• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Might have gone a little too far last night...I de-riveted the airbox to clean the gunk at the bottom. :|

Found my rim was cracked while changing the tire, but I bought a new 18" rim, spokes, and truing stand a while ago...guess I'll be giving that a go!

Yeah, plus the majority of the rear spokes were all seized up, so I've had replacement parts lying around for a while. Just finished getting the bike back together. I got a big fatty 18" tire now, it looks sweet! Lacing/truing wasn't so bad and that was my first one. I watched the videos below a few times and it got me through. I think it helps quite a bit to start with a new/straight rim and get the nipples (hehe) started very evenly. Once it came time to start tightening, I didn't have any significant radial/axial wobble. I made several small axial truing adjustments during the tightening phase took it slow. Getting all the spokes started was the hardest part. It was kind of awkward finagling them all around. I'll have to do the front at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBEXq2dGnU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCQtuGfz3c8

Awesome, byke. I've never laced a wheel either. Glad to hear it wasn't all that bad.

As for what I did today: I painted most of my 690 Enduro plastics blue. Why? Why not?

I'd like to try one, but I don't *think* I'd like it overall. And I do try not to dig ditches, but... :laughing

Fixed a blown front tube on the husky and almost done with a new topend for the cr. Enjoyed some chaulk bluff twisties with the little nephew today....progressing fast:thumbup

Whaaaaaaaat? I was at Chalk Bluff today! I did see one Husky, was the nephew on a TTR? I was a couple/few trucks down from you with the white f150 and white honda. My buddy was on a klx300. I saw your nephew start wandering off into the woods and you were all "GET BACK HERE". :laughing

Last edited:
Yea that was me...that was my second time there, since finding the trails finally. In the past we camped at river rest in Washington and couldn't find the burtington trails after coming up omega rd...just the trail that goes to the lookout then turns non motorized arcross the st.

Yeah, that entire area is really confusing and poorly marked. Did you talk to the rangers? Couple of nice guys, they were saying how you can ride to Washington from the staging area, but the map is a complete mess. They were saying that many of what looks like dead ends are just shown as dead ends because they technically cross private property, but that you can just keep on trail without worry. I live fairly close by to that area and really need to pick up another dual sport to explore. I was talking to my buddy about dual sporting out there and then heading out by Bowman Lake for some moto camping...maybe a little summer barf thing is in order?

Yea..I talked to the older ranger for awhile, my nephew got hella mad:laughing. I think everytime I see that guy we have a 30min + conversation....wish there were more like him ,a rider working for riders.
Down out of Washington there is a lot of fire roads across the river if that is your thing and possibly a fun single track dual sport type ride that goes along up river that I've seen a trail report on...just need to find it online again to get a gpx or some type of directions.

Yeah, that entire area is really confusing and poorly marked. Did you talk to the rangers? Couple of nice guys, they were saying how you can ride to Washington from the staging area, but the map is a complete mess. They were saying that many of what looks like dead ends are just shown as dead ends because they technically cross private property, but that you can just keep on trail without worry. I live fairly close by to that area and really need to pick up another dual sport to explore. I was talking to my buddy about dual sporting out there and then heading out by Bowman Lake for some moto camping...maybe a little summer barf thing is in order?

I'd be in for this! We try to get up to Lake Faucherie every year or so. There is even a group site there. Could be an awesome spot for a barf campout.

Lake Faucherie group camp would be perfect, but it looks like it's all booked up through summer, save for a couple/few days during the week.

Lake Faucherie group camp would be perfect, but it looks like it's all booked up through summer, save for a couple/few days during the week.

Yeah when ever we have gotten that site we had to book it well in advance. Its an awesome spot though.

Back