• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

:thumbup

What year is the 300EXC ?

It's a 1993, but it is out of commission until I get around to sending off the jug for re-plating. :laughing

My KDX is running like a champ and has brand new tires on it, waiting to be thrashed. :party

Here's what my 690 looks like as of this morning (post-Baja tear-down and refresher project).

dlGJQq.jpg

Got the kid back out on the xr100! Today we were just on the street in front of our house. It's got a nice slope to it so we just had him coasting down a bunch of times to get used to the weight of the bike. It was a great start for him.

Last edited:
Here are some pics. His Perry hat is dot I swear.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

I would have sentenced a bus full of nuns to death for one of those when I was his age!

:laughing

gasser project

I got the major smashes out of my gasser's pipe yesterday. Tomorrow I'm taking the pipe to a friend's shop to use his better torches to get the rest of the dings/dents out. I've removed the un-neaded/extra wiring to eliminate potential snags. Next thing is to re-seal the forks. I'm hoping to start on setting up the suspension next week, if I don't need springs. I will be doing more water-proofing too.:afm199:ride:party

Today I twiddled with my new bikes suspension, after 2.3 rides. You guys aren't going to believe this, but it makes a big difference...:laughing It was FAR from what I needed.

Then installed a new Michelin Star cross on the front to replace the stock OEM 2007 nearly new, POS that came on the bike.

Rode it around my buddies property a bit, and the thing turns now, so its off to Georgetown on Thursday.

I got the major smashes out of my gasser's pipe yesterday. Tomorrow I'm taking the pipe to a friend's shop to use his better torches to get the rest of the dings/dents out. I've removed the un-neaded/extra wiring to eliminate potential snags. Next thing is to re-seal the forks. I'm hoping to start on setting up the suspension next week, if I don't need springs. I will be doing more water-proofing too.:afm199:ride:party

Terry I used to fill my pipes with water then seal them off tightly and freeze them, the water would expand as it froze and pop out the dents, of course multiple times are required for severe dents.:thumbup

Terry I used to fill my pipes with water then seal them off tightly and freeze them, the water would expand as it froze and pop out the dents, of course multiple times are required for severe dents.:thumbup

Any suggestions on how to seal the ends tight enough to hold?

Since the ends of a 2 stroke pipe are smaller than the middle, it doesn't have to hold all that much pressure. I imagine taping it up might be enough. The skinny ends will freeze before the fat middle, and act as plugs.

Since the ends of a 2 stroke pipe are smaller than the middle, it doesn't have to hold all that much pressure. I imagine taping it up might be enough. The skinny ends will freeze before the fat middle, and act as plugs.

:thumbup

I used to whittle down a wine cork for the small end and tape a racquet ball on the other end. Secret is to cork one side first then make sure all are bubble are out and make sure it's full, then keep an eye on it making sure it doesn't split the pipe at the welds.

great idea. :thumbup

Good stuff on the smoker pipes!

690 update: My steering head bearings arrived today, so I whacked out the old ones and pressed on the new ones. So many more things to do, but at least that's one thing down. :thumbup

Awesome! Gonna be ready for the sheet iron? Just reserved my room. WOOT!

I may not be available for the sheet iron this year. Hell, I probably already missed the registration. The bike should be ready to rock in a week or two, though.

Edit: just checked and I am considering signing up (come April). Hmm..... PM inbound, Daniel.

Last edited:
Lowes sells multiple expandable pipe-plugs that seal air-tight (up to 60psi anyway) and don't worry if the dents are still in it after the pipe is frozen, the ice does it's job as it thaws.:afm199:ride:party

What? I would have expected it to mostly do it's job when it freezes. That's interesting.

Back