• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Got the cr250 all back together. New chain and sprockets installed, fresh fluids, fired right up and sounded happy and snappy! It even idled nicely after it warmed up a few mins. Can't wait to get out and ride it! :banana

1F651921-4A61-47C5-BA10-E70E7C9DB789.jpg

From yesterday:
I got my new to me DR registered and plated. Kind of a PITA, since it was an Oregon bike. Had a carb issue, but sorted that out. Still has a transmission issue, but it is operational enough to get me through the Sheetiron (probably)

8tknkP.jpg

Hah! Took me a bit to realize you didn't mean California Air Resources Board issue

:laughing

Today, I bled the Coca-Cola colored brake fluid out of the new DR350 and adjusted the clutch. It's ready to go for the Sheetiron, but that super crappy, un-maintained stock suspension is going to be brutal. It's highly unlikely that I'll have time or money to deal with it before the event. It should add some challenge to some of the bumpy sections. :rofl

I washed the TM and am preparing to replace the crankshaft...

OK!!! We must have lunch.

pulling the engine to repair a stripped drain plug...a friend and I were guessing how long it would take to pull....
Pic 1 complete running bike, start disassembly at 8:57pm
Pic 2 engine out at 9:38
Pic 3 got a little carried away, decided to do a full teardown to frame 10:12

Meh, pic files too large to upload all 3 from my phone, here is the final product. ..

Attachments

• 20160429_221208.jpg
    20160429_221208.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 40
Giving it last rites :cry

Planning a resurrection but it won't be soon :(

Noooooooooo!!!!! Anything we can do to help?

Goal is to have all new internals by September.
It's just so tired and it appears to be in pre aneurism mode.
It had 3 awesome years and will live again.

Back