• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Oh snap, trash talking this early?? Yeah, I don't mind losing, I'll just be happy to finish without falling on that shitty, rocky, dirt colored pavement that they call "soil" out there.

Oh snap, trash talking this early?? Yeah, I don't mind losing, I'll just be happy to finish without falling on that shitty, rocky, dirt colored pavement that they call "soil" out there.

:laughing

You misunderstood, I thought it was a team effort. Having me as a team mate is a sure way to lose. It turns out that I don't have that thing that cares whether someone is beating me in a race.:laughing it seems you need that to race well...:rolleyes

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, no teams as far as I know, but that would be fun! If you want to lose together with some team desert racing, Ingo has been pushing to put something together. He wants to work up to doing the Baja 500/1000 maybe next year and do the Vegas to Reno this year. I think I'm going to let him talk me into the Vegas to Reno this summer...you wanna?? We can practice with some of the MRANN desert stuff...

In the mean time, PC Wed or Thurs if its not raining?

Let's go to PM...

Hell yeah let's go to PM, we don't have to wear pants in there...

Post up if y'all go to pc

I might join ya with my kid

I'm out there at least a couple times a month.

Expect it to be a crappy place to ride and you will find a bit of gold. It's all your attitude with that place.

cheers

Last edited:
I'll just be happy to finish without falling on that shitty, rocky, dirt colored pavement that they call "soil" out there.

Was there last weekend. All the rain has turned it into a sloppy muddy mess...

Was there last weekend. All the rain has turned it into a sloppy muddy mess...

Do you think a week without rain has changed it?

Edit - its Tuesday, do you mean last weekend 2 days ago?

Last edited:
Do you think a week without rain has changed it?

Edit - its Tuesday, do you mean last weekend 2 days ago?

I was there on the 26th. Have been quite a few times over the past 2 months. I doubt that two weeks of no rain will make a difference...it is very saturated.

Edit: Went out there Sat the 2nd. Wasn't too bad. Some areas are still really wet and covered in puddles, but the side near Hangtown was perfect.

Last edited:
Just put a Scotts on the KTM!
12417614_10153922047263846_1870830250667074818_n.jpg

Sent the ugly orange GPR V1 under bar stabilizer that came on the 525 off to the factory for a rebuild and they sent me back a Black V2. They even sent me all new hardware....pretty happy about that.

Rode the 525 at Mammoth Bar a couple weeks back as well. I definitely prefer the 450 for black diamond trails, but the 525 is fine for fire roads and medium technical stuff.

^^^Nice! I really like Mammoth Bar, especially that hillclimb. For a place where you've seen it all in 15min, it's a pretty good time.

^^^Nice! I really like Mammoth Bar, especially that hillclimb. For a place where you've seen it all in 15min, it's a pretty good time.

Have not been there in some time, just wanted to test out the 525 on dirt. It was fun! Yes, that Hill climb is awesome. I don't remember there being that many Black Diamond trails. Lots of people were there too, but it was a blast.

So the 450 went to a new home last night. CAL Fire fighter, good dude with a family. Lost everything in the Valley fire last year, so now he's re-building. Happy to see it go to a good home but damn I will miss that bike. Gave me whole new respect for 4 stroke off road machines.

Last edited:
replaced brake pads on my 450...

Sold the lady's xr100 and bought a 06 crf150f, so oil change, chain cleaning, new bars, still need to change/check air filter.

Also need new levers for her.

I unpacked it, put things away, and drank some single malt with it. No baja.

Today, I bought my first dual adventure bike since 1973. :afm199

Picked up a XT225 to play with. :party

And it comes full circle. Once a post who're bike always a post white bike. :laughing

Back