• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

How much does a TM crank cost? One million dollars?
Curiosity got the best of me. Mama mia, thatsa spicy meatball!

I think the crank is $200... I should take pics of this little project. It took two casual hours to get it to the point where the motor is ready to come out. Four more bolts.

Butch, don't forget that TM motor was based on the Hond CR. I bet most of the bearing and seal are on the shelf at a Honda dealer. The crank parts may be the same as well. Just a thought.

Replaced the brake rotor on Moin's bike, after he bent the shit out of it on the MX track at Carnegie last weekend. Here's the old rotor:

TOCZtU.jpg

EGe0oO.jpg

I also added a little mascot to the front fender of my KDX:

NSBTen.jpg

Lastly, I installed my new Clarke tank and a fender mascot on the DR350, in preparation for the SheetIron. Since I lost some of the sweet pink/purple graphics in the tank swap, I compensated with new grips. :laughing

6TGO7U.jpg

E1yyCs.jpg

The tank was actually kind of a PITA to install, due to the 36mm pumper carb on the bike. Clearance for the throttle assembly on the carb was a problem. I ended up making some spacers to lift the tank a bit, providing sufficient clearance.

Absolutely nothing.... other than riding it! :twofinger

Penny Pines was EPIC today..... nice moist dirt. :teeth :ride

Aaron, do we need an intervention? Pink grips huh. :x

Absolutely nothing.... other than riding it! :twofinger

Penny Pines was EPIC today..... nice moist dirt. :teeth :ride

Aaron, do we need an intervention? Pink grips huh. :x

:thumbup

But the pink grips match the pink tug strap on the seat!

Penny Pines is my favorite place in the whole wide world

Oil + Filter changed.. Fresh air cleaner with pre-filter/ filter skin installed for the sheetiron.. Did I do that right? Didn't want to fold it under the foam filter because I figured I'd want the foam against the airbox for a better seal.

Oil + Filter changed.. Fresh air cleaner with pre-filter/ filter skin installed for the sheetiron.. Did I do that right? Didn't want to fold it under the foam filter because I figured I'd want the foam against the airbox for a better seal.

Looks good. You are correct that you need your filter to seal to the air box.

Looks familiar. I have the back of my bike off and spend an hour yesterday getting the dirt out of my air box with simple green and an old tee shirt. Michael, make sure the little drain tube that is pinched flat is clear so your air box can drain water easily. Mine had cogged in the last few rides.

Looks good. You are correct that you need your filter to seal to the air box.

Looks familiar. I have the back of my bike off and spend an hour yesterday getting the dirt out of my air box with simple green and an old tee shirt. Michael, make sure the little drain tube that is pinched flat is clear so your air box can drain water easily. Mine had cogged in the last few rides.

Thanks Tom, I'll check it out.

Stripped all the supermoto parts off of the Xr last night. She's going back to dirt duties now that big sister is in the garage. That being said I might have a full supermoto setup for a XR650r for sale soon.

Attachments

• 20160512_214956.jpg
    20160512_214956.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
The Xr is back to its original dirt roots this morning. I got 3 front tires for $ 20 and the one that I put on just happened to be DOT approved. Takes away from some of my renegade glory though. I cut about 4 inches off the front fender while it was off to get rid of that droopy alcoholic nose look. Polished the edges smooth and re installed. Looks way better.

Attachments

• 20160514_113955.jpg
    20160514_113955.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20160514_114009.jpg
    20160514_114009.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20160514_114029.jpg
    20160514_114029.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 30
Nice work on the fender. I may have to give that a try on mine. :thumbup

Nice work on the fender. I may have to give that a try on mine. :thumbup

If you can find one of these rug wheels for your drill it's easy. I actually sanded most of that fender with 400, then 600, then 1500 before I shined it back up with the wheel. I just use it dry and it works great. Gotta keep it moving though or it will make burn marks.

If you ever want to sumo out your Xr hit me up. I have a whole setup I'm selling.

Attachments

• 20160517_151759.jpg
    20160517_151759.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 32
Took mine to the beach on Saturday (Pismo). :)

b189c0d8-1923-4fa1-ad42-50cb1cbb67be_zps9o4n6fed.jpg

Last edited:
Back