• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Cool. Hopefully the new plug will get it running right. If not I'd clean the carb again and take notes on all the jets sizes and fuel/air mixture setting. Good luck!

Aye I honestly think it is a spark issue. I'm going to run through the entire list of testing procedures in the service manual.

I checked the plug, it is the incorrect plug for the bike. Should be a BR8EIX and it has a B9EG or something along those lines in it. I'll pick one up from work tomorrow just to be sure.

Iridium plugs are needlessly more expensive. I can't imagine a few doll hairs meaning the difference between life and death, but we're talking $10 vs. $2.

Anything with the "8" will work fine. I have the same bike and run a B8ES all day long.

Awesome and congrats! Now time to go ride and get dirty! Woot!

Aye I definitely will! Got a bit more work to do after today, picked up fresh tires, tubes, sprockets, chain, brake pads, fork seals, brake fluid and fork oil to get her 100% mechanically and than I'll take her out and whip her! >;)

Dropped in a new EarthX battery and Midwest Mountain Engineering clutch lever :thumbup

I just rode my KTM for two hours and reestablished my neighborhood trail...

New front and rear sprockets, 13/50 wasn't doing it for me on the tight stuff I like to ride, gonna throw on a flywheel weight in the very near future, should be nice in the funk.

Took the RM up to Middle Creek yesterday, my first time there. Had a blast. Loving the new gearing.

LA5vBSXl.jpg

What gearing did you go with?

The CRF450R got a fresh tank of fuel AND new Cycra handguards and a quick spin around the block.

The KX250 got prepped with new tires, brake pads, brake fluid flush, fresh trans fluid, skid plate, exhaust repacked (which was filthy disgusting...), new chain and sprockets, aaaaaaaand fresh fuel and a spin around the block as well.

The CRF450R got a fresh tank of fuel AND new Cycra handguards and a quick spin around the block.

How do you like those Cycra handguards? They always seemed like over kill to me. I have some oem KTM factory all plastic handguards on my 200. They've smashed into trees and rocks plenty of times and held up just fine.

I'm considering handguards on my XR650L to protect the levers and my hands in the event of a crash. I'm thinking the weight of the bike may warrant some heavy duty handguards like Cycra but they seem over built for my needs.

Back