• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

What did you do to your dirty bike today?

Two Stroke Trials Tire Master Race! We will conquer the climbs if not the mud holes.

When I was walking down Main St. in Moab the other night I saw two plated 2 strokes go by.

After returning home and seeing the bike apart in the garage, I then laughed as I thought about the spare injector in my parts kit that Aaron will beg for in the middle of nowhere....

I have already upgraded my injector, but I really should carry a spare. Maybe I'll grab one before Baja next year. Also: :twofinger :laughing

Took a Pic of it and posted it here:teeth

Moab, here we come!

Attachments

• IMG_5513.JPG
    IMG_5513.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 92
TWO FLAT TIRES!

Y-U-No.jpg

Aired up the two flat tires. Changed the transmission oil. Safety wired the oil filler plug. Went to log the oil change and found I haven't ridden the bike since its last oil change after BARF Stonyford in April. Well, at least it's fresh from the bottle!

Got out to Carnegie today... really nice weather, a tad windy though.
Realized I should probably get some new tires, mine are torn up...

Fn9mK4O.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to finish breaking in the new top end before leaving for a week to Moab Friday. :party

A couple of heat cycles down and back the valley at Middle Creek and then a loop up Sled Ridge. :ride. Noticed something just barely off in the front end when returning..... Upon further inspection, front wheel bearings were starting to get some play. :thumbdown

Not sure I could get some before leaving..... But I did have a spare set of wheels back in the shop. Luckily those bearings were good upon inspection and I did a quick swap of the bearings between wheels. :teeth

MOOOOOOOOOOOab!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
All's well that ends well. :thumbup

I am REALLY bummed that I forgot (I think) to put a set of poker chips in my gear bag before dropping it off at Eric's place. They're heavy, so I don't wanna haul them on the bike. If one of you guys wants to bring some chips and cards, please do. :thumbup

I'm fairly lost on all this Moab talk - what's happening?

I put the sumo wheels away and the knobbies on.

lOT9gnQh.jpg

Last edited:
Made some last minute carb adjustments to the cr and bombed the neighborhood. It's much happier! Anytwonwilldo brought his bike over. Trailer is loaded and Moab awaits! Just need to pack some tools and gear and we are out the door at the crack tomorrow! Woot!
238BD723-6495-42E2-A5F5-3990B26B9D32.jpg

I'm fairly lost on all this Moab talk - what's happening?

I asked, too, but got no response. It must be a secret :(

Beautiful new bike, tootall! :thumbup Have fun with it!

NotGoingToMoabChick

I asked, too, but got no response. It must be a secret :(

Beautiful new bike, tootall! :thumbup Have fun with it!

NotGoingToMoabChick

Oh I don't think it's intentionally a secret. A moab trip formed on the last Stonyford trip, let the braap begin (tomorrow around 2-3) :ride

Oh I don't think it's intentionally a secret. A moab trip formed on the last Stonyford trip, let the braap begin (tomorrow around 2-3) :ride

Now, see? If I'd gone on the last Stonybarf trip I would've known!
Damn, it's my own fault…

:laughing:laughing

I'm just jealous!

WC

Now, see? If I'd gone on the last Stonybarf trip I would've known!
Damn, it's my own fault…

:laughing:laughing

I'm just jealous!

WC

It was the camaraderie formed around resurrecting Jesus I mean Butch from the river.

Tami, pack up and head out and you can join us.

Well, I'm in the Sierra on my 610 with knobbies (and leathers) right now so maybe I should just turn right and keep going? :party:party:party

TravelingChick

Back