• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Took the RM out and got her filthy yesterday, cleaned it up today.

Tf7gQsRl.jpg

lRizheEl.jpg

oIGK4M2l.jpg

Took apart the silencer to fix a leaky seam, found the packing was saturated. I'm going to lessen, if not conquer my spooge problem.

Rough day for one of my dirty bikes today. Dropped it out of the trailer on the way to Carnegie, crashed several times at Carnegie, and have a bit of minor repair to do on it now. Derp.

DOH!!! Hope it was the KDX and not the 690! Need any help?

It was the 690. Derp. It's pretty much OK, so I went ahead and crashed few times at Carnegie. That bike is tough. :rofl

About $20 in parts and an hour or so of my time and she'll be ready to roll.

Bummer. Sorry that happened.

I rode mine…

file_zps01244f11.jpg

TiredChick

Me too, didn't drop it all day...except in the parking lot :mad. The pig required a leg lift too, no hauling it up by the bars like a real dirty bike.

16320615381_6c52124700_z.jpg

I rode mine yesterday afternoon...
Prolly this afternoon too.

Aron did you have all the straps you usually have and you bike still fell off the trailer?

Aron did you have all the straps you usually have and you bike still fell off the trailer?

I'm about 90% sure that the rear wasn't strapped-down well enough and skipped out of the rail when I hit a bump while turning. D'oh!

Oh man, scary!! Was it angry hopping all over the place?

Naw. it was on its side, still attached by the remaining straps. Aside from a slight bending of the handlebars, and grinding down of the bar end, it was fine. It did get a bit of air into the clutch line, which was a pain to deal with at Carnegie, but it didn't prevent me from riding. :ride

Took the clutch out to install a new Rekluse Z-Start Pro with new OEM plates in a new Barnett baskett with new Pro X dampers.

IMAG0049-XL.jpg

It's going to be a pain in the ass getting the primary off the stock outer basket.

IMAG0050-L.jpg

Sucks about the 690 Aaron, but it sounds like the bike made out.

I haven't been on my "little" dirt bike in months, so I spent some time cleaning out the carb on Sunday, and took her to Ballinger Canyon for a ride today.

I got a little too excited and missed the trail marker and ended up on this crazy ridge...:wow

Nice pics, Eldrick. We need to get out and ride together soon. Yeah, the 690 is essentially unscathed by my stupidity. Pretty amazing bike. I just went through it again after work today, and all is well. It's ready for Baja now. :)

Nice photos, Eldrick! Ballinger has some really fun stuff. Some of those ridge-top trails are pretty hairy with the drop-off's on both sides! :party

WoodsChick

I've never heard of Ballinger Canyon. Looks pretty spectacular. :thumbup

I think a fun DS loop could be made with Ballinger Canyon & Carizzo Plain area.

Back