• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

got it dirty...

11173340_10206351298090859_6338879149317440223_n.jpg

I looked at mine gathering dust in the garage :(

BrokenChick

Can't be too much longer 'til you are UnbrokenChick, yes?

Can't be too much longer 'til you are UnbrokenChick, yes?

Yeah, I guess so, but it feels like for-frikkin'-ever. I'd just be happy to be able to walk normally, much less ride my bike.

AlmostThereChick

^^^^^
OOOOH!
Aftermarket sight glass!!
Neato!

Apparently you should read the manual when refreshing a topend....totally missed that mess and didn't think of the connection to the case for the power valve...ended bending and cracking the keyway.

Apparently you should read the manual when refreshing a topend....totally missed that mess and didn't think of the connection to the case for the power valve...ended bending and cracking the keyway.
After you clean that mess, you can start using Motul for premix. It leaves the PV area so clean you can eat from it.

Crappy pic, but I just put all of the freshly painted bits back on the bike, replaced the handlebars, and installed better handguards on the 690.

RfYJdZ.jpg

I think it's my right side crank seal causing my spooge.

I went to pressure test last night but couldn't build pressure in the cylinder as it was escaping right out of a vent tube below the exhaust port. I think this is a tranny vent tube.

vhc69oil.jpg

pQtpD7yl.jpg

TtEsRqTl.jpg

Zj8hkpTl.jpg

Crappy pic, but I just put all of the freshly painted bits back on the bike, replaced the handlebars, and installed better handguards on the 690.

RfYJdZ.jpg

Looks good.:thumbup Now you just need to spell GO!!!!! On the faring and everyone will think you have a 950 Adventure.

I went to pressure test last night but couldn't build pressure in the cylinder as it was escaping right out of a vent tube below the exhaust port. I think this is a tranny vent tube.
Eh, you gotta plug holes to test pressure. This worked for me:

PV%20vent%20plug-L.jpg

RfYJdZ.jpg

Looking good! Now you need new gear to match the new hotness. :thumbup

:laughing it only looks good from a distance. Here are a few more shots, taken this morning on my way to work. I did almost no surface prep and even sprayed over existing stickers and such. I figure I toss it down in the dirt often enough that it doesn't really matter. :laughing

CpezUy.jpg

YxI8p0.jpg

lzKlcZ.jpg

EKrUCp.jpg

:laughing it only looks good from a distance. Here are a few more shots, taken this morning on my way to work. I did almost no surface prep and even sprayed over existing stickers and such. I figure I toss it down in the dirt often enough that it doesn't really matter. :laughing

CpezUy.jpg

YxI8p0.jpg

lzKlcZ.jpg

EKrUCp.jpg

:thumbup

CpezUy.jpg

YxI8p0.jpg

lzKlcZ.jpg

EKrUCp.jpg

Aaron, I suspected you had Yamaha envy. I know my Yamaha looks pretty. But blue paint doesnt make a YZ. Its still a pumpkin.... :twofinger

As long as the dude abides, all is good! I especially like the front fender only painted on one side too! :thumbup

Last edited:
Back