• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

One of the few bikes I would rather have is a GasGas EC300. Elemental happened to have one. More importantly, it was the one that my old buddy Drew used to own. He gave me first crack at it a few years back when he sold it, but I was too broke to buy it.

Elemental was kind enough to keep me in mind when he decided to sell it, and it is now in my grubby little hands.

As the dirty world turns

Incestuous little circle that it is.....

It's real purdy. Crappy pic of the bike in the van....

zskFXQ.jpg

:drool Congrats Aaron!! :applause

Thanks. Like I said, I couldn't pass it up. That's also why my KDX is up for sale, even though I didn't think I would ever sell that bike.

This just PROVES your wife really loves you Aaron! :laughing

Congrats on the bike. To say I am jealous of your modern plated two stroke is a massive understatement. That thing is sexy. :thumbup

Rode the Sunday trial. Super fun but the Sunday loop is definitely more of a challenge than I expected. The loop pretty much wore me out and was more difficult than the sections. :laughing

I won't be as intimidated next time I ride Moab that's for sure. :thumbup

I worked as a checker at the trial event today and rode my trials bike to my section and back, which was plenty gnarly. When things slowed down I attempted the Sportsman line on my section twice, and "scored" threes both times. They were close threes, not paddling everywhere like when I rode 1962siia's section yesterday.

[YOUTUBE]IXcAhJjBq_Y[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah the loop up to 6 got a little funky, good practice for how to ride big boulders. I finally got the chance to try a line on sect 9 (the rock strewn, uphill creek bed that the Bill's were checking) on the last loop. Got three's on the first two loops and tried to charge all the way up the middle of it on the last one. Made it 7/8 of the way and dabbed then coming off the dab bounced off a rock and got pushed into the big rock on my right. Couldn't get my rt foot off the peg to stem and had to reach out with my hand...five! Can't touch the ground and have a hand off the bars...I still think that may have been the good line but you had to really gas it.

Section 10 got me all day for no good reason, that big rock at the end got a point out of me every time dammit. Not enough throttle!

Yeah the loop up to 6 got a little funky, good practice for how to ride big boulders. I finally got the chance to try a line on sect 9 (the rock strewn, uphill creek bed that the Bill's were checking) on the last loop. Got three's on the first two loops and tried to charge all the way up the middle of it on the last one. Made it 7/8 of the way and dabbed then coming off the dab bounced off a rock and got pushed into the big rock on my right. Couldn't get my rt foot off the peg to stem and had to reach out with my hand...five! Can't touch the ground and have a hand off the bars...I still think that may have been the good line but you had to really gas it.

Section 10 got me all day for no good reason, that big rock at the end got a point out of me every time dammit. Not enough throttle!

Yeah that was the hardest part of the loop for sure. First time through I was following the red arrows and they just stopped at this field of big rocks and fallen trees. :laughing I got through it but I always had to take a breather after getting to section 6. Coming out of 4 was tough for me too but only the first part.

Speaking of section four. I got a 3 the first time through and the checker, who rides the same bike as me asked what gear I was in because I bogged going up a short steep climb. I said second and he said I better check. I was in 4th gear. Just goes to show I was not on it yesterday. Between the heat and excitement of riding a class above my actual skill level my head was not in it.

Need to work on strength and stretching, and find a place with hills to practice. The front yard riding isn't going to do it. Thanks Elemental for all the help yesterday. :thumbup

Almost got me too with people launching their bikes at me! You almost got a 5 for whatever your front tire did with the red ribbon. You somehow made origami out of it, didn't break it, and didn't put daylight between it and your tire.

Lots of people walked through without looking over/past that big rock at the end to see the red ribbon right there. They didn't see it until their front wheel was heading for it.

You almost got a 5 for whatever your front tire did with the red ribbon
One of the other INT's got a 5 for doing exactly that so as I was coming over the top and saw it I knew where it was going and just barely stopped in time, BARELY! A 5 would've been a crappy way to end the event.

Whats with all this talk from guys that wear open faced helmets, stretchy pants, fanny packs, and ride weird obscure motorcycle brands! :laughing :twofinger

According to tracking, my YZ250 head is done and will be waiting for me when I return from vacation. Cant wait to try it out... had it modified to the new YZ250X specifications. :ride :party

Back