• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Probably started Wends. night with Adam and Rich and the sushi.

No, I've got screwed feet, wore some different shoes for a meeting in Fowler Friday, walked around REI, dinner, didn't know my toe was fubar until getting home at 11:00p.m.

Need to have it surgically straightened out. Hopefully be back up and running by the end of the month..... dammit!

I pulled and checked my clutch on the te310r....ordering the adjustable slave cylinder upgrade for my rekluse soon. Should make adjustments super easy.
Tomorrow, I'm cleaning the carb on the new bike....mint 2000 exc380....can't believe I got an "orange" bike.:twofinger

Got the carb cleaned and float fixed......this is going to be fun:teeth

Last edited:
Well I tried to install the new exhaust on the trials bike today and failed miserably! I buggered up the gasket between the header and the muffler. :cry

I think they used sorcery/magic when they assembled these things and had no intention of them ever coming apart and being reassembled.

I'll order a new gasket tomorrow and wait another week for it to get here. ARGH!!

put my 3 gallon tanik on and installed my reckluse clutch,all last week,worked awesomely

Practice putting that exhaust on and off until you get the new gasket and buy two of em! :thumbup

Successfully installed the new muffler and sparky. The problem is that the new muffler (which is the last one in the USA and maybe the world) doesn't fit properly. I needed to attach the thing with the header loose and then tighten the header and only attach it with three of the four mounting tabs and I had to redrill one of the three tabs to get that one to line up. I might get the fourth one to fit too but its good enough for now. Whoever welded this thing was way off. :mad

IMG_0742.jpg

I replaced the rear shock upper and lower bearings, linkage bearings, replaced the orings on the expansion chamber at the cylinder, repacked the muffler, oil change, replaced the sparkplug and rotated the rear tire yesterday on the CR250. I need to set the sag for the rear suspension but I dont have a number to shoot for, anybody know? Its for a 2000 CR250R?

I'm not positive but I think 100mm is a decent place to start for race sag. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will chime in.

Thanks Daniel. Its funny, I have a factory service manual and you would think it would explain this but it doesnt. It refers me to the owners manual.

100mm race sag (with rider), give or take 5mm
40mm static sag (without rider), give or take a few mm

If you can't adjust preload to get both numbers, you're springs are off. Or you're too fat. Or you're too skinny.

Rode the crap out of my CRF450R. It was an awesome day! Also watched my buddy pop his freshly rebuilt YZ125. Melted the ground strap on his spark plug and brought it by my place, blew 60PSI of compression...

Well, putting the 380 back together after its maiden voyage. I reset the float, resealed the expansion chamber to the head and added three new springs and changed rear pads to carbon ones to see if I can get less grabby rear brakes.
During my first run at hollister I learned I had only two retaining springs instead of three on the expansion pipe, which was loose as hell and rattled. Then while pulling thesilancer I found out what it was smoking at the base....previous owner must have flipped the bike hard, because the lower mount was ripped half way off. So all that's left is welding the silencer and repacking it. I wonder if I'll feel the difference.

Back