• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

TV Shows I am enjoying

Season two of Jeremy Clarkson's Farm.

Amazing such an egomaniac has a show that constantly shows what poor judgement he has!

I gave that 90's show a go. It was fun seeing it and the charactors again and not to bad for a stupid comedy.

It's not new, but "The Night Manager", a 6 part version of a '93 John le Carre novel. It was from 2016, but I recall it being pretty good. Not a slam bam action fest, to be sure. It's on Prime at the moment.

Last edited:
It's not new, but "The Night Manager", a 6 part version of a '93 John le Carre novel. It was from 2016, but I recall it being pretty good. Not a slam bam action fest, to be sure. It's on Prime at the moment.

I don’t think I have ever been disappointed with Hugh Laurie. He is the bad guy here.

A Bit of Fry and Laurie? Old BBC, but awesome.

That main girl from the last of us looks like a product of fetal alcohol

I'm with ya.

Just finished Midnight Mass which was REALLY fucking good and currently in the middle of Glitch.

Both on Netflix.

Whatever happened to Black Sunday? That was decent.

I'm on:

The Bear (Hulu)

Out Banks (Netflix) ...don't try it. CW level stuff and I love it, but I don't want to get flamed by suggesting it. Total sweet cereal stuff.

Fargo (Hulu). Finally finishing it. I struggle to finish series

The Subway Jerred doc thing (YoutubeTV)

Blackbird rules (apple TV) as does The Morning show. Digging that right now

We own this City (HBO) with John Bernthal. Excellent.

Dirty John (Netflix) another quality one along with Dr Death (Peacock) and The Truth about Pam (Peacock)

Bumping this thread because I flicked on the box last night: NEW episodes of Black Mirror!!!! Yay. Watched first two episodes and it’s better than ever. The creators are solidly lampooning Netflix even while you watch it on Netflix, compounding the “mirror” aspect.

Maybe you all knew about it already but I tend to think if it happens to me, maybe it happens to somebody else so….

Also, we watched Jury Duty last week and it’s pretty funny and interesting. It has the reveal of all reveals at the end. Freevee with commercials or Prime without.

Last edited:
Yeah Jury Duty was pretty cool. I can’t believe they actually did a Truman Show to that guy for three weeks.

Bumping this thread because I flicked on the box last night: NEW episodes of Black Mirror!!!! Yay. Watched first two episodes and it’s better than ever. The creators are solidly lampooning Netflix even while you watch it on Netflix, compounding the “mirror” aspect.

Maybe you all knew about it already but I tend to think if it happens to me, maybe it happens to somebody else so….

Also, we watched Jury Duty last week and it’s pretty funny and interesting. It has the reveal of all reveals at the end. Freevee with commercials or Prime without.

Watched the whole season of Black Mirror and enjoyed it. 5 episodes though?

Some of the episodes are pretty long, like mini-movies. Joan Is Awful felt like an episode but Loch Henry was like like a whole movie.

I haven’t looked into it but maybe the writer’s strike ended the season early?

Black Mirror was good. A little less edgy maybe? I didn't walk away feeling so icky like the other seasons.

The Days was cool. Some new info on Fukushima that I didn't know.

The Great is fun. Maybe a bit over the top with the raunch jokes.

Finishing up Ted Lasso. Fucking love it but the show has some sort of resonance with me in it that makes me fucking well up every other episode.

I watched all 5 episodes of the new Black Mirror season last night/this morning.

2 of the episodes are short movie length (1hr15min and 1hr20min) and both were pretty good. The season has less techy/sci-fi type stories compared to some of the previous seasons which I'm fine with but I've seen a lot of complaints about the deviation. Think there's some recency bias there though. A good handful of previous episodes were not about fictitious future tech.

I'll put Jury Duty on the list. My queue is running low.

5 is average. Last season only had 3...

Last edited:
I keep wondering when the writer’s strike will catch up on us streamers. I was fantasizing going back and watching Leftovers again if necessary. I really liked that show but hated the musical score.

But I never run out of Spanish series, mostly on Netflix. I may join the Jose Coronado fan club (see Wrong Side of the Tracks). We just watched the one that takes place in Ibiza White Lines which is mostly in English anyway.. It was simultaneously disgusting and entertaining. All my Portuguese friends and fam are buzzing about Rabo de Peixe, which was entirely filmed in Azores. It’s a fictionalized series about when a bunch of cocaine floated up in the town of that name. People who love and are loyal to Azores are conflicted because the acting is spotty, the script is all over the place and the characterization is so out of kilter with what you experience in the Azores. On top of that, it’s some people’s first look at the place via streaming and it’s embarrassingly negative. I think the English translated title is something like Against the Tide. I can’t recommend it except for the scenery. I been to every place in the series including the named town and I just did not see it as they show it, like some kind of ghetto on the part of Sao Miguel that has a lot of Arab historic immigrants.

Last edited:
Just finished Based on a True Story on Peacock. Good comedy poking fun at murder podcasts.

We’re watching Chromosome 21 from Chile. Pretty damn good. Fits the algorithm of somewhat obsessed female detective on the edge whose personal life is being destroyed while she solves a big dang deal crime. But when you tune in and see the subject and actors, you’ll see why its kind of ground-breaking. Netflix.

I looked for it last night.. no luck. The search function was not responding so just skimmed through stuff.

I ended up finding FUBAR with the Governator. It was OK. Wife liked it more than I, but still fun for me.

Back