• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Spent several hours at the dmv getting the untitled trials bike titled and registered. Took a while but got out with my green sticker! Woot!

Yes Michigan Bluff, I would be interested in riding the entire section. I have only gone as far as the water pump which is not that far past trail 6.

Today I moved some stuff around in the garage, as it is transitioning into a proper bike work area. This week I'll set up the lift.

Then I sat next to my bike and had to explain to it that the wife took the truck and we couldn't go for a spin today. So I used up that energy detailing what should have been getting dirtier. :(

Yes Michigan Bluff, I would be interested in riding the entire section. I have only gone as far as the water pump which is not that far past trail 6.

I would too! I get 50mi per tank at the absolute max, so that might be pushing it a bit, but could probably swing it if I coasted all the downhills. Wanna set something up? I can maybe head up sometime during the week and stage us a couple gas cans? Perhaps week after next? I wanna do that Rubicon trip on Wednesday...

Today I moved some stuff around in the garage, as it is transitioning into a proper bike work area. This week I'll set up the lift.

Then I sat next to my bike and had to explain to it that the wife took the truck and we couldn't go for a spin today. So I used up that energy detailing what should have been getting dirtier. :(

Mace Mill tomorrow at 9am, make it happen. :p

I get a similar range on my tank. If it is just going to be the WST then it should be a fairly easy ride. Let me take a look at the calendar and I'll pm you to set something up.

You should definitely post up a ride report for the Rubicon.

Last edited:
I would too! I get 50mi per tank at the absolute max, so that might be pushing it a bit, but could probably swing it if I coasted all the downhills. Wanna set something up? I can maybe head up sometime during the week and stage us a couple gas cans? Perhaps week after next? I wanna do that Rubicon trip on Wednesday...

Dude, I'm MARRIED.

:teeth

So your saying you'll be there one way or the other? Its about to pour here, probably raining already up by you. Might be muddy, I just finished polishing...:laughing.

Nothing better than making a clean bike really dirty!

Will they run speedway in the rain? I'd go see that...

Well shoot...that plan *was* to be there one way or the other. We got a little hail earlier and it's sprinkling right now, but maybe I should check the weather! ...okay, checked the weather...wunderground says 60% chance and 0.12 inches, so yes, I will be there at 9am unless it's crazy when I get up in the morning.

Speedway would be sweet! Would they cancel with a little rain? Blue groove is like ice when wet, good for spectators, but...lol.

Just about done doing a complete rebuild on the motor in my 2002 cr250. Rebuilt the bottom, top, all new oem gaskets, oil seals, bearings, and had the jug honed. Time to tune the engine and break it in. Then send the suspension to factory connection to get built up for the ultimate woods bike.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 77

byke,
We were just there the other day, still pretty good conditions, getting dusty but pretty moist down in the southeast areas. We found some new trails & they're nice. Let us know how it goes. I just checked & they got some rain, it will be too nice!!

Hey byke, its crunch time if I'm going to meet you there, still going?

You're out loading the truck aren't you...:laughing

Edit - running late, thought I had gas...

Last edited:
Spent several hours at the dmv getting the untitled trials bike titled and registered. Took a while but got out with my green sticker! Woot!

Hell yes! Can't wait to see that thing in action.

Hell yes! Can't wait to see that thing in action.

Aaron sell a kidney and go buy one of these thing omfg they are so much fun!! Just got back from Carnagie. I played around in the trials area which I had never seen before and was able to go over some small obstacles like rocks and telephone poles like they weren't even there. Front wheel lofts effortlessly and this is coming from a guy who doesnt really ever loft the front wheel intentionally. This thing is definitely going to improve my trail riding but once I resolve a few ergonomic issues I may never ride my trail bike again. Seriously the trials bike is that much fun! Really looking forward to getting some instruction and learning how to ride this thing. The wr250 motor is awesome too. But then again I may need to find a 2t trials bike as well. :laughing
IMG_0673.jpg

Last edited:
Just about done doing a complete rebuild on the motor in my 2002 cr250. Rebuilt the bottom, top, all new oem gaskets, oil seals, bearings, and had the jug honed. Time to tune the engine and break it in. Then send the suspension to factory connection to get built up for the ultimate woods bike.
Did you correct the squish clearance? Best $40 I ever spent.

Daniel,

That thing looks awesome. I've only watched people ride trials bikes and they look like a blast. I can't wait to see you in action on it.

I wish! The bike ran flawlessly but needs a rear tire.

Nice Mark, You have been chasing that demon for a while now.

A neighbor bought a late 80s Yamaha dual sport that ran terribly and made the header glow. It was the same problem -the CDI was going south.

The owners manual doesnt have a test procedure for the CDI so it can make it difficult to figure out. I tapped it with something when it wouldnt start then it fired right up. Im glad its figured out.

Daniel your trials bike is sick! Thanks for posting a pic.

Nice trials bike there Daniel! That thing looks super cool..

I messed around in the garage a little today on the XR.

Worked on the dash a little.. Added the Vapor a week ago, but now I added a GPS and mounted up my roll-chart box. Also mounted my RotoPax so I can get a little more range for the Doc Wong ride I'm taking in a few weeks. I need to get a bigger tank.. I also got my cheap wider foot pegs mounted up.

Last edited:
The owners manual doesnt have a test procedure for the CDI so it can make it difficult to figure out. I tapped it with something when it wouldnt start then it fired right up. Im glad its figured out.

:thumbup I'll be ready for some dual sporting when I get my shock back. In the interim, two smoker time.

Daniel, I have officially put you on my ingnore list. :twofinger :thumbdown :laughing

I dont like trials bikes. I dont ever want to try a trials bike. A trials bike will not improve my riding skills. I dont need to look at craigslist for a trials bike. Trials bikes are for sissy's who listen to Techno and wear fluorescent colored back packs. I dont like people who ride trials bikes. And lastly but most importantly, there is no where to carry a machinist's file. :ride

Last edited:
:thumbup I'll be ready for some dual sporting when I get my shock back. In the interim, two smoker time.

Daniel, I have officially put you on my ingnore list. :twofinger :thumbdown :laughing

I dont like trials bikes. I dont ever want to try a trials bike. A trials bike will not improve my riding skills. I dont need to look at craigslist for a trials bike. Trials bikes are for sissy's who listen to Techno and wear fluorescent colored back packs. I dont like people who ride trials bikes. And lastly but most importantly, there is no where to carry a machinist's file. :ride

:laughing

:thumbup

+1

Back