• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

new top end, new red radiator hoses, new sprockets/chain, new side panels/numbers, new clutch cable...everything lubed and dialed in...ready to ride!

Attachments

• 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 37
I replaced the chain and sprockets. Interesting that the chain was done, kinked but not stretched, the front sprocket was slightly hooked, but the aluminum rear sprocket was perfect.

kinked but not stretched

Weird but this statement explains it. The stretch is what typically kills the sprockets fast, maybe it was just from the sandy dirt you've got out there working the chain over.

Weird but this statement explains it. The stretch is what typically kills the sprockets fast, maybe it was just from the sandy dirt you've got out there working the chain over.

Boy does he have sandy dirt! Byke and I rode at Moonrocks the other day, spur of the moment thing. Felt like I was back in Baja, with long hill climbs. The first climb we did seemed to go for miles and ended up at snow level. Going back down I just turned off the bike for about 5 minutes.

I think we did about 30 miles, lots of great single track. Who the hell made all that? 2srtoke, is that youre back yard? Nice...:thumbup

I was buying used swimming pool parts on craigslist went to guy's house ask him what are you doing with that dirt bike he replied hauling if off, Well he give it to me !
I've cleaned gas tank , Carb And it runs !

1993 KX250 :thumbup

Attachments

• IMG_2401 (1).JPG
    IMG_2401 (1).JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 56
Yeah the sandy soil killed it but that chain lived a long life.

Boy does he have sandy dirt! Byke and I rode at Moonrocks the other day, spur of the moment thing. Felt like I was back in Baja, with long hill climbs. The first climb we did seemed to go for miles and ended up at snow level. Going back down I just turned off the bike for about 5 minutes.

I think we did about 30 miles, lots of great single track. Who the hell made all that? 2srtoke, is that youre back yard? Nice...:thumbup
Yeah it's the back yard of my backyard, I can ride to it, and much of it single track.

Long hill climb ending at snow, you must have gone up Dogskin ridge.

It rained today. I'm going to turn and burn tomorrow.

Went for a ride. Saw a guy in an older Toyota Corolla stuck in a mudhole, with plenty of dry road beside the mudhole he could have driven on. Saw a big coyote with prey in its mouth. (What around here is black and about the size of a cottontail?) Saw invasive cactus some ne'er-do-well Baja riders probably imported. Fell and crushed my thumb doing stupid tricks on a short nasty hill.

Got my new chain all sandy, even though I tried to degrease it of its packing grease.

[youtube]TfVbXsL1X2I[/youtube]

Been busy with the YZ lately...... Updated to the new style plastics from the 2016 model. Built some new wheels and intalled new bearings, tires, sprockets and chain. Went with an 18" rear. If it keeps raining this week, will probably pull the jug to inspect and at very least throw in some new rings. Gotta be ready for Stonybarf6! :party

Attachments

• YZ small.jpg
    YZ small.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 47
  • YZ small 2.JPG
    YZ small 2.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 48
Oaklandf4i, I like your taste in bikes and graphics. YZ250 master race at StonyBARF!

I put my XR100 on craigslist then realized I should make sure it runs. It has had carb and petcock problems in the past from pump gas gumming up. At least I stored it dry and drained the carb. When I filled the tank it leaked from the petcock. Damn! I took it out and cleaned it and half the petcock filter was rotted away. When I touched it, it crumbled. That's what was clogging the petcock valve and making it leak. But it's not rebuildable or cleanable. $50 for a new one. Damn four strokes.

I put my stock 19" wheel on craigslist. If I sell it I may get a second 18" and keep one set up with a Shinko trials tire or Kenda hybrid and the other with a Tubliss and a knobby.

I took some pics of the KX295 and wrote a craigslist ad for it. Contact me if you want a nicely set up 300 smoker at a fraction the cost of a new Beta 300RR or YZ250X.

Sometimes those crummy little filters are the ID support for the o-ring, but you can usually just break off the crumbly pieces and run it, but then add the clear inline filters for like $3. I really want that KX, but...you know, that whole money thing.

Thanks guys, I LOVE this bike. I really wouldnt trade it for any other bike with the exception of maybe a brand new one and I wouldnt have the flexibility of a green sticker anymore.

I did find it achilles a few weeks back in the open desert..... 450's walk away from me in top gear. :mad Not used to riding so far back in the pack. :laughing When I split the cases next, the WR450 3-5 gears are going in. Then again... maybe its a good thing for me it cant go faster.

StonyBarf6 super senior master stupid ride/race! :thumbup Hold my Jager.... I'm more into ride up and down stuff I shouldnt than going fast.... but hell yeh.

The bike is and looks far faster than I will ever be.

Either of you guys need a cherry stock pipe? It's from my old '03, but I believe it will fit up to current.

Either of you guys need a cherry stock pipe? It's from my old '03, but I believe it will fit up to current.

I've cut myself off from ebay and craigslist for a period.... :laughing Need to give my wallet a breather. I've been known to collect lots of spares that never get used. I say that now and next ride I am going to completely smash my pipe.

Well it would be free of course. I'll bring it if I somehow make it to *cough*Stony*cough*.

StonyBarf6 super senior master stupid ride/race! :thumbup Hold my Jager.... I'm more into ride up and down stuff I shouldnt than going fast.... but hell yeh.

The bike is and looks far faster than I will ever be.

I kinda wanna do a little shoveling and get some good air pics

Well it would be free of course. I'll bring it if I somehow make it to *cough*Stony*cough*.

:thumbup I'll definitely take it off your hands if you make it to Stony. I've nearly got an entire engine in spares now.... But I really do like the stock pipe. Thanks, you rock!

I kinda wanna do a little shoveling and get some good air pics

You know, I was thinking of that too. That and this one rocky climb that would be cool to get some shots coming up and down. :thumbup If HadesOmega makes it, we can ask him to take some pics.

Would anyone like a complete set of used but uncracked YZ250/125 2stroke plastics? Will fit 02+ Free. Can bring to Stonybarf.

You wouldn't happen to have an extra stock rear link would you? I bought my yz with the yamalink on it and the bike is just too low. I mean I'm a big guy but I bottom out off jumps that arnt that big because I can't get much travel. I think it lowers the bike an 1 1/2-2inches and I'm just looking for more

I was buying used swimming pool parts on craigslist went to guy's house ask him what are you doing with that dirt bike he replied hauling if off, Well he give it to me !
I've cleaned gas tank , Carb And it runs !

1993 KX250 :thumbup

Score! Need anything for it?

Back