• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

There was an old ty350 in Truckee, on reno cl last week for $400. Might still be there.

Of course I looked... not there anymore. :thumbdown I was ready to blow off the Chateau de Redneck roofing job if needed.

I do not need a trials bike. A trials bike will not improve my skills. I do not look manly in spandex......

Of course I looked... not there anymore. :thumbdown I was ready to blow off the Chateau de Redneck roofing job if needed.

I do not need a trials bike. A trials bike will not improve my skills. I do not look manly in spandex......

I still have the craigslist alert set up so if I see any deals I'll let you know. Since I got the green sticker I'll bring it on the next Stonyford trip and you are welcome to take it for a spin, but only if you wear spandex and the pink flabongo.

Last edited:
Since I got the green sticker I'll bring it on the next Stonyford trip

FYI BLM land doesn't follow the sticker thing, that's only OHV SRVA. I've found I bring my trials bike just about every time I bring the dirt bikes. It's easy to do and fun to have around camp...

The link you posted only says you have to have a reg (green or red) but not that BLM land has a restricted season. If you follow the embed to the red sticker season it only talks about OHV/SVRA like I stated, says nothing about how that applies to BLM land.

From all the folks I've talked to /rode with, on BLM you're good to go with either at any time of the year.

Interesting. I stand corrected. At least there are a lot of spots that are year round for red stickers. I don't really care, as mine are all green or plated. :teeth

Mine are all green and plated too so its a non issue with me. I just dont want anyone to get a ticket because of "hear say".

l6qu9-the-more-rainbow-knows.jpg

Installed china oversize radiators and silicone hoses. Fingers crossed. :)

ytTo55y.jpg

Well I'll be damned, don't ride most of those spots so the issue never came up. Even though I mostly ride green stickers that was a good list Saltwater.

Got out on the trials bike this afternoon. I rode on private property so stickers not an issue!:afm199 It was super fun and got some instruction too. Mostly doing figure eights and balancing stuff but we also worked on my bike setup a bit as well. I'm really pleased with were we got with it, but still have to do some adjustment on the clutch. I felt like I was starting to get the feel of tight figure eights and getting my body in the right position to keep the bike balanced while going super slow in circles. Also did some off camber turns which were significantly more difficult. It time to invest in some proper trials boots now as its tough to be delicate with the rear brake in motocross boots.

I read tons about them on thumpertalk and didn't see anything really negative other than 'minor fitting required'. No leaks, no failures, no overheating, so I decided to give them a go. I had to trim a couple hoses, which was no biggie, but there were a few things I didn't like so much.

I read that the Works Connection braces bolted right up, which they weren't even close, but ten minutes with a dead blow and they were back in business.

Second is that the radiator cap is too damn tight, but I found a spare one lying around that fits acceptably.

Third is that the piece the cap threads onto isn't correctly located with the opening in the top of the radiator so you're not looking straight into the radiator, you're looking at 3/4 of a moon.

Last complaint is that the tube on the top of the right radiator isn't mandrel bent, so it's at least 50% collapsed, but it's just the little crossover equalizer so it should be fine.

Rode Georgetown today and then washed the bike. It was pretty hot out there and the radiators/hoses performed well. The highest I saw the little temp sticker on the cylinder get was 203°F, which is pretty darn good, though I have no clue if it actually went higher. I suppose I should get the temp doohickey for the trailtech speedo. Did have one minor problem with the new in-frame coolant reservoir, the npt fittings were a little leaky. I'll pull them and put some PST on there and that should be the end of my cooling woes. Also boiled the rear brake fluid and need to change that. Dusty as sin out there, highlight was definitely hanging out in the creek.

New windscreen

Put a Laminar "B-King" windscreen on the DR650. But I haven't been able to test it yet. :ride

I installed a fresh Maxxis Dessert IT on the XR today. These tires are a pain in the ass to install but well worth the effort when it comes to traction.

Back