• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

My exhaust tip arrived (no animals attacked the USPS delivery person). I installed it and the SA.

I put some heat shield tape on my pipe and the fuel tank where a weld is rubbing.

I cleaned a brand new oiled air filter in solvent so I can later use No-Toil on it.

Still waiting for the animal-interfered Tubliss front. :( And some richer pilot jets. And a helmet from Spain via California. (Spain? If I had wanted to wait for a helmet from Europe I would have ordered it myself and got a better helmet for the same price.)

Grumble grumble, at least I can ride an event now.

Got my new pilot jets. Installed a couple sizes richer pilot and one size richer main. Made a hose loop from the two open vents, with a drain in the bottom of the hose.

Got my Tubliss from the post office. Installed it and the new Dunlop D803FGP front, easy peasy.

So it turns out the "animal exception" is a standing order of no deliveries, not a one-time thing. Six months ago, this vicious pug lived here. From her perch on the couch she could bark at delivery people as they walked up. It must have been terrifying.

IMG_0001-L.jpg

Got my new pilot jets. Installed a couple sizes richer pilot and one size richer main. Made a hose loop from the two open vents, with a drain in the bottom of the hose.

Got my Tubliss from the post office. Installed it and the new Dunlop D803FGP front, easy peasy.

So it turns out the "animal exception" is a standing order of no deliveries, not a one-time thing. Six months ago, this vicious pug lived here. From her perch on the couch she could bark at delivery people as they walked up. It must have been terrifying.

IMG_0001-L.jpg

Well...I would be scared of that pugg after it finishes that book "The Kill Artist" ...who knows if the pitt bull inside of him will be unleashed! :rofl

Too funny, Eric. :laughing

What did I do today? I rode the darned thing. I zipped out from my house to a bit of "secret" dirt to see how the bike works with the new chain conversion and re-sprung suspension. This spot isn't a proper place to test anything too thoroughly, but it still felt good to zip around a little bit. The Zero FX is a FUN machine to ride. It was drizzling so I didn't stop and take any pics. I'll probably go out for another short jaunt tomorrow and will try to grab a pic or three. :thumbup

Super jealous of the Zero!! Saving my pennies for an electric trials bike. So looking forward to urban ebike fun!

I delivered a piston and other bits to Oscar (onefastmexican) at Race Pace MotorSports so I will have plenty of nice fresh dirtbikes.

Last edited:
Today I removed the YZ250 cylinder head and shipped it out to RB Designs in Portland to have the head modded to run pump gas, squish adjusted, and YZ250X mod (lower compression). Looking forward to trying it out when I return from vacation.

I have the 3rd-5th YZ250X transmission gears ready to go on my next rebuild later this year. Will be the last foreseeable mod I do to the YZ unless I come across some cheap late model Kayaba SSS forks. This 02 YZ smoker has become the ultimate offroad bike I have ever owned.... LOVE it!

Interdasting. We should trade bikes some time. I adjusted the squish with increased compression, and left the timing stock, with a FMF low-mid pipe. My bike is a tractor, with instant zap available.

By all accounts the X engines are smooth with more squish and less compression than the non-X.

If Yamaha doesn't introduce fuel injection, I see no reason to upgrade from my 2006. I'll put in WR gears whenever I have to split the cases to service the crank and it will be good to go until I'm pushing up daisies.

Interdasting. We should trade bikes some time. I adjusted the squish with increased compression, and left the timing stock, with a FMF low-mid pipe. My bike is a tractor, with instant zap available.

By all accounts the X engines are smooth with more squish and less compression than the non-X.

If Yamaha doesn't introduce fuel injection, I see no reason to upgrade from my 2006. I'll put in WR gears whenever I have to split the cases to service the crank and it will be good to go until I'm pushing up daisies.

I have two motors, so figured I would give it a go and if I dont like the 250X head mods, I can always go back. Wanted to clean up combustion and run pump gas, figured while I was doing that I'd try the 250X head mods.

Went back to the oem expansion chamber from an FMF some time ago. retarded ignition, and 9 oz flywheel weight. I've still got zap to lift the wheel at will, but spin up less (or so it seems). Been going for smooth and traction. Would be a fun comparison. I'm jealous of your forks. THats what I really want... but budget doesnt allow yet.

Will have to do a ride comparison at Stonybarf or one the trials events this fall. :thumbup

Replaced the fibers and steels on the z-start pro in my 2005 KTM 300 EXC. I didn't realize the steels are specific to the Rekluse clutch. So I was forced to place a second order from RM for the steels. I was going to get the Rekluse fibers as well but they don't make them for KTM. I ended up using the EBC fibers from the original clutch kit I ordered.

I also replaced the countershaft seal while I had the trans oil drained. This was the 1st time I had completed both of these tasks and they ended up being very easy after watching a couple of Youtube videos.

I am still having a hard time getting as much stopping power from the Rekluse LHRB. It does not want to lock up the rear. It is the newer style and I have bleed it several times.

I created a new home for all the dirty bikes in a 40 foot container and am setting up a little shop in there as well :)

^ 16 pound rear. That's not a tire, that's a Ditch Witch.

I went for a sunset trials practice ride then came back and checked my plug color. Nice and tan compared to the previous two-tone white/light tan. I put in an Iridium plug and I hope the extra gap is OK.

Yes, the Motoz tires are quite heavy. Good thing i'm starting w/ a light weight dual sport ;)

Trials practice, exploring a new riding area, and general extreme riding made much less extreme by virtue of riding a trials bike.

[YOUTUBE]mZQpn6AN4TA[/YOUTUBE]

Back