• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Lunchbox.... He could show up at the bar in a skin tight one piece lycra speed suite, feathers wrapped around his neck, sucking on a lollypop, and listening to Britney Spears... and I would STILL buy him a shot of Jager. Cuz he doesnt ride a trials bike. It just isnt manly.... :rofl

:laughing

Dude I drive a Subaru brat. I'm totally secure in my manliness! Trials bike in the back of the brat I'm heading to chez redneck for a techno dance party!

Luckily you don't need to improve your dirt skills. Some of us have to cheat with bikes that weigh 175lbs and can climb walls like a gecko. :twofinger

Sweet looking ride, Daniel! What make/model is it? I'm guessing a Sherco because of the motor?

Went brap brap'in with sm610 at Georgetown today and had a blast.
x8FGgHy.gif

Sweet looking ride, Daniel! What make/model is it? I'm guessing a Sherco because of the motor?

Went brap brap'in with sm610 at Georgetown today and had a blast.
x8FGgHy.gif

It was great, and it looks like we missed another downpour after we left.

Again soon!

Its a scorpa sy250fr. I picked it up a few days ago after a month long ocd craigslist search. I'm really glad the hunt is over because I was getting a little more manic than usual with this one!:laughing

FYI, 175 lbs for a trials bike is heavy.....155-160 is the norm, I think the Ossa is 153.
You gotta' move around a bunch so the tight pants keep you from snagging....I didn't believe it until I got some. Not day glow but still feels weird putting them on.

Don't ever try trials, we have enough people in tights around here already....stick with the chest protector and if you really need to lace it up like a bustier.

FYI, 175 lbs for a trials bike is heavy.....155-160 is the norm, I think the Ossa is 153.
You gotta' move around a bunch so the tight pants keep you from snagging....I didn't believe it until I got some. Not day glow but still feels weird putting them on.

Don't ever try trials, we have enough people in tights around here already....stick with the chest protector and if you really need to lace it up like a bustier.

I was wrong on the weight. Manual claims 75kg for the longride which is 165 but mine doesn't have all the misc stuff like lights and gauges etc. It's got a massive steel exhaust pipe too. I imagine this thing could lose some weight easily but it's not the latest and greatest, that's for sure. Still weighs less than anything I've ridden as an adult so I'm pretty happy.

Cj is a known no-gatt trouble maker. He uses a bottle of jäger for a chest protector and a pink flabongo as a helmet and his moto flip flops are the stuff of legend. :laughing

I was wrong on the weight. Manual claims 75kg for the longride which is 165 but mine doesn't have all the misc stuff like lights and gauges etc. It's got a massive steel exhaust pipe too. I imagine this thing could lose some weight easily but it's not the latest and greatest, that's for sure. Still weighs less than anything I've ridden as an adult so I'm pretty happy.

Cj is a known no-gatt trouble maker. He uses a bottle of jäger for a chest protector and a pink flabongo as a helmet and his moto flip flops are the stuff of legend. :laughing

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Sig line worthy stuff, right there. :laughing

2strokeYardSale

Yes the squish problem has been addressed and corrected now. Just waiting on the weather to cool off a bit before i break it in.

Just looked at it. It is in need of some new rubber. The rear tire is smoked after 1,000 miles in Baja a trip to Stony and the Sheetiron. Those Maxxis ITs can take some abuse and do last a long time. The front is flat, must have pinched it near the end of the Sheetiron, and I removed a bunch of side knobbies -those rocks can be sharp.

Damn, Tom. Those are some tough tires. My MT-21s were shot after Baja. The rear was damned near a slick. :laughing

Damn, Tom. Those are some tough tires. My MT-21s were shot after Baja. The rear was damned near a slick. :laughing

The stock XR Dunlops used to last one Sheetiron. The Maxxis ITs seem to stick as well, and last 4 times as long. I love them.

Hey Sid! I have a mountain hybrid on the rear of my 690 and am loving it. Great tire. I have been lusting after trials bikes for quite awhile, but priorities have thus far prevented me from buying one. Soon....

There was an old ty350 in Truckee, on reno cl last week for $400. Might still be there.

Back