• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I haven't had a chance to ride with the Cycra handguards yet but I got them because I managed to bend my brake lever up pretty good. Decided it would be good to keep that from happening in the future.

Those things pay for themselves in doctor visits the first time you ride tight woods.

There's no such thing as overkill when it comes to dirt bikes.

There's no such thing as overkill when it comes to dirt bikes.

You're right, not in the dirt. Buddy broke his clutch lever on his new '15 500 EXC, had the factory ones on. Saved us a lot of levers & possible master cylinders.

New brake line and rebuilt the carb on the crf450 today. Anybody down for a ride at metcalf weds?

Drove a little while and picked this up.

IMAG0046-L.jpg

I won't be riding it but I'll be maintaining it. 2005 with Eric Gorr 295 kit, Rekluse auto clutch, and tasteful off-road mods. Needs nothing to go do a 60 mile ride. Owned by a 50+ enthusiast with a clean garage full of dirt bikes.

It's the low-end Rekluse. Stiff lever feel but I only used it out of habit, it's not needed. I slowed down to a slow walking speed on the test ride and it just chugged along smoothly.

I got on my street supermoto and scouted a quasi-legal route to the trails from my new home. I ended up doing some semi-gnarly stuff on 17" sport tires at 28 psi. Rendering helmet cam video right now, check in the video section in a couple hours.

Last edited:
Went play riding. Tried out the above KX295 and played with its Rekluse auto-clutch. I'm getting one of those, then I'll conquer the world.

The short run-up hill cimbs were done on my YZ250 (standard clutch, trials tire, yellow fender) and the KX295 (auto clutch, worn knobby, green fender). The Rekluse basically gives perfect clutch control every time.

[youtube]O7qD_TkjsSE[/youtube]

The 295 did not have a lot of bottom. We traded bikes and its owner said my 250 was more "peppy." We should look at the 295's jetting, it could be a little rich, but at his skill level I don't think he needs more bottom and crisper throttle response at this point.

Last edited:
Could also have to do with the porting. He offers/offered three different porting types; low to mid, mid to top, and a little bit all over.

Big, Black and Gassy

Installed Safari tank on the KTMBOTA last weekend, damn this thing is big. I think the Rally Raid tanks look better but I'm only $400 into this setup instead of $1,200.
IMG_1811_zpsb481d84e.jpg

IMG_1813_zps57a10129.jpg

Last edited:
Looking sharp, Oobus! :thumbup

Here's what I did last night on my 690. Valve adjustment.

NH11hN.jpg

IUtLXm.jpg

All that remains before Baja is an oil change. :party :banana

Get good at it Arron so you can teach me - another 1500 miles and I'll need to do my bike too.

It's a piece of cake on these bikes. It will take you like 60-90 minutes to check them the first time (plus maybe 30 more minutes to adjust, if necessary). Subsequent times will be really fast.

Big, Black and Gassy

Installed Safari tank on the KTMBOTA last weekend, damn this thing is big. I think the Rally Raid tanks look better but I'm only $400 into this setup instead of $1,200.
IMG_1811_zpsb481d84e.jpg

IMG_1813_zps57a10129.jpg

That bike looks like fun. Can I store some of my junk in your garage! Looks like you've got plenty of space! Jealous!:laughing

Do you mind me asking the going rate for this gem? Looks very clean and well set up (nicer than my '02, that's for sure)...
Drove a little while and picked this up.

IMAG0046-L.jpg

I won't be riding it but I'll be maintaining it. 2005 with Eric Gorr 295 kit, Rekluse auto clutch, and tasteful off-road mods. Needs nothing to go do a 60 mile ride. Owned by a 50+ enthusiast with a clean garage full of dirt bikes.

I put a tubliss and new tire on my rear rim. Then I had to go buy a torque wrench to make sure my rear wheel didn't fall off. So then I went around torquing the other bolts per the specs on Beta's website. But it was only after I snapped the sub frame to frame bolts in half I realized the specs were in nm and not ft lbs... So after I took the subframe off, replaced the bolts and put the subframe back on I realized I should have put the air boot back on first before the subframe. So off the subframe came again, reattached the air boot to the carb and put the subframe back on. Sigh...

Ouch. That sucks, man. :|

On the plus side, you have a SWEET bike. :thumbup

I finally decided to show some love to my aging bride. Tore apart all the pivots, cleaned every needle bearing, replaced and regressed. Then decided to rebuild the rear shock while I was at it. Took it completly down to the shaft and will rebuild when parts come in monday. Also added a 6.0 spring due to my fascination for beer drinking and the extra pounds it has put on since I purchased the bike in 04. The 6.0 should match the 50s I have up front and then holster here I come! ...getting ready for stonyford 2015 baby!!

Back