• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

I might be up for some riding on Sat. I'll have to check in with the boss, but I haven't ridden the xrr since my get off in Knoxville so might be a good idea to go play! My ribs are still feeling a bit funky, but the pain is gone at least.

That would be fun! I'll be there with Adam (Pelon here on BARF). I'll probably only stick around from around 8-11 or maybe noon. Need to save some tread for the SI, after all. :laughing

I hear that. Still on my baja tires and they are definitely gonna be done after the sheetiron.

I think I'm a bigger douche with the throttle, as my rear tire was damn near a slick after Baja. :laughing

I think I'm a bigger douche with the throttle, as my rear tire was damn near a slick after Baja. :laughing

And perforated too from what I remember! :laughing:twofinger

Probably jinxing myself now! Can I borrow your tire spoons? :laughing

Karma is a cruel mistress, my friend! :mad

:laughing
Yeah, it was a bit swiss cheese-esque...

New spark arrestor for the 250 XC-W. We rode Forest Hill yesterday and today I washed it.

U6910030_375x201.jpg

Nice looking can, Deftone. :thumbup

Tested out the Rekluse on the 690 today. Spent a bit of time derping around Carnegie and got a feel for the thing. Overall, I am pretty stoked. It performed quite well. I did have a bit of a tumble down some rocks and managed to smash my cell phone (it was in my camel bak). Good times. :thumbup

Nice looking can, Deftone. :thumbup

Tested out the Rekluse on the 690 today. Spent a bit of time derping around Carnegie and got a feel for the thing. Overall, I am pretty stoked. It performed quite well. I did have a bit of a tumble down some rocks and managed to smash my cell phone (it was in my camel bak). Good times. :thumbup

Dang hope that was all that got broke!

Pulled it out of storage because there's a 100 percent chance of rain tonight.

Are you back in action? How was it out there? Seems like there was a lot more precipitation from this system to the South than up towards Reno.

I went on a little dual sport ride today up to Henness Pass. It was still a lot more dusty than I thought with all the recent precip. The Tiger got a flat so I had to plug it, abort the mission, and limp home.

Yes it does. Seen it first hand now a couple times. Still can't get that picture of you and the bike going horizontal out of Comondu.

Left side seal

MrkNveEl.jpg

Back of the stator

hrA5ILql.jpg

Right side bearing, notice the oil build up in the splines too. Does that look like rust to you guys? (full size of image below: http://i.imgur.com/43hwSbl.jpg

I've never split cases before, but it looks like I might have to replace this bearing.

43hwSbll.jpg

Yes it does. Seen it first hand now a couple times. Still can't get that picture of you and the bike going horizontal out of Comondu.

I REALLY wish I had video of that. It was definitely one of my better crashes. :party

MSFIT: Ouch, man. That sucks. Look at it as a learning experience and freshen-up everything else as you go.

I REALLY wish I had video of that. It was definitely one of my better crashes. :party

I'm glad there isn't video because it would have captured the tip over and leg pinning of me and my subsequent cries for help, as superman, I mean anytwowilldo saved both of us. :rofl

Are you back in action? How was it out there? Seems like there was a lot more precipitation from this system to the South than up towards Reno.
Sort of. No rain here but I rode the XR100 to ease myself back into it. That thing is a hoot. You don't even notice deep sand. Come flying into a turn knowing full well you are too fast and slide the front, maybe both, XR100 doesn't care. It has a small oil leak which I hope is the o-ring in the filler cap, seems to be coming from around there. Or the clutch arm.

I spent some time on the KX300. The autoclutch is out of adjustment and the owner is not happy with it stalling. It also doesn't help that it's jetted a little fat in the warmer weather.

I'm glad there isn't video because it would have captured the tip over and leg pinning of me and my subsequent cries for help, as superman, I mean anytwowilldo saved both of us. :rofl

That would be GREAT to have on video, too. :laughing
Tom really is Superman. Ah, to be young and energetic again. :p

Put a 52 tooth sprocket on the XC-W.

I also mounted my GPS steering damper, stoked the my old 200 EXC mounting hardware bolted right up to the new bike.

Back