• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Mine sat in the garage, providing web anchoring spots for spiders. :|

Ya, that seems to be a common thread these days... I need to take mine out and take her around the block and dump the fuel into the street bike...

Over the weekend:

Checked valves on the 690, oil change, adjust new Highwaydirtbike handguards and mirrors, clean/adj. chain, air up tires, clean air filter, re-install Safari Tank for upcoming 4 day motocamp trip!

Over the weekend:

Checked valves on the 690, oil change, adjust new Highwaydirtbike handguards and mirrors, clean/adj. chain, air up tires, clean air filter, re-install Safari Tank for upcoming 4 day motocamp trip!

Hell yes! Wish I could join you. Next time....

Painful:

My office is above my garage. I have to walk right by my new bike (Beta) every time I'm headed to the office to sit on my ass and look at screens.

Been too busy with obligations to ride. Need to get something on the calender asap.

Did do a bit of downhill MTB at Northstar, that was fun.

Big adventure: put a Seat Concepts seat on it, bought a desert tank, rode to Peets coffee...:).

Bought my dirt bike a car, so that maybe I can take it to the trails and ride it some time this century. Also bought a hitch for said car, to serve the same purpose. It's been too long since I've ridden the "little" 450.

Welcome, new guy. :teeth

I would love to get out and do some riding with you, whenever daddy duties aren't tethering you close to home.

Thanks...this new BARF thing is awesome. :laughing

Well yep, the baby is in Ohio for the next few weeks visiting extended family, so I've got plenty of time to actually ride...for a little while anyway. Let me know when you're heading out. :thumbup

Rode mine today at Georgetown. This would be twice now I've ridden there and vowed not to return until it rains. Aaaand apparently I didn't bleed my rear brake very well.

Rode mine today at Georgetown. This would be twice now I've ridden there and vowed not to return until it rains. Aaaand apparently I didn't bleed my rear brake very well.

Too dusty?

It's really the off season isn't it...

Yeah, super dusty. I don't mind some, just not like that. I imagine Foresthill will be bad, though trail 6 seems to hold up better than the others. Should be fewer goons there too.

Installed an Acerbis 3 gallon tank on the 350 which should get me to about 140 miles, added a Doubletake mirror, GPS mount and lubed the chain...Now where to ride??????

^^^Anything up in the Sierra's is fun, plus there's tons of lakes to cool off in.

Anyone watch moto this weekend? Cooper Webb just rams his finger in his nose during an interview...

qnSJCxR.jpg

Ooh, cleaned the air filter and *hopefully* bled the rear brake correctly this time. :)

Last edited:
11378998_966312043413967_290632959_n.jpg

I washed it :D She was real dirty!

^ Got any pics of that sweet dirt bike on the trails or MX track? I'm guessing you stick to jeep roads? I loved riding sprotbiles in the dirt, but for the narrow bars.

Meanwhile, in Reno.... somebody stole my ramp. I think I've had this ramp since I started dirt biking in 1995. Big heavy plank of 2" wood, Ramparts end attachment, traction tape down the middle. I must have been up and down that thing a thousand times with a dozen bikes, races, trail rides, track days, shuttling to my storage. Now some bro or tweaker has it and I need to buy or make another ramp. If you see some bro with my ramp, kick him in the nuts for me.

I guess, given the chance, people will take anything. I have a 2x8 ramp with ends on it too hoping somebody won't waste their time with my cheap ramp I think I will be more careful now.

I changed the oil and oiled the chain on the CR a little while ago.

The XR got some attention toda (wash to come). Fresh oil and springs in the forks, and fresh shock and spring. The shock feels spot on.... But I am afraid I may have to up the oil weight in the forks to 10 or 15. Not enough rebound dampening from my preliminary fork bounce in the garage. Will test next week as this weeend I get to take out the YZ for some two stroke goodness at Hollister.

Looked at mine all packed up and ready to go on a 4 day ride and cried. Fucked up my foot the day before we were scheduled to go out.

Back