• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Took the XR400 to the car wash yesterday. It was still dirty from StoneyBarf. I've been bad. The RM is still dirty from Hollister and Clear Creek.

It is time to start prepping it for Baja.

Bought new sprockets/chain, engine/trans oil and gave it a good washing.

Put on a new fuel cap vent hose. Changed the transmission oil (Rotella, MFers!) which had gone way past ten hours. Power washed the bike so it would be clean when I go in an fiddle with the carb. Knocked off the new fuel cap vent hose.

Fuel cap vent hoses are going to be my Dilbert tie. A metaphor for my lack of control over my environment.

dilbert17.jpg

I ordered a Suzuki NECK needle because it should be a better parallel to the Yamaha N3CK needle I am using. I'm afraid to drop two jet sizes at a time for the Zook needle and will probably only drop one size each.

I had my surgery today and I should be able to ride the weekend of Dec. 30-31.

Last edited:
I posted that last night when I had only some discomfort, it felt like localized gas pressure. Haha, pain pills? Those are for sissies. But I awoke after midnight with real pain, it felt like I had been prison shanked. Yeah pop open the Oxy.

giphy.gif

I cleaned the 230 as if it were going for sale. (Not yet)

Hopefully the Betas will be ready for pickup this week :thumbup

I ordered a Suzuki NECK needle because it should be a better parallel to the Yamaha N3CK needle I am using. I'm afraid to drop two jet sizes at a time for the Zook needle and will probably only drop one size each.

No more nausea? Congratulations on ridding yourself of a damaged organ.

Heal up!

new whee bearings in the KTM. It is all freshened up and going up for sale. Expensive for a 18 year old dirt bike, but cheap compared to overhauling a modern four stroke. And Hella strong and light.

I sold the cr125 the other week.

The 450 is slightly dismantled, not getting spark. Anyone in south bay with a peak voltage adapter? I think it's stator

Going to look at a yz125 today after work :)

Last edited:

Quick turnaround! So this was pancreatitis brought on by gallstones and is the source of the stomach trouble? If yes, you might be feeling like a new man pretty soon!

I pulled the SM wheelset from the DR350, and swapped back to my off road wheelset.

Last edited:
Put a new x-ring 520 chain onthe 450 last night.

Last edited:
YZ today was a bust, a 2010 but someone had swapped the SSS forks off, so it was running some old forks and triples.

Yea Tim, sold the CR fast, fresh rebuild and all. Time for the blue cru.

Start Baja prep on the XR. I adjusted the valves, all were within 0.0005, removed the advanced ignition and installed a new to me Cyclops light cannon headlamp bulb.

Back