• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Wow not much action on this thread. I ordered another cylinder on ebay this morning for the cr250. I'm giving up on ever seeing my old one again. Just be warned that the Bell Gardens USPS sorting facility is the postal service equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle or a black hole. It's well documented and even has its own 1.5 star Yelp page with many many stories like mine of lost packages. Pretty unbelievable. Either way I'm out $350 but my bike will be ready for Moab in October.

If you are shipping usps ground I'd ask if it's going through this facility before letting go of the package. Hopefully the one being shipped to me isn't going through there. Wish me luck!

Yep I have had my share of USPS woes. Once a package went from International Carrier > Chicago > Des Moines > Cincinnati!?!?! > Des Moines on my way to me in CA....

Insure Insure Insure, the only way to cover your ass. In fact insure for a price of a brand new one from a Dealer. Bummer at some point your old cylinder may show up.... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Dmitriy is right - insurance when using USPS.

I did my fork seal the other day. Have a WR250F carb on my bench right now, waiting on some new gaskets, jets, and needle.

Shipped my jug and head to Millennium for repair this week. Hopefully, the turnaround time will be decent.

Nothing. I am negligent. I looked at my dirty air filter. So there.

Had so much fun at carnagie this past weekend I had to ride the trials bike some more so I headed north to Cow Mtn! Haven't spent much time here other than passing through on the Sheetiron or years ago on the funduro. I was by myself so took it easy. Lots of fun riding at this place and I'm excited to get to know the trails better.

Parked at the west staging area and hit trails 1, 7,8,9, and 14 I think with some fire road in between. I'm going to order a crf50 tall seat and make it fit the scorpa and I'm buying some hand guards. I lost count of how many times the manzanita hit my front break today!

Any way it was a good day!

All my other pics are too large so yer stuck with this one. Not sure why iPhone pics are always sideways. My interwebzfu is weak.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Nice! Does Cow have some good singletrack?

Washed the bike and gear. Cleaned the filter and then discovered I failed to order filter oil when I ran out last time. Still need to straighten the left radiator brace from the little off trail excursion and subsequent weightlifting/wrestling session.

Awesome, Daniel.

I spoke with the folks at Millennium today, confirming that they received my head and jug, and discussing the path forward. I'm excited to get this going, and am ever so grateful to Daniel and Tom for helping me out!

Worst part was burning my pants...again! I've been cursed lately. Last pair were brand new and I burned a huge hole in them all the way through when I removed the "what's this stupid piece for?" off the other bike, but I had bought that pair because I burned a hole in the previous pair. So, this is my third pair in like ten rides and I was loving them because they were a killer deal on high end new old stock. Luckily they're not ruined, yet. :p

Nice! Does Cow have some good singletrack?
:rofl Yes

Given the choice between riding G Town, Forrest Hill, and even Stonyford, I would choose Cow Mtn every time for single track. Middle Creek/Penny Pines has some good single track too, and would pick Cow over it as well.

Worst part was burning my pants...again! I've been cursed lately. Last pair were brand new and I burned a huge hole in them all the way through when I removed the "what's this stupid piece for?" off the other bike, but I had bought that pair because I burned a hole in the previous pair. So, this is my third pair in like ten rides and I was loving them because they were a killer deal on high end new old stock. Luckily they're not ruined, yet. :p

Do you lie a lot, or something?

:rofl Yes

Given the choice between riding G Town, Forrest Hill, and even Stonyford, I would choose Cow Mtn every time for single track. Middle Creek/Penny Pines has some good single track too, and would pick Cow over it as well.

Snap! Is it steep rocky gnarly type of singletrack, or smooth flowy kind of singletrack, or both? Either way, we should have a little braf ride out there sometime.

Do you lie a lot, or something?

Over my head, but I'll go with "or something".

Your pants keep burning.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Nevermind. Was funny in my head....

God damn it! No, that was actually good. Told ya I was slow. :laughing

Snap! Is it steep rocky gnarly type of singletrack, or smooth flowy kind of singletrack, or both? Either way, we should have a little braf ride out there sometime.

Steep gnarly, rocky, loose rocky, just loose dirt, some just steep. There are definitely some routes that give even the more experienced folks a challenge. Its why I like it. Some flow, many are just a challenge. :teeth Middle Creek/Penny Pines has more flowing with less challenging sections, though they can be found.

And yes, we need mini Barf Trip to Cow. Would have joined you folks at Carnegie, but had other obligations already.

There seemed to be all of the above plus wider super rocky 4wd roads. I didn't scratch the surface of whats out there, and I kept getting lost because there are a ton of trails that aren't on the map. Lots of rocky stuff for sure and lots of loose shale type stuff too. Also some smooth flowy stuff, but those seemed to only last for short distances or had the remains of large ruts from the rainy winter. I'm ready to go back so would love to have some folks out there with me. There were a couple times today where I was a little nervous that I was by myself, but I was getting cell reception most of the time and had been updating a few people on my location just in case. Also that trials bike is seriously like cheating. I was going up stuff I know I would have struggled with on a bigger bike. :ride

Back