• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Sounds delicious. :p That's a great rear, matching front is terrible, but the rear is excellent. Another tire that I think works just as well and has an excellent matching front is the M403/404 combo. Lasted every bit as long as the Desert IT on the trail, for me anyway. :)

i have the Maxxis desert on the front of my CR250 and it seems to work well. Anything is better than the MT21 i have mounted now, that tire washes out really easy. The M403 looks good, how does it hold up on short paved runs?

I wasn't a fan of the MT-21 front and rear I ran in Baja this year. Plus, the rear was damned near a slick at the end of the week. :rofl

I have a Motoz Mountain Hybrid on the rear and a Motoz tractionator up front. So far, I am digging the combo.

It's pretty damned sweet. So far it seems to be wearing well, too. Now if only I could ride a dirt bike worth a shit. :laughing

It's pretty damned sweet. So far it seems to be wearing well, too. Now if only I could ride a dirt bike worth a shit. :laughing

You ride a dirtbike? :teeth :later

I stay out of dirtbike and dual sport tire discussions as I just ride whats cheap and lasts. Dirt bikes... they slide..... :toothless

Umm.....got a new one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 73
Well I don't know why that pic got all sideways but I'm sure you folks see that awesome white bike in there.

Missing the baja crew. When's the first meeting for the next trip?

That doesnt count... You didnt do anything to it. Just kidding, congrats on the new bike.

Missing the baja crew. When's the first meeting for the next trip?

:thumbup I'm in for another Jan ish trip out of BoLa. Would love to base out of Mulege, but I think its too far for most to make in a day from the border. Maybe not. I think the meetings should start in September! :party :teeth

I'm going to down for a few weeks late Oct/Nov to scope some new loops that a large group can complete in a days ride yet still include some interesting places and varied riding. Its tough as everything is usually 150 miles apart and I learned that it seems to be the outer limit of groups ability even over moderate terrain. Whats a 1/2 day ride for me with a small group seems to take all day. So I am doing some research.... and going to test with a small group of 2-3 riders. The fall exploration trip will be uber cheap cowboy camping and lightning fast riding of 200-250 miles a day offroad to test out a couple of ideas.

I spent part of the day cleaning and prepping a 40mm FCR carb today. I need to get a few jets and seals, route the vent lines and install the adapter then im going to put this on my XR650l. Should be a nice improvement over the stock carb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 69
Installed an XR650R skid plate on my XRL and got the Noss adapter installed on the FCR carb.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 73
Awesome Mark! You are kicking some butt!

Back