to sit through. Someday.

Started binge-watching The Wire. I’ve seen S1 E1 and E2. Not interesting. Should I pull the plug?

Not new, but on Netflix: I Care A lot. Highly entertaining.

Started binge-watching The Wire. I’ve seen S1 E1 and E2. Not interesting. Should I pull the plug?

The Wire?

THE "The Wire"? 9.3 on ImDB? That "The Wire"?

Not interesting?

I can't remember what happened in E1 and E2, but it was an amazing show.

It may well not be your cup of tea.

I have not seen Game of Thrones, and it doesn't really interest me. So, I know what its like to not necessarily like popular TV shows.

I didn't care for what I saw in the Sopranos either.

But I liked the Wire.

The Wire?

THE "The Wire"? 9.3 on ImDB? That "The Wire"?

Not interesting?

I can't remember what happened in E1 and E2, but it was an amazing show.

It may well not be your cup of tea.

I have not seen Game of Thrones, and it doesn't really interest me. So, I know what its like to not necessarily like popular TV shows.

I didn't care for what I saw in the Sopranos either.

But I liked the Wire.

Yes, that The Wire. I guess I’ll watch a few more S1 episodes. I disliked the first 2 episodes of Six then I got sucked in and really enjoyed it.

Keep going. It’s a top 5 series for a lot of people. You’re only two eps in, and the “detail” which will later become the MCU just barely got formed with a bunch of goldbrickers. Freamon is still happy just building his miniature desks at this time..but he was once and will once again become “good police” after some more string pulling by McNulty. Soon they get the wire up (show’s called The Wire for a reason), and things really get going.

Some seasons are better than others. Because while the main cast is always there, each season focuses on something different. You’ll see with season 2…who the hell are all these new people? You’ll think the show is more like an anthology. I really liked season 3 best, 4 was the worst, and 5 was good and a good way to wrap up the series.

Keep going. It’s a top 5 series for a lot of people. You’re only two eps in, and the “detail” which will later become the MCU just barely got formed with a bunch of goldbrickers. Freamon is still happy just building his miniature desks at this time..but he was once and will once again become “good police” after some more string pulling by McNulty. Soon they get the wire up (show’s called The Wire for a reason), and things really get going.

Some seasons are better than others. Because while the main cast is always there, each season focuses on something different. You’ll see with season 2…who the hell are all these new people? You’ll think the show is more like an anthology. I really liked season 3 best, 4 was the worst, and 5 was good and a good way to wrap up the series.

Thanks for the info BUT I still think the McRib is horrific!! :twofinger

Thanks for the info BUT I still think the McRib is horrific!! :twofinger

On second thought, The Wire is hella boring and stupid. Think there’s even a laugh track that they pipe in. You should immediately switch over to binging every city and season of The Real Housewives.

On second thought, The Wire is hella boring and stupid. Think there’s even a laugh track that they pipe in. You should immediately switch over to binging every city and season of The Real Housewives.

Lol

Sidenote, eventually every thread in the Ks will include a reference to the McRib :teeth

You couldn't pay me enough to try one of those overly processed meat paste things.

3 Body Problem - it's good! Finished episode 5, but I have a question. How were all the people on the ship selected? Were they all selected because they played the "game" and advanced through "x" number of levels?
Hmmm, do I need to go back and watch E#4 again?

Yes, that The Wire. I guess I’ll watch a few more S1 episodes. I disliked the first 2 episodes of Six then I got sucked in and really enjoyed it.

The Wire is a (fundamentally) Police Procedural. If you're expecting car chases and gun fights, you will likely be disappointed.

Stay through at least Episode 4, when the detectives investigate the crime scene.

I highly recommend Ripley on Netflix. Blasted through all 8 episodes in 2 days and wow, what an ending.

I liked 3BP, but I'm not sure if a 2nd season would interest me much.

The Wire gets two thumbs up from me, although its now a few years old. Tell the females in your life that Idris Elba is in it and they will join you.

Anyone seen "the Regime" on HBO-Max? So-so reviews but seems interesting like "Succession" for a eastern European dictator. My interest hasn't been enough to get an HBOmax subscription.

Back