• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

That steel piece is threaded and that part uses two bolts, one from each side? Kinda weird. Japanese bikes just bolt through that piece and into threads in the aluminum subframe, which you would think is worse than threading into steel, but for some reason it's pretty uncommon for those to strip. Though, they're smart about it and use the small head/large thread trick.

Made sure the bike still runs, for the Crosscut FE this coming wknd. Anyone else going?

Got off my butt and started putting the cr250 back together. I took it apart over a year ago to replace the crank seals and then life happened. Got the right side replaced and all buttoned up. I can't find the left side seal so will go order another one and get that side all finished up asap. When I took it apart I realized that the water pump drive gear was cracked in four places (!) so the new one went in today too. I also adjusted the suspension and realize its time to service the forks. Might need to respring them too as I've lost a significant amount of weight since I last rode the bike and they are much more stiff than I want.

Also need to order chain and sprockets and then I should be good to go. Chances are I won't get the bike done before I start my move north later this month, but at least its mostly back together now.

I'm really looking forward to riding this bike again. :ride

Last edited:
Hey Daniel, good to hear you getting it put back together. Im interested to see what springs you go with for your CR, I think me and you are close to the same wieght. I have the stock springs in the CR so something a little softer would be nice.

Took the 300exc apart to fix an oil leak and found all kinds of fun stuff. Clutch steel broke in half...clutch worked great! No fins on my cheesy plastic water pump impeller...bike only overheated on a super slow steep trail yesterday on cow mountain. Oil leak was caused by pushed out gasket because the shop that rebuilt the motor dropped a locating down out of its hole when they put the inner clutch case on.... Found dowl on my magnetic drain plug. Lol

Got the new DR350 running. Just waiting on a rear sprocket and it'll be ready to rock. I paid $1K for the bike, and another $475 for a new carb, throttle cables, etc. Ouch. :laughing

[youtube]pKRzstHL6XE[/youtube]

Got the new DR350 running. Just waiting on a rear sprocket and it'll be ready to rock. I paid $1K for the bike, and another $475 for a new carb, throttle cables, etc. Ouch. :laughing

[youtube]pKRzstHL6XE[/youtube]

SWEEEEET! 350s are the sweet spot for dirt bike IMO.:ride

Nice looking dr Aaron! That thing is pretty clean!

Yeah, it's pretty clean. Receipts for like $1200 in engine work from Keintech about 500 miles ago, too. The motor *should* be good to go for quite awhile. Bonus: it has the 25 transmission, which has taller 5th and 6th gear than the 350 did. :thumbup

I thought about what I need to do.
Wash it and take the motor out then put in a new crank.

This would be the TM that I hydrolocked...

That thing looks super clean. I've wanted a dr350 for years, just never ended up with one, though there's a slight chance I may trade the ttr125 for one. Gonna keep it?

Washed my bike from the Wild Wabbit Harescramble..... 40 minutes with a power washer! :wow And I noticed a few spots I still missed when rolling it into the shop. :x The muddy red clay mixed in with sand and small rocks was like ready mix concrete and everywhere. :laughing

Not only can I not ride a muddy MX track worth a damn... I have decided I dont like cleaning it either. Going to go work on my taxes.... as it might be more enjoyable. hmmmmphhh :laughing

I pulled my broken brakeline off. Now I need to find someone who makes these things.

That thing looks super clean. I've wanted a dr350 for years, just never ended up with one, though there's a slight chance I may trade the ttr125 for one. Gonna keep it?

I'm going to keep it for now, anyway. I have a bit of bike ADD, as do most of us, so who knows?

Washed my bike from the Wild Wabbit Harescramble..... 40 minutes with a power washer! :wow And I noticed a few spots I still missed when rolling it into the shop. :x The muddy red clay mixed in with sand and small rocks was like ready mix concrete and everywhere. :laughing

Not only can I not ride a muddy MX track worth a damn... I have decided I dont like cleaning it either. Going to go work on my taxes.... as it might be more enjoyable. hmmmmphhh :laughing

I stopped at the car wash on my way home. It was hard to do because I was so tired, but I'm glad I got it before it dried and set.

I'm going to keep it for now, anyway. I have a bit of bike ADD, as do most of us, so who knows?

I stopped at the car wash on my way home. It was hard to do because I was so tired, but I'm glad I got it before it dried and set.

That's what we did too. Got Wayno's bike pretty clean. Mine of course didn't need a wash :cry

Got the cr250 motor buttoned back up. Only managed to lose one little bolt in the chaos that is my garage too! New chain and sprocket arrive monday. Then its just replace fluids and it should be good to go. I can't believe I let it sit apart for a year and a half. :loco

Fork service will be next up but that can wait till after the move.

I started here, I put some calamine lotion on my poison oak, and my arm blew up, and got hit as balls sooooo to the er we go.....

Step 0:
BgXCu1h.jpg

Step 1 this is the state the bike has been sitting in for the last few months:
q14iUlL.jpg

Step 2 packing bearings bitches!
9p7Z4Qo.jpg

Reassembly and running! Love this thing! The PO put a pumper carb on the beast, and now it starts up super easy!

[youtube]_znQl-5R2Vg[/youtube]

I actually got out and rode it. (Cow Mt & Middle Creek this weekend)
Got some cleaning to do.

image.jpg

Back