• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

I played the game but it's been almost ten years since. Making me want to get my PS3 out of storage and get a copy of the game. I know its coming to PC in march but.... that's in march.

Which one? The original? The remastered? The remake? The remaster of the remake? There's like 10 of them across PS3, 4 and 5.:laughing

Which one? The original? The remastered? The remake? The remaster of the remake? There's like 10 of them across PS3, 4 and 5.:laughing

I played the original on release on the PS3. PS3 was also my last Sony console (heck, it was my last console) so I've missed all the others.

Which is unfortunate, because I'd really love to know why folks are so dang salty about TLOU pt2. I mean, I've heard the arguments, but I haven't played it myself and I'd like to make up my own mind about it.

I played the original on release on the PS3. PS3 was also my last Sony console (heck, it was my last console) so I've missed all the others.

Which is unfortunate, because I'd really love to know why folks are so dang salty about TLOU pt2. I mean, I've heard the arguments, but I haven't played it myself and I'd like to make up my own mind about it.

From friends (that I trust) that have played both, it's a fine game in a vacuum. But the first is a real hard act to follow. Fans seem so much more judgmental than before though. If a game doesn't hit an absolute grand slam, then it's wack. Expectations way too high. I'm being cynical but people were going to complain no matter what they did with the sequel.

Not sure what the masses said. I don't bother with redditors, twitter folk, or youtube game reviewers (except for 1 or 2 on youtube). I don't trust the majority of gamers to not trash on a game if it didn't score an A+ in their view.

Jack Ryan Update4.0

Like a heroin addict trying to wean himself, I decided to buy Seal Team S1. I didn’t read wiki or watch any trailers.

I expected it to be:

one mission per episode with one Seal getting smoked and the Team returning to their homes and family life following the mission.

After watching S1 E1 and reading plots of remaining episodes in S1, it appears the show is:

one mission per episode with one Seal getting smoked and the Team returning to their homes and family life following the mission.

Got tired of the actress Jessica Paré 4 minutes into S1 E1. Hopefully her character gets killed off in first 30 seconds of S1 E2.

Well, I watched Seal Team S1. Guess what.

Team Leader returns home. Has marital issues because can’t separate work from persona life. Wife is all EMO. “I don’t know who you are anymore!” How about you shut the hell up while I save the world while I put my scrote on the line! So they separate. Wow, never seen that before in any Seal-based show/film.

Then, the other Seal guy’s wife is informed by nurse that she’s two weeks out from giving birth. Four seconds later, he is pinged and has to roll! Never seen that happen ever in a Seal show/film.

Seal Team goes on a mission to Syria or other mideast country. Conflict. They get shot at it. Extract safely.

THEN!!! Back to their suburban life and Pottery Barn house that no Seal can afford.

Should I just take my loss or agonizingly sit thru S1 E2?

Last edited:
The use of music, and folks' varying interpretations of songs and what they mean to them, was one of the most compelling pieces of TV I've seen in a long time. So much was conveyed through the storytelling of this episode, through action or set design or videographic design or just the physical acting instead of through exposition or narrative voiceover, that it was almost overwhelming at times to keep up with what we were seeing.

Truly beautiful TV.

From NPR:
…The instant-classic third episode of HBO’s videogame-turned-dystopian-epic The Last of Us offers the latest example of a classic tune providing essential plot and character advancement while generating millions of weeping-face emojis across the social universe.

Linda Ronstadt’s “Long Long Time” went viral the moment the soon-to-be lovers Bill and Frank, played by Nick Offerman and Murray Bartlett…

after budman's thread, I got into battlebots this year. It's fun when DVR'd. Like 30 minutes of interesting stuff in a 2 hour episode.

I just completed the binge of Seal Team S1. God damn there were 24(?) episodes.

I enjoyed it except for the EMO home life scenes with all the nagging wives/GFs. I decided to just scrub through those scenes :laughing

In the last episode as the team is going home, that annoying Jessica Paré character is assigned to Diego Garcia but she refers to that island as Diego Rivera :laughing I thought I misheard her so rewound and sure enough, she said Diego Rivera.

Diego Rivera and Frida:
fridaanddiego-800x571.png

Diego Garcia:
190207-F-TG070-001.JPG

Buick Riviera:
1969-buick-riviera

Last edited:
SEAL TEAM BINGE-WATCH UPDATE

I'm up to S2 E8.

The action scenes and military talk, e.g., Oscar Mike, are addictive.

Still can't stand Jessica Pare. She has no acting skills. Definitely never took voice lessons. I understand her character disappears in S4, thank God!

Annoying:
seal-team-mandy-jessica-pare-1012x570.jpg

I think I got this right... Riveria, front wheel drive, same as the Caddie Eldo. Hottie at the Pacific Steamer had one. I think it had a 455CI V8...

Late to the game but here are a few I've enjoyed...

Last Kingdom - historical fiction portraying the conflict between the vikings and the english
Vikings Valhalla - similar to the above but more focused on the nordic lands
In the Dark - if you enjoyed Breaking Bad and Ozark, you'll probably like this
Into the Badlands - martial arts meets Mad Max
Outlander - Love story meets clan rebellion with time travel thrown in.
Shadow and Bone - fantasy adventure
All on Netflix

We’re watching Chromosome 21 from Chile. Pretty damn good. Fits the algorithm of somewhat obsessed female detective on the edge whose personal life is being destroyed while she solves a big dang deal crime. But when you tune in and see the subject and actors, you’ll see why its kind of ground-breaking. Netflix.

Last edited:
I think Last Kingdom is pretty good. I have not started the last season of it. They say there will be a follow up movie, maybe two. But they're stopping the series.

I think Last Kingdom is pretty good. I have not started the last season of it. They say there will be a follow up movie, maybe two. But they're stopping the series.

They can leave it alone for all I care. The last season tied up in a nice way that I was satisfied with, addressing the whole motivation of almost everything Uhtred was trying to do from the very start of the show. 5 seasons of full hour long episodes is enough.

Caught up to S2 E12 - I am sick and tired of Clay. Stella dumps him. He can’t move. Come on, man!

Season 2 is complete. Excellent show. Of course, I'm probably the only KS-er who hasn't watched the whole series.

I'm going to Charlie Mike the rest of the binge.

so the last of us has grown on me. This past episode was pretty good and the episode before that was probably my favorite of the series so far. My go to right now.

so the last of us has grown on me. This past episode was pretty good and the episode before that was probably my favorite of the series so far. My go to right now.

I've been really enjoying the bit parts and cameos in the series. Graham Greene was a fantastic opener for this week's, and it was great to see Rutina Wesley on the screen again. And I'm really excited to see Terry Chen on next week's.

Back