• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

^ How's the seat height on that thing?

Perfect for my wife who is 5'6 or so. I do ride it sometimes just for a laugh tho.

Just picked up a new to me 99 KX250! Brand new crank, cylinder, piston etc. Needs a carb clean (which is happening right now), new chain and sprockets, and a few other bits. At some point it'll get stripped down for a custom build.

It ripped when I took it out for a test spin. It definitely needs some love though. I'll have to take some pix of the collection at some point...

Purdy! Here's mine after today's Carnegie ride.

557ikR.jpg

c8xdk5.jpg

tpXh5D.jpg

It's really only four tie-downs. The problem is that the red ones have straps that are approximately 3.7 miles long. I *should* just cut a bunch of the strap length off of those and use them as dedicated trailer tie-downs. It would save me weaving the strap all over the damned place. :laughing

It is a Japanese bike, so we may as well refer to it as Shibari. :p

I feel two stroke handicapped... I got it to fire off out of the garage when I bought her yesterday. Brought her home and fired her off again and this morning. I couldn't get it to even cough. Fuel on, fresh gas, cleaned out the pilot jet and carb, making sure it all flows properly. I'm about to back my street bike up to her and put the tires together to try and get it fired off. She ran like a raped ape yesterday and nothing today.

My process to get it started is as follows.

Turn on the fuel
Pull out the choke
do a couple soft kicks to get everything flowing
Find TDC, do a couple quick hard kicks and it should go vroom

Is there something I am missing? Any special procedure to two strokes? I can get my CRF450R fired in one kick hot or cold...

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, should fire right up. Maybe the valves are tight ;)

Are you getting spark? Is the plug wet? Start there and we'll figure it out.

Back