• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Went on a ride, learned some new trails, hit some tough climbs. Rekluse kicked ass. Full report later.

[youtube]YPstG2P32g4[/youtube]

Replaced Suzuki factory padded 2x4 board ("seat") with a Seat Concepts seat.
Ahhh, MUCH more comfortable! And now I'm not on my "tippy toes" when I stop anymore. :thumbup

Last edited:
Rode the 200EXC up in the woods on Saturday with my wife and friends. The soil was perfect, so was the weather. Awesome riding. Brought some guns and did some shooting too. Great day.

Dirty racks heavy duty 3 piece rack kit showed up on Friday for the XRL, easy install. Rotopax compatible.

I also got a chance to ride a buddies '98 KTM 620SX. A 620 motocrosser? Left side kicker. Started easy, gobs of power. Low seat height, super fun for high speed fire road flat tracking.

attachment.php

I can't imagine riding it on a moto cross track though.....:wtf

Went out with a couple friends yesterday to Mammoth Bar and decided (being new to the place and not knowing any better) to head up River Bar to Hoosier Bar trails and had planned to go back across Squaw Flat. Well... The map stated Squaw Flat was a one way trail but neglected to mention it's direction unlike the other trails on the map that were one way... Never the less my buddy and I went with an offroad racer friend of ours and he managed to convince us/motivate us to go up Hoosier Bar (Which is a black Diamond Trail) and make it up successfully! Which was pretty intense! My 5th time out ever on a dirt bike and my buddy who rode my KX it was his second outside of the riding he did in his teens.

Side note, going down the black diamond trails is much easier than going up them.

Went out with a couple friends yesterday to Mammoth Bar and decided (being new to the place and not knowing any better) to head up River Bar to Hoosier Bar trails and had planned to go back across Squaw Flat. Well... The map stated Squaw Flat was a one way trail but neglected to mention it's direction unlike the other trails on the map that were one way... Never the less my buddy and I went with an offroad racer friend of ours and he managed to convince us/motivate us to go up Hoosier Bar (Which is a black Diamond Trail) and make it up successfully! Which was pretty intense! My 5th time out ever on a dirt bike and my buddy who rode my KX it was his second outside of the riding he did in his teens.

Side note, going down the black diamond trails is much easier than going up them.

:thumbup Good job!

I'm trying to think if I've been up that trail....been a while since I've been to Mammoth Bar. That might be a good place to ride the XRL...I'll stay off the Black Diamond trails on that beast though. Streets and fire roads only. I'll bust out the 200EXC for real dirt biking.

Thank you! I've been up and down a couple of black diamond before but nothing like this one. There is a section about eighth of a mile from the top with a rock formation in the middle of the trail and that was a good challenge I felt. All the videos I watched just don't give a good representation of how steep some of the sections actually are on the trail.

Went for a 3 hour ride Sunday and had front brake problems. Mushy at times, sticky at times, no power at times, inconsistent.

Tonight I bled it and lubed the lever pivot. Man that was a lot of air bubbles, I don't know how it got in there. Must have been the brake fluid gnomes. It feels so much better now.

After my ride I discovered a power washer will take years of grime off a wheel hub and will take dirty spooge off the engine below the exhaust. I have to be careful with that thing.

They are also great for removing all stickers and decals. Great for when you buy a bike from some squid that has put 10,000 stickers all over a bike. I was power washing my sidewalk one day and the lazer beam attachment would actually drill into the cement if you didn't keep it moving.

Careful with the power washers, they can blast all the grease out of hubs and pivot points.

I just use the hose, save my power washer for sidewalks and patios.

Power washers aren't great for electrical connections, either. I use the low pressure hose and good ol' elbow grease.

:thumbup Good job!

I'm trying to think if I've been up that trail....been a while since I've been to Mammoth Bar. That might be a good place to ride the XRL...I'll stay off the Black Diamond trails on that beast though. Streets and fire roads only. I'll bust out the 200EXC for real dirt biking.

I live in Auburn, let me know when you guys are at Mammoth, as I can be there in minutes. Would love to ride with someone new!

The black diamond trail you referenced, is it to the right as you leave the staging area? Goes up rather steep and pretty rocky? Last time i was there, we started out on that one. I was on my buddy's Husaberg 550 and the thing went up it like I was on flat ground. Probably more confidence that inspiring than I deserve..:laughing there was another trail closer to the road that was really tight and steep that I was forced to get off and redirect the bike from the ground. Lots of fun there.

I live in Auburn, let me know when you guys are at Mammoth, as I can be there in minutes. Would love to ride with someone new!

The black diamond trail you referenced, is it to the right as you leave the staging area? Goes up rather steep and pretty rocky? Last time i was there, we started out on that one. I was on my buddy's Husaberg 550 and the thing went up it like I was on flat ground. Probably more confidence that inspiring than I deserve..:laughing there was another trail closer to the road that was really tight and steep that I was forced to get off and redirect the bike from the ground. Lots of fun there.

Yup, you go up River Bar and it follows along the river there and ends where Hoosier Bar and I think it is Grizzly. Was pretty intense for me being a newer rider.

Today I torn down a 510 motor to see the extent of the damage

Missing Rocker Arm and Shim

16453738265_f60c45c092.jpg

Nice little piece of treasure found down in the head bolt hole

16266040028_cb75416868.jpg

Then the head comes off:

16451993461_b7f761cd3c.jpg

And it gets worse

16267488989_70db60a2a8.jpg

Where are the valves?

16267832577_b741518393.jpg

Found one!

16266037668_0298c77742.jpg

This is a better angle

16453737965_8fa724ee4a.jpg

Cylinder looks surprisingly good

16266040108_47b8a96950.jpg

Two marks from the broken valves

16451992801_5701fcce77.jpg

15831218124_cffd76eebd.jpg

So...how has your day been? :)

Wow bummer. That doesn't look like a cheap fix. What happened?

Wow bummer. That doesn't look like a cheap fix. What happened?

Candidly it's probably not a fix, more put out to pasture.

I bought the bike as a parts bike with a seized engine. I was hoping the damage is less extensive, but now it looks like I'm gonna have to part out the rest of the bike to try to break even.

Back