• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I just want to be like you in every way, CJ. How can you blame me?

Daniel, if there is one constant about The Dude, it is that he abides. :thumbup

Damn you are hardcore off road, that looks like a trials tire on the rear...

Awesome pic, CJ.

Oobus, it's a Motoz Mountain Hybrid. So far i like it, but I haven't ridden it much.

Eh, you gotta plug holes to test pressure. This worked for me:

PV%20vent%20plug-L.jpg
Huh, I never would have imagined that a 2 stroke would have a crankcase vent... wouldn't that be a vacuum leak like anything else not sealed? It would suck dirty air too I think.

Huh, I never would have imagined that a 2 stroke would have a crankcase vent... wouldn't that be a vacuum leak like anything else not sealed? It would suck dirty air too I think.

Power valve vent, not crankcase. You have to plug them to pressure test. I use a bolt and small hose clamp. Guess screw driver works too.....

Spent some time working on the cr250 today. I got the larger capacity tank to fit after some fiddling and suspected I had a leaking crank shaft seal on the left side so opened it up. Yup it's leaking. Ordered both sides and the clutch release arm seal too and will get this handled ASAP.

Also will be ordering new tires today. Going with Pirelli mt21 front and mt43 rear. Hope I like the trial tire!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Giving that thing some TLC. Love it, Daniel.
I finally got around to putting my Lanesplitters and Baja stickers on the 690. Pics later.

It's not really my dirty bike but I did take the beast on a few loops at Hollister Hills today.
Dropped tire pressure to a little less than 20psi and it did surprisingly good.
Doesn't wheelie (just tire spin) and it takes a lot more distance to stop once clipping along.

IMG_8157 sm crp.jpg

Maybe next time I will throw the knobbies on it. Then the front end should get some air.

My 450 EXC would have seen more difficult trails (and whellied easily) but with the 950 I was able to ride it to Hollister Hills!

I may or may not have just ordered a Rekluse for my 690 enduro. :teeth

I may or may not have just ordered a Rekluse for my 690 enduro. :teeth

Now you are going to need a left hand rear brake!

I'll be interested to see how well you like it, been interested in these for some time!

The one for the 690 retains the clutch lever, but I may add a left hand rear brake in the relatively near future. I figure I'll get used to one new thing at a time. It only added $10 to have it shipped two-day, so I'll have it on Wed. I plan to install it and test it a little bit before the Sheetiron. Fingers crossed that it is as awesome as everyone says it is.

Nice Aaron! Cant believe the sheetiron is almost here! Woot!

The one for the 690 retains the clutch lever, but I may add a left hand rear brake in the relatively near future. I figure I'll get used to one new thing at a time. It only added $10 to have it shipped two-day, so I'll have it on Wed. I plan to install it and test it a little bit before the Sheetiron. Fingers crossed that it is as awesome as everyone says it is.

Congrat's Aaron, definitely spend some time with it before a big ride. They can be finicky to dial in. I had one on my husky and took it off after a few months, I just didn't like the feel of it. Curious to see what you think of it.

Congrat's Aaron, definitely spend some time with it before a big ride. They can be finicky to dial in. I had one on my husky and took it off after a few months, I just didn't like the feel of it. Curious to see what you think of it.

I remember you telling me about that. I'll definitely tinker around with it as much as possible before the SI. If I don't feel comfortable on it, I'll re-install the stock clutch pack/slave and mess with the autoclutch after the event. I bet I'll like it, though. I rode my friend Drew's 300 smoker with an autoclutch a couple of years back and really enjoyed it. We'll see how I like it on the big bike.

Back