• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

2sys, are your handguards mounted to the bars on the inside or are they mounted to the triple clamp?

I cleaned the air filter and replace the front and rear brake fluid on the CR250. I peeled off all the shitty looking graffics that were on it yesterday. I looked at the chain and sprockets too and there hammered, I ordered front and rear sprockets as well as a roller chain.

Oops.
Sold it. The RMX, anyhow...
To a barfer...

Who's the lucky$#$% that got the plated 2t? Seriously jelly!! That must have been tough to let go of Butch.

2sys, are your handguards mounted to the bars on the inside or are they mounted to the triple clamp?
Bar mount, Cycra licensed. Here's a pic of the Zetas on my other Yamaha...

RAMmount-XL.jpg

I've heard that mounting them to the triples makes them less prone to moving around.

Mine are mounted to the triples and I like it so much more gooder. I was wondering if it would affect rigidity, but I didn't notice anything.

Got a friend's '93 DR350S that has been not running and sitting in their garage going today. Process of elimination...getting air? Getting spark? Getting fuel? And learning to use that whacky compression lever to kick start! After some trial and error, plus removing, disassembling, and cleaning the carb, got her going! Feels good to get an old bike running.

Nice! Those are fun do anything bikes.

I installed new front and rear sprockets and a roller chain yesterday. Took it to Metcalf today and noticed the front brake hose was on the outside of the fork so I pulled the caliper and rerouted the hose to the inside. This bike is so much fun and it rolls right through the black diamonds.

BALACED my knobbies. (street legal)

Nothing can stop me now. I was afraid the spoke weights would get loose, but after going up and down middle creek/penny pines i have confidence in them now.

Re-welded the kickstand onto my cr250. Also replaced the spring I was using with a more appropriate one from an xr650r. Much better! Got the chain all cleaned up and adjusted. Hoping to get some paint on the kickstand today in preparation for Stonyford. My ribs still are hurting from a crash a couple weeks ago so hoping I'm feeling better by next week or I'm going to be sticking to the green trails and fire roads. :thumbdown

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing you in Stony, Daniel. I hope your ribs are feeling better by then. It took me a few weeks after Baja to feel whole again.

Hoping to put my 690 back together this weekend. Hope I remember where everything goes. :laughing

I wrote it a couple of biggish checks and brought home an older brother for it to play with.

Back