• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

What about a hinge on that TLR rear fender?
Laugh... I ALREADY look like a clown on my TLR. :laughing

I had 49mi on the odo, which is about 25mpg with the stock 1.9g tank. Maybe not that great, but google search says it's normal. Was looking at range for fuel injected bikes and it doesn't seem any better. Getting a little worried now for the harescramble.

I'm really surprised. Considering you were just out trail riding and only got that, I think I would be concerned.

I tried to hook up an old original Trailtech Endurance computer on my YZ as I never really now just how far I can go. Damaged the sensor figuring out placement hand spinning the wheel. Didnt think it would be that easy to damage (caught between caliper and spoke). Oh well, its was an old one just sitting in the shop. Not sure i'll invest $$ now to get a new sensor.

Been using the hour meter and know I go can go two hours at a slow group trail ride pace with stock 2 gallon tank. Can do hour no problem to hour and half near empty at my slow C race pace (much slower than you).

I wonder if you were on the rich side or float set a bit high?

Though lots of people on thumpertalk see the same 50mi range, it's definitely rich. I leave it jetted for sea level because I don't want to jet it correctly for elevation and then run it lean at sea level, because I'm only willing to change jetting seasonally and not depending on where I'm riding, because I could be at Prairie City or Foresthill on any given weekend. I figure if I'm going to be lazy about jetting, I should default to riding rich at elevation instead of lean at sea level. I've been thinking about picking up a used efi yz450 and was looking at the mpg thinking it'd be significantly better...nope!

Though lots of people on thumpertalk see the same 50mi range, it's definitely rich. I leave it jetted for sea level because I don't want to jet it correctly for elevation and then run it lean at sea level, because I'm only willing to change jetting seasonally and not depending on where I'm riding, because I could be at Prairie City or Foresthill on any given weekend. I figure if I'm going to be lazy about jetting, I should default to riding rich at elevation instead of lean at sea level. I've been thinking about picking up a used efi yz450 and was looking at the mpg thinking it'd be significantly better...nope!

Totally agree, I am with you. I got lazy and didnt rejet for the heat wave we had.... fricking spooge machine. But better rich than lean.

Interesting the EFI bikes arent better.

Looks like the bossdog hacked G's account again!

Ugg, I tried to respond using the phone. I suck at I-phone. My right hand is very damaged and fatigues quickly. I usually ride the NC and the ATK using a throttle paddle. I don't think it will work on the Beta.

I'm also considering Stegz Pegs for both W and myself.

Ugg, I tried to respond using the phone. I suck at I-phone. My right hand is very damaged and fatigues quickly. I usually ride the NC and the ATK using a throttle paddle. I don't think it will work on the Beta.

Why won't it work on the Beta?

I had or have a slow leak in the front tire. I pulled the wheel and removed the Michelin heavy duty tube. I filled it with air and stuck it in the sink. I spend 10 minutes looking for a leak and could not find a single bubble, including from the valve stem. Perplexed, I stuck it back in the tire and remounted it. I'll check it in a few days and see if it is holding air.

I filled it with air and stuck it in the sink. I spend 10 minutes looking for a leak and could not find a single bubble, including from the valve stem

I've had this happen a handful of times over the years and the only explanation I ever came up with was grit/crud in the air compressor gets stuck on the valve seat. More air and or cleaning moves it and the problem goes away....weird.

Why won't it work on the Beta?

The Beta delivers a lot more throttle with less input than anything I've ever ridden. Maybe with the new mapping switch it will tame it enough for the paddle. In the meantime I've started doing some home PT on the hand to get it stronger.

I had or have a slow leak in the front tire. I pulled the wheel and removed the Michelin heavy duty tube. I filled it with air and stuck it in the sink. I spend 10 minutes looking for a leak and could not find a single bubble, including from the valve stem. Perplexed, I stuck it back in the tire and remounted it. I'll check it in a few days and see if it is holding air.

This is my problem with the ATK. Brand new tube and it goes flat in about 10 days.

This is my problem with the ATK. Brand new tube and it goes flat in about 10 days.[/QUOTE]

It could have a super thin light weight tubes that looses air quickly. My road bicycle will loose about 10-15 PSI per week -which is normal for them.

This is my problem with the ATK. Brand new tube and it goes flat in about 10 days.

It could have a super thin light weight tubes that looses air quickly. My road bicycle will loose about 10-15 PSI per week -which is normal for them.[/QUOTE]

It lives in the container now. I did have the heaviest tube installed after Baja. Gave up, got a new bike :laughing At least I can pick this one up myself :)

W installed a larger tank on his Beta. It didn't go easy peavy, FI is certainly more complex than carburetor when it comes to things like fuel tank mods.

G, was this what you were thinking about?

https://rekluse.com/product/brake-kit-dual-actuated/?pd=1

Left Hand Rear Brake? Would be super duper easy to put on your new bike!

New fork seal. YouTube says it should take 20-30 minutes. It took me about 2 hours.

Last edited:
I watched Eric put a new rear tire and a Recluse hand actuated rear brake on Shiftless the Alta. I helped a little. Must test tomorrow.

Used a Sealmate on a leaky fork seal on the GasGas a few days ago. Checked it today and there is a good amount of oil on the fork again. Bummer. Looks like I’m bringing one bike to Stony instead of two.

new rear wheel goodies from Warp9 installed and ready to go. i smell a sick day coming on...

Well shoot. Went to change the rear tire and found three broken spokes. That's no good. Need to get it sorted before the harescramble this weekend.

Back