• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I dug out my bag of RM250 Jets. It still spits too much oil out of the spark arrester, and my air screw is at 2 3/4 turns out. I'm going to remove the 42 pilot jet and try a 40. What could possibly go wrong? :teeth

Leo just had another surgery? Leo is this true?

Leo just had another surgery? Leo is this true?

Yeah, its been a great year. I developed a hernia while recovering from the Achilles surgery. Lifting weights at the gym. Needed surgery to fix that too. And our garage got broken into and we had two mountain bikes stolen. Luckily the nicest and most $$ one was locked up and still there in the morning. We would have only lost one, but my son neglected to lock up his bike after getting home from work. And yes, that's what we have to do in SF these days - keep our bicycles locked up INSIDE the attached garage. About done with the bullshit that goes with living in this city.

Not today, yesterday and the day before.

Saturday, fresh oil and trans fluid in the 450X and fresh oil in the 150f.
Sunday, 22 miles of riding at Holister. My kid likes Holister over Metcalf. So much more to explore. Looking forward to getting back out there and covering other areas of the park as well as getting onto some of the more advanced trails.

More riding...More riding...need to be ready for the Fall Stony trip.

Did some mild welding and got the 5.8g XR650L tank mocked up on the DR350. Fits almost like it was made for it.. Bought aluminum bar stock to fabricate the supports. All that's left is to commit, pull out the angle grinder/cutting discs, chop up the stock seat mount, and get the rest of it fabbed.

This popped up a few hours away...

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/d/kawasaki-kdx-220-woods-bike/6606644545.html

From the looks of the frame, I'd say it has barely seen much time out in the woods or on the trail. I'm really tempted... If the Ninja was already out of the garage, I'd probably be driving to TN right now.

Yeah, its been a great year. I developed a hernia while recovering from the Achilles surgery. Lifting weights at the gym. Needed surgery to fix that too. And our garage got broken into and we had two mountain bikes stolen. Luckily the nicest and most $$ one was locked up and still there in the morning. We would have only lost one, but my son neglected to lock up his bike after getting home from work. And yes, that's what we have to do in SF these days - keep our bicycles locked up INSIDE the attached garage. About done with the bullshit that goes with living in this city.

I'm sorry to hear about the bikes. Crime has gotten worse. With the price of some of the nice bikes in the 3-9K range, they are easy targets for "Rats". Our trucks are broken into 3-4 times a year at night. I watch these "Rats" cut the locks off only to find trucks with only old shipping blankets inside. If we didn't lock them, homeless would be sleeping in them.

I enjoy the night life in the City, but could not imagine living there. The traffic, parking and theft would drive me crAzY! On a good note, you made one of the best property investments out there. When you leave you will be well rewarded for time spent.

Hey Tom, you got any dims for your rear spring? I seem to remember the KYB rear off a yammie fitting our 90's Ohlins on the KTM. Think I may have a spare that is just about the right rate (.54 or .56?). Was too light for my 550 I think, maybe will fit with just a spacer too.

I'll take a look to get length and dia; just may fit your RM.

You need a shock spring? RaceTech says YZ250 and RM250 springs are the same. I have a stock titanium spring and one or two heavier aftermarket springs. I think the heaviest is 6.0 kg, too much for your RM, unless you start drinking a whole lot more beer.

eBay running a 20% off coupon today on everything. Minimum $50, max of $100 savings.

Go buy more dirtbike shit.

You need a shock spring? RaceTech says YZ250 and RM250 springs are the same. I have a stock titanium spring and one or two heavier aftermarket springs. I think the heaviest is 6.0 kg, too much for your RM, unless you start drinking a whole lot more beer.

I have extra stock titanium spring as well I believe. LMK.

Just seeing this. Thanks guys! Using the Racetech spring calculator, I need a 5.64 KG/MM spring for enduro/single track riding to support my 220 lbs. I'll PM you some cash!

I am going to wash it. I swear.
It's down the list too, as I still have clean bikes to ride.

Back