• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

You wouldn't happen to have an extra stock rear link would you? I bought my yz with the yamalink on it and the bike is just too low. I mean I'm a big guy but I bottom out off jumps that arnt that big because I can't get much travel. I think it lowers the bike an 1 1/2-2inches and I'm just looking for more

Nope, no link. I wonder if the PO also lowered the spring rate? I can check my spares to see if I still have the old spring. Not sure of its rate, but I think it was stock. Yours free if I still have it and you want it.

Want some free plastics and airbox? :teeth

Kyle, if you would, measure the ID of the open end and the OD of the closed end and then eye to eye. I don't have one specifically for a yz250, but I have a couple others and you never know.

I'll have to check it. Don't think I have anything to measure with though. Most of my tools are in sj

Put on a new front tire last night after cleaning all the mud of the bike from yesterday's sloppy ride. Another Bridgestone M59; took the last one off after 891 miles/48.5 hrs.

I'm getting much better and changing tires with the Tubliss system. At this point I would say it's actually easier than wrestling with a UHD tube.

12804909_10156611231380626_2918686222034902614_n.jpg

Been busy with the YZ lately...... Updated to the new style plastics from the 2016 model. Built some new wheels and intalled new bearings, tires, sprockets and chain. Went with an 18" rear. If it keeps raining this week, will probably pull the jug to inspect and at very least throw in some new rings. Gotta be ready for Stonybarf6! :party

Damn that thing looks great CJ. I'd love to have a 2-smoke for Stony.

I would like to go back to a stock pipe. My Gnarly is gnarled and dented and it's all bottom to mid, then the bike dies on top. Which is fine for tight single track.

I put the new petcock in the XR100 and it's good to go with no leaking. It's back on craigslist.

Pre stony inspection. Filter getting cleaned tomorrow and fresh oil within the next week or so

Sold my stock 19" rear wheel. That means I'll probably get another 18" and have one set up for a UHD tube and one with a Tubliss.

Kenda Parker on Tubliss? Hybrid on tube? Vice versa?

Did first valve check on the WR. No adjustment needed. Spark plug was rusty. :| How the hell does water get THERE? The plug/coil seals the opening at the top of the valve cover. The drain hole was not clogged...:dunno

Then I was so bored that I recut the worn frame protection stickers I made, and put those on again. Byke says I'm "anal" and he likes that. :blush

:laughing

Sold my stock 19" rear wheel. That means I'll probably get another 18" and have one set up for a UHD tube and one with a Tubliss.

Kenda Parker on Tubliss? Hybrid on tube? Vice versa?

I'd be curious what you think of the Kenda Parker. Have you run it yet? Its one of the few desert tires I dont have any experience with. I was going to try it this past winter in Baja, but went back to the tried and true Maxxis desert IT. Was less than impressed with the wear on the Desert IT this time. Dont know if they changed the compound on it or what. Pretty much toast after this years trip. Just about all offroad, less than 150-75 miles on the pavement (and aired up for that short bit). I remember them lasting longer previously. Then again, I didt get any flats and did put 800 + miles on it. Dunno... Considered the Motoz Desert IT, but you can buy 2 Maxxis, and 3 Kenda Trackmasters for the price of one of those...

Then I was so bored that I recut the worn frame protection stickers I made, and put those on again. Byke says I'm "anal" and he likes that. :blush

:laughing

Was thinking of doing that myself. What material are you using for your frame protectors?

Last edited:
I'd be curious what you think of the Kenda Parker. Have you run it yet? Its one of the few desert tires I dont have any experience with. I was going to try it this past winter in Baja, but went back to the tried and true Maxxis desert IT. Was less than impressed with the wear on the Desert IT this time. Dont know if they changed the compound on it or what. Pretty much toast after this years trip. Just about all offroad, less than 150-75 miles on the pavement (and aired up for that short bit). I remember them lasting longer previously. Then again, I didt get any flats and did put 800 + miles on it. Dunno... Considered the Motoz Desert IT, but you can buy 2 Maxxis, and 3 Kenda Trackmasters for the price of one of those...

Was thinking of doing that myself. What material are you using for your frame protectors?

You can buy large sheets of sticker material at some Moto shops in various colors, I got white. Try cycle gear. It's not ideal, too thin. Now I'm building up a couple layers. I made a template with blue maskng tape and cut with scissors. Make the template way bigger than you think you need. Wrap it around corners so that the edges don't lift or peel.

:thumbup

Last edited:

Ha, guilty! Speaking of that, you 'riding' this weekend?

Took out the lowering link from the new (to me) beastie I purchased yesterday and put in the stock linkage, freshly greased.

IMG_0001-L.jpg

The bike also has a tall seat and I have legs like Cotton Hill. Look at all the fucks I give.

tumblr_lox6tm1oIv1qe0zddo1_1280.png

This bike has a Pirelli MT-43 trials-like rear, so new it still has sipes. And a full titanium exhaust, header to muffler. I've got a quiet insert coming but if it doesn't work, it's going up for sale, or better yet getting crushed. I'm debating whether to put a mousse in the front with a Kenda Parker DT.

I'm also looking for a rack that will let me use my Wolfman beta bag and not melt it on the muffler.

Took the carb. off my step-sons 2001 yz426 to clean & make some adjustments to make it more friendly,according to what I saw on the internet, I'm going to have my hands full getting it to start and idle better but, there is a solution so, we'll see.
Started the re-assembly of my 2003 gasgas de300,can anyone tell me WHY it came with head and taillight and a brake light switch and a fork lock yet it ( as far as I know) is not at least 49 state legal for the street? Hopefully I'll have it going for stony., it sure is a fun woods bike and waaaaaaaaay better than my old trusty rusty dr350.:afm199:ride:party

Ha, guilty! Speaking of that, you 'riding' this weekend?

Riding today, little bikes on private trails. I'd love to bring you with some day. Have to clear it with my buddy. He should be fine with it.

Yesterday I went out to prairie city to watch the Alta guys test their production bikes on the flat track. Those things are VERY ready for market, can't wait till they're affordable. Brok says it feels like a 450 in power and weight.

Aaaaaarrrrrrgghhhhh! I'd love to see those things in action!

Not today, but had some fun in Hungry Valley this past weekend, it was a blast! Chilly AF though

10444704_10206797846759605_2294525267088931079_n.jpg

12524359_10206797847319619_5567762063546850685_n.jpg

12821446_10206797847799631_5270967959359851267_n.jpg

Aaaaaarrrrrrgghhhhh! I'd love to see those things in action!

Some day in the not too distant future, we will zing thru the woods, no noise. Ok, the chain makes some, and there is some gear whine, but it's way more pleasant.

Not today, but had some fun in Hungry Valley this past weekend, it was a blast! Chilly AF though

10444704_10206797846759605_2294525267088931079_n.jpg

12524359_10206797847319619_5567762063546850685_n.jpg

12821446_10206797847799631_5270967959359851267_n.jpg

Tommy! Looks awesome. But the most important two questions, are you coming to Stonybarf6 and will you be bringing some of that magic tequila moonshine? :teeth I still tell stories about that stuff. Frickin FANTASTIC. :party

Back