• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Very cool! Congrats! I'll these "new" bikes are making me itchy! I better pay my taxes before I go buy something!

That 406 is TEMPTING. I love big bore smokers. OK, I love all smokers. :laughing

You'll shoot your eye out kid ;)

I want to have a Baja Redux with bikes that have a total of <$2200 purchase, reg, and whatever it needs to make it go :laughing

Sort of a dirty Baja dirtbag if you will

I want to have a Baja Redux with bikes that have a total of <$2200 purchase, reg, and whatever it needs to make it go :laughing

I'd be up for that. I could toss lights onto my KDX. :teeth

Did you see the 260lq?

You'll shoot your eye out kid ;)

If we can bump that up a few hundred the xrr will qualify.:thumbup

Did you see the 260lq?

Yup. :drool

So many fun toys, so little spare cash (and garage space). :laughing

Speaking of toys, I got the 690 about 80% back together yesterday. Today, I will finish (hopefully) and take it for a little test ride. :banana
Fresh bearings/seals top to bottom. Loctite on damn near everything (learned that lesson the hard way in Baja). Rebuilt suspension (thanks, Super Plush). This thing is going to be PERFECT!

Last edited:
Yup. :drool

So many fun toys, so little spare cash (and garage space). :laughing

Speaking of toys, I got the 690 about 80% back together yesterday. Today, I will finish (hopefully) and take it for a little test ride. :banana
Fresh bearings/seals top to bottom. Loctite on damn near everything (learned that lesson the hard way in Baja). Rebuilt suspension (thanks, Super Plush). This thing is going to be PERFECT!

Awesome! If you want to drop it off in Crockett for a second opinion on how awesome it is feel free. :teeth

Awesome! If you want to drop it off in Crockett for a second opinion on how awesome it is feel free. :teeth

You are one of the few people to whom I would loan the 690. If you a everwant to borrow it, just ask. :thumbup

Finished re-assembling the 690 today and took it for a spin. Even in a short putt around on the street I could feel the difference in the suspension. I think that Super Plush did a solid job. Looking forward to testing it out offroad soon!

One minor oopsie:
The last thing on the list of things to do was change the oil. I drained it and pulled both filters. I grabbed the box of parts that I ordered online, which had three pairs of filters (the 690 requires two different size filters (HF-155 and 157). I ordered a different brand this time, from Rockymountatv.com, and hadn't looked closely at them prior to today. Well, the short filter was correct, but the long one wasn't right. Irritated, I installed the short one and managed to overtighten one of the bolts, stripping the receiving threads. Damnit! :mad

So, now the bike is in the garage until Tuesday when I can get an oil filter. I'll be installing a helicoil in the stripped threads. Derp. So close. I was SO close to having my bike back. *sigh*

Bummer about the stipped threads but you're really close to having your bike back in awesome shape. I'm glad youre happy with the suspension too as I'm sure that wasn't inexpensive!

Yeah, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Just embarrassing, since I am always really careful not to overtighten things. Derp. :laughing

Changed the oil, replaced grips and cleaned the throttle tube and housing on the CR250. This is about it for maintenance for the Stony trip. The PO used RTV black silicone to secure the grips and it got underneath the throttle tube making it sticky, what were they thinking.

Brought it home Monday,

Cleaned the air box, and put in new No-toil pre oiled filter. I'm starting fresh...

Tried to see how the PO managed to set the brake light always on and see that I need a new tail light assembly because he got a little "creative" with it...

Decided it was time for a little maintenance. I cleaned/greased the kicker and rear brake (loves me some buttery smoove parts), then moved onto the linkage and found a bearing race with some issues, sooo off to Motosport I suppose. Will also pick up some new socks and a couple filters as well. Tomorrow I'll clean/grease the steering bearings and replace the rear tire. 50hrs since full rebuild and no issues, so that's nice. :)

Got her filthy dirty, both of em! First time to Forest Hill! Than I washed em...

keT8ioC.jpg

eXBa98i.jpg

n8LB8rQ.jpg

GOpfgjS.jpg

Last edited:
^^Cool, a first gen crf450r, that's my steed as well. Good bikes, especially for bigger doods. Clean the filter every ride and stay off the limiter and the valves will treat you well.

Back