TV Shows I am enjoying

Hell’s Angels on Wheels

A movie actually and pretty entertaining…

… 1967 Movie sanctioned by the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club. Sonny Barger, President of the HAMC appears in the film. The movie stars Adam Roark and Jack Nicholson in his breakout role.

https://archive.org/details/hells-angels-on-wheels

Last edited:
Is this vid the one with a chase scene with desert 2 smokes, open desert?
I have a few of these movies, I like the non-hollywood builds of these daily chopper riders, hard starters, or trailing smoke from some.

Finish 3BP. Solid show, but I hope they wrap it up next season.

I don't know anything about the books, and, what I saw, it was well done, I just don't want to wait 2 years for the end.

Finish 3BP. Solid show, but I hope they wrap it up next season.

I don't know anything about the books, and, what I saw, it was well done, I just don't want to wait 2 years for the end.

Ha. Yeah, this reminds me about “The Last of Us”. Waiting for that joint too. My dtr-in-law told me things get worse so……….(I’m not a video gamer, anime whatever guy so I had no idea at the outset about either of these shows)

Fallout was fantastic! But I say that as an avid Fallout gamer (kinda afraid to look up how much time I spent in Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4). However, looking at the meta scores for Fallout, currently rating 8.6/10 on IMDB, seems to be a universally loved show regardless if you played the games or not. It’s also #1 in streaming in the world right now.

I really went into it with trepidation, even though the trailer looked good, game adaptations have almost always been shit. But I am so damn happy with the love they treated the Fallout IP. Both Jonathan Nolan and Ella Purnell are apparently both Fallout gamers too so that explains why they got the universe so perfect.

Talked a few of my non-gaming friends into watching it and every single one of them has loved it so far.

Last edited:
Fallout was fantastic! But I say that as an avid Fallout gamer (kinda afraid to look up how much time I spent in Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4). However, looking at the meta scores for Fallout, currently rating 8.6/10 on IMDB, seems to be a universally loved show regardless if you played the games or not. It’s also #1 in streaming in the world right now.

I really went into it with trepidation, even though the trailer looked good, game adaptations have almost always been shit. But I am so damn happy with the love they treated the Fallout IP. Both Jonathan Nolan and Ella Purnell are apparently both Fallout gamers too so that explains why they got the universe so perfect.

Talked a few of my non-gaming friends into watching it and every single one of them has loved it so far.

Just finished Fallout a couple days ago. Damn that was a good show. When I saw the trailer months ago I was pretty excited for it and it did not disappoint. Kinda had a general idea of the world the games were about without ever having played one…but I don’t think it would have been necessary to enjoy the show and know what’s going on.

Season 2 already greenlit and it pretty obvious where they will be basing it, so I will be eagerly awaiting its return.

Season 2 already greenlit and it pretty obvious where they will be basing it, so I will be eagerly awaiting its return.

Yeap. Especially since I now live where Season 2 is heading. There’s a (real) little bar called Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, NV that has become something of a mecca for Fallout fans because its location was pivotal in Fallout: New Vegas. They’ve been holding screenings of the show.

You’re still on XBOX right? Fallout 4 is on sale right now for $10. You should check it out.

i-5jr9LQv-X2.png

Last edited:
Yeap. Especially since I now live where Season 2 is heading. There’s a (real) little bar called Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, NV that has become something of a mecca for Fallout fans because its location was pivotal in Fallout: New Vegas. They’ve been holding screenings of the show.

You’re still on XBOX right? Fallout 4 is on sale right now for $10. You should check it out.

i-5jr9LQv-X2.png

Defected to PlayStation nation awhile ago. Might be headed your way in a few years. Wife and I are spending a few days there in July to do a little advance redo to see where’d be a good place to retire (her…I’d still work). Looks like an absolute shitload of new developments being built in Summerlin, Henderson, and Lake LV.

And god damn…someone cosplaying in power armor? That’s really committing. Especiallly if it was a hot one out there.

Might be headed your way in a few years. Wife and I are spending a few days there in July to do a little advance redo to see where’d be a good place to retire (her…I’d still work). Looks like an absolute shitload of new developments being built in Summerlin, Henderson, and Lake LV.

Yea, new developments everywhere. 80,000 Californians moved here since 2022 and pricing out all the locals. I bought a house in Spring Valley (15m West from the Strip) in August 2020 for $360,000. I just checked Zillow, it’s worth $500,000 now. Still, even with the shit interest rates Californians are snapping up what’s available because it’s still a hell of a deal than what can be found in the Bay Area or LA.

If you want a look at the new developments in Summerlin I’ve been flying out there a lot. You can see the cleared ground where the new developments are going at about 2:35 in this video I shot last week.

youtu.be/mRFC1W_DHfE

Yea, new developments everywhere. 80,000 Californians moved here since 2022 and pricing out all the locals. I bought a house in Spring Valley (15m West from the Strip) in August 2020 for $360,000. I just checked Zillow, it’s worth $500,000 now. Still, even with the shit interest rates Californians are snapping up what’s available because it’s still a hell of a deal than what can be found in the Bay Area or LA.

If you want a look at the new developments in Summerlin I’ve been flying out there a lot. You can see the cleared ground where the new developments are going at about 2:35 in this video I shot last week.

youtu.be/mRFC1W_DHfE

Nice video.

Interest rates might not matter to the California folk. Bay Area and other coastal elites…we’ll just use the equity from our sale here and cash buy over there. I know that’s my situation. With what we’ll net from our little 2/2.5 townhouse here, we can can a pretty ridiculous house in most parts of the new developments around there (other than perhaps Lake LV). I’ll finally have a 3+ car garage so I can get a bike again.

We are watching Sympathizer. I can’t give it an unqualified endorsement. It’s “good” like a Tarantino movie is good - it offers a certain hip yet campy scenario that one can appreciate. But the episode we watched last night was so saturated with Robert Downey’s metaphoric body fluids it was kind of hard to take. Instead of casting a bunch of people, he decided to do a tour de force of playing five roles at once and it was fairly annoying. Ms. BA is ready to check out on this one so it might end on my enjoy alone list.
What is really good are the actors and actresses representing the Vietnamese community including the protagonist. And it really captures the 70s as I remember them.
So its a mixed bag but definitely unique.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but I’m loving the hell out of Adventure Time. Tons of episodes in short little bites. It manages to be funny, weird, nerdy, poignant, and unique without being crude or overly violent/sexual or cynical (all of which I love in my tv/movies). It is actually quite wholesome.

Come along with me….

Clarkson's Farm season 3 on Netflix.

More "doh" from Clarkson as he get repeatedly berated by local authorities and his farm manager.

If you like the idea of seeing Jeremy Clarkson taken down several pegs regularly this is worth a watch.

His latest "brainstorm" has all the marks of an expensive failure on it.

Again.

Baby Reindeer on Netflix was worth seeing. I really like well made short stories, only seven 30min episodes.

Baby Reindeer on Netflix was worth seeing. I really like well made short stories, only seven 30min episodes.

It was good. The meltdown video was that lead actor swinging for the fences and he just may get it when award season comes around again.

I was tempted to look it up, but I don't want to mess with how I feel about it. What if I think he's a blubbering poor-me idiot in the real video? It'll ruin it!

I was tempted to look it up, but I don't want to mess with how I feel about it. What if I think he's a blubbering poor-me idiot in the real video? It'll ruin it!

For a second I was like what the hell are you talking about, and then I remembered it’s based on a true story. So now I’m in the same boat as you. Kinda wanna look up the real thing but kinda don’t.

I'm not gonna do it. I like to let things be sometimes. Like the end of Lost In Translation, don't want to know what he said. I enjoy it more not knowing.

Back