• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

From Friday:

Bike bath day!

oMCmGh.jpg

8w47Ko.jpg

dOuADj.jpg

Nice stable!
What's that blue and black one?

I gave the TM another smack trying to remove the swingarm shaft and last engine mount bolt. I put a deposite on an Alta. Does that count?

Nice stable!
What's that blue and black one?

That's Moin's YZ250F. I'm babysitting it for him while he's back home in Pakistan. He made me promise to ride it whenever possible, so I'll do what I can. Vile 4 strokes, though. :thumbdown :laughing

I gave the TM another smack trying to remove the swingarm shaft and last engine mount bolt. I put a deposit on an Alta. Does that count?

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could afford to grab one of those (or the Electric Motion trials bike)

No pics, but I spend two hours cleaning my XR400 yesterday after the Sheetiron. I've always washed the bike after a ride, but have never got "IN THERE" with a brush and attempted to detail it. Well after owning it since 11/10/01 I decided to do it. I was tired of taking second fiddle to Cabrito. His whip looks new. I used 3 or 4 brushes, plenty simple green and 10 gallons of water -on the lawn so it would not go to waste- and went for it. After 2 hours of work and multiple "are you done yet?" questions I literally threw in the towel and spent the rest of the day with my family. It looks better than EVAR but I'm still stuck at second fiddle. I'm not sure how he does it, but I do know he does not have kids.

Last edited:
Rode Fernley mx on Friday and did the wash/oil/filter stuffs yesterday. I've got the washing thing down after all these years. First hit it with the pressure washer, then remove the black marks on the plastics/frame from pants/boots with wd-40 and a towel/scrub pad, done in less than 30min and it looks tits. Garden hose clean sucks, takes forever and leaves you with loooooooots of manual scrubbing.

I gave the TM another smack trying to remove the swingarm shaft and last engine mount bolt. I put a deposite on an Alta. Does that count?

Butch, By a can of PB Blaster and start soaking it. See my post in Garage about swingarm pivot maintenance -as I was (or am, not out yet) in the same situation.

With a little love, patients, PB Blaster and controlled violence, it should come out.

Butch, By a can of PB Blaster and start soaking it. See my post in Garage about swingarm pivot maintenance -as I was (or am, not out yet) in the same situation.

With a little love, patients, PB Blaster and controlled violence, it should come out.

Thanks. I have other motos, so I kinda have patience. I bought a steel shaft from McMaster Carr for $8 that I can drive the pivot bolt with that also will hold the swingarm inplace... Where ya get Blaster?

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497836

Ordered a new piston, rings, wristpin bearing, top end gaskets, a vapor hour meter/tach/etc, and some spare levers for the KDX200 today. It's running great, but I don't know how many hours are on it. Fresh top end is just around the corner. :banana

Ordered a new piston, rings, wristpin bearing, top end gaskets, a vapor hour meter/tach/etc, and some spare levers for the KDX200 today. It's running great, but I don't know how many hours are on it. Fresh top end is just around the corner. :banana

Nice.

I should do the same thing for the cr250. Thanks for the nudge. :thumbup

:thumbup

The thing about the KDX is that I just don't know how many hours are on that top end. It has the same piston and rings as it did when I bought it, so it definitely has some wear. Now that I bought a vapor for it I will have a functioning hour meter. May as well start fresh with a new top end at the same time. :thumbup

Same with mine. No clue on the top end or the rest of it except what I've changed out. Seems like good trip insurance.

Mostly, I just want to avoid having CJ give me endless grief about it if it blows up. :laughing

I know. Team Red is under pressure. We will never hear the end of it, if we have a catastrophic failure after all the trash talking we did.

Finally found some time to pressure wash the XR since the Sheetiron. Also cleaned and oiled the air filter and chain. While I was going over the bike I noticed that the gas tank was loose and upon further inspection I found 2 of the 3 mounting bolts were missing. Got some new ones installed and all is good.

Back